Should I recruit Karel or Harken?

Quick

Karel or Harken?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Eliwood's Story

2. 2. Hector's Story

This has been a question that has been getting in my head for a while. Should I use Karel? Or should I use Harken?

Karel is pretty good in function with Guy and with his supports and Wo Dao he can become devastating with it. While Harken has the Brave Sword and is generally the more well rounded unit.

I don't know how long it's been since I've played this game, so I will take all help I can get.

Harken > Karel

Karel's not bad in his own right, but Harken's pretty much superior in every way. Brave sword and good, or in HHM's case, great bases.

Edited by ZM456

Heh, Harken is getting a lot of love. I can see why, the Brave Sword seems useful and Guy would like it a lot.

You can tell I love Swordmasters just by the fact that I'm thinking about how Guy would like the unit.

Harken is the best user of the Brave Sword, at least out of all of the land swords.

Guy's probably better off with something not so heavy.

Edited by Refa

Even if Harken is a better unit, I still almost always go with Karel, just because I love swordmasters. The thing about those two characters though, is that they're both pre-promotes, so you probably won't be using them too much, and I'm sure that Raven will be able to surpass Harken while Guy will be able to surpass Karel.

Harken is the better choice. Like Hamlet said though, its easier to get Karel in the Kenneth map because its smaller and stuff. You CAN get Harken there but it requires going slower...much slower.. Jerme's map, yer almost guaranteed to get Harken. I dont even know how you get Karel on that map. Ive never had him appear on that one. Jerme's map in general has more treasure swag. lol!

It's just naturally easier to recruit Karel in Kenneth's PFoD, whereas Harken is easier to recruit on Jerme's PFoD.

I need to train my other units a lot then in the next 2 chapters. Since if I don't, I'm stuck with Kenneth's map which means Karel. Which is apparently crap compared to Harken.

Edited by Quick

I need to train my other units a lot then in the next 2 chapters. Since if I don't, I'm stuck with Jerme's map which means Karel. Which is apparently crap compared to Harken.

Uh...Harken is supposed to be easier to recruit on Jerme's...

Actually, a few weeks ago I replayed FE7 and got the Jerme chapter for the first time ever. First time I tried to play the chapter, I got Karel lol. I had to actively not open doors to get Harken like I wanted to. So, I thought Karel was just supposed to be easier to get in both chapters because he's not as good as Harken. Apparently not!

what? You get Harken so easily on Jerme's PFoD. It's very hard to open the required number of doors needed to recruit Karel.

I need to check what I post before I actually post it, because now I sound stupid.

I meant to say Kenneth.

Jerme's map, yer almost guaranteed to get Harken. I dont even know how you get Karel on that map.

Hypothetically, a bunch of mounted and flying units with door keys could open the four southernmost buildings before turn 9.

Assuming that it's possible to get Karel on Jerme's map, that's how you'd do it.