Pokemon Black and White Version Two

SgtSmilies

I just got White 2; and I`ve matured enough to not name my rival assface or something.

I chose white because I got black last time and I like Reshiram more.

Who else has gotten it, and why did you choose which version?

also, holy shit Juniper's mouth moves in the intro!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got it yesterday myself, but due to the constraints of having midterms, I'm not very far at all...unless already having gotten the Toxic Badge is considered "far." I dunno, I'd be a lot farther if it weren't for midterms. >_>

Anyway, I got Black 2 because Black was the first game I got and beat, despite also getting White for the whole experience. I MIGHT get White 2, I dunno. My team is as follows:

"Shogun" - Dewott Lvl 18

"Epargyreus" - Sewaddle Lvl 18

"Aureus" - Riolu Lvl 17

"Shisa" - Growlithe Lvl 14

"Magna" - Magnemite Lvl 17

And in my box, I have a Lvl 12 Venipede (caught in the wild), a Lvl 15 Genesect (lol, WiFi events), a Lvl 10 Munna (Pokemon Dream Radar), and a Lvl 10 Swablu (Pokemon Dream Radar).

Want my advice? Catch a Magnemite and train it before you hit the Virbank Gym. A combination of Supersonic, SonicBoom, and a few ThunderShocks here and there will absolutely DECIMATE the gym. Poison does nothing against Steel, and all the other attacks from each Pokemon will do very little damage (about 1-3 damage in my experience).

Edited by Karaszure

You don't even need to train magnemite past level 11 to beat the Virbank gym with it singlehandedly. Its electric/steel typing is valuable for the early game, but later on it starts to feel a bit like a liability because of all the ground types and ground type moves around, and a somewhat shallow movepool. I still have it on my team but I think I regret not training my Flaafy and leaving it behind after beating Burgh.

I think my Oshawott may have had bad IVs... I feel like he should be better, though he still dominated the 5th gym and hits a lot of things neutrally.

I caught a Riolu at the ranch but honestly he's not so great, and I don't know if it's because I just caught one with bad IVs or if this game is just slanted in such a way that fighting/steel is not a good typing to have. He doesn't learn force palm until level 15, so he's not even useful as a means of barreling through the first gym unless you find Riolu early.

I caught a Sandile and slapped the exp.share on him to catch up to my team. He handled all of the 4th gym with ease. He's speedy and hits hard and is probably one of my team favourites.

Growlithe learns most of his moves a lot earlier in this game and keeping him trained has been pretty beneficial. He was my 3rd gym MVP, then sat on the exp.share for awhile. After Driftveil his usage skyrocketed. I got a fire stone by Nimbasa but I'm waiting for Growlith to learn more moves so his coverage is better.

Current team:

Level 34 Dewott

Level 32 Krokorok

Level 33 Magnezone

Level 34 Growlithe

Level 31 Lucario

Level 31 Deerling

My team is really bad against fighting, fire, and ground type moves. I had Leavanny for a long time and recently swapped out for Deerling, but I sort of regret it because Leavanny's razor leaf and bug bite were much more helpful than take down and jump kick as far as coverage goes. However, a x4 weakness to flying, fire, and a x2 weakness to rock, ice, bug, and poison is just so harmful, though my team really wanted that fighting resistance Leavanny gave me before.

Got it last night. So far loving it. I was a little unsure about it because I didn't like BW1, but this has exceeded my expectations.

Oh, and PWT is so fun. :>

Got both yesterday and started White2. Training my team to take on Drayden.

Team:

Motochika-Samurott

Lightning-Ampharos

Sunnycide-Sunflora

Wait 4 It-Arcanine

SandMan-Sandslash

Mind Crush-Elygem

Edited by Breezy

It took me an hour and a half, but I finally found a Riolu and caught it. I can now finally leave the ranch and actually play the game. In the end, I will probably look at this as the biggest waste of time ever.

^ They're not common at all. You really only have a 5% chance of finding one, according to Serebii.

It took me an hour and a half, but I finally found a Riolu and caught it. I can now finally leave the ranch and actually play the game. In the end, I will probably look at this as the biggest waste of time ever.

rofl, how long did it take you? I just happened to waltz into the grass in Flocessy Ranch and a Riolu was the first Pokemon that jumped out at me. I was lucky enough to catch it, too, as my Sewaddle almost killed it. >_>

I'm glad I got my Riolu as the first encounter of the area, though I didn't have the same luck with Eevee. I would've grabbed the one that is given to you, but I couldn't find it. But yeah, I got Black 2 because I had White before, so I did the switch. I'm currently in Elesa's first gym, even though I got the game early-ish yesterday.

Team: Severus (Servine) Lvl: 24

Aaron (Lucario) Lvl: 24

Lassie [will change to Winn Dixie once I feel like it] (Growlithe) Lvl: 24

Freezy (Eevee) Lvl: 24

I plan on getting that one Zorua later, and a Joltik.

Got it yesterday, really fun, it's my first Pokemon Game in a while, well Soul Silver was, but this is another :D.

Learning EV's is annoying but yeah, liking Genesect stuff and Smugleaf.

I named myself Sigurd and my rival Alvis for shits and giggles however :P

The Rival got the fire starter of course.

Curse all of you for finding Riolu on your first encounter! It took me an hour to find the first one, but I killed it, and then another 10 minutes to find another and actually caught it this time. I got lucky too because it's a Jolly nature, though it seems it's highest IVs are in Special attack because it's says "mischievous".

But I can finally play the game now laugh.gif. I just hope that Lucario is useful in this game. Also Genesect seems kinda OP for a level 15 pokemon. Signal Beam already?

I got Black 2 and my sis got White 2. :D I just got the fourth gym badge and am looking for an Eevee now, because I accidentally skipped it the first time around. And it feels like they've modified the happiness system, 'cause my Riolu and Swadloon evolved really quickly (Riolu at 20, Swadloon at 21). Also, for the first time in a long time I'm not bothering with natures and have not reset for a nature even once. It's pretty fun. :3

Sebastion (Servine) Lv 31

Sari (Leavanny) Lv 30

Miria (Ampharos) Lv 30

Ricard (Lucario) Lv 30

Gaile (Growlithe) Lv 31

^ I'd wait until you get to Reversal Mountain. They're a bit stronger there, and if you're lucky, you can catch already evolved Vibrava.

I got Black 2 and my sis got White 2. :D I just got the fourth gym badge and am looking for an Eevee now, because I accidentally skipped it the first time around. And it feels like they've modified the happiness system, 'cause my Riolu and Swadloon evolved really quickly (Riolu at 20, Swadloon at 21). Also, for the first time in a long time I'm not bothering with natures and have not reset for a nature even once. It's pretty fun. :3]

Yeah, mine evolved at the same levels. Now I have a Lvl 21 Lucario and a Lvl 22 Leavanny. Then again, if you caught them at their lowest levels and leveled them up a ton (as well as NOT LETTING THEM DIE), it should be really easy to max their happiness. Besides, they grow happier as you run around with them, and as a bonus, you can now call Bianca for an automatic Happiness Checker to see if the Pokemon that need it maxed are ready to evolve. Nifty, eh?

Edited by Karaszure

Yeah, I was pretty psyched when Bianca told me she would be the happiness rater. :D And I think they both died at least once before they evolved, but they still maxed their happiness quicker than any of my other Happiness-based evos in previous games. Also, early Dig and Return TMs are so awesome. :3

At Drayden right now, with my team at about Lv.40. I feel so underlevelled...

Team:

Starmie Lv.39 (LeafGreen)

Drifblim Lv.38 (PBR)

Arcanine Lv.38 (Crystal)

Magnezone Lv.40 (Newbie)

Roserade Lv.39 (Platinum)

Going to go grind for a bit because I don't wanna get THWOMPED by Drayden. :<

Edited by Piss Sick Lawyer Lucina

At Drayden right now, with my team at about Lv.40. I feel so underlevelled...

Team:

Starmie Lv.39 (LeafGreen)

Drifblim Lv.38 (PBR)

Arcanine Lv.38 (Crystal)

Magnezone Lv.40 (Newbie)

Roserade Lv.39 (Platinum)

Going to go grind for a bit because I don't wanna get THWOMPED by Drayden. :<

Ok, seriously, if you simply have any Pokemon on you that knows any Dragon or Ice-type moves, you will be FINE. Take it from me. I took a Lvl 13 Magnemite into Roxie's Gym (about 3-5 levels below the gym's standard) and a Lvl 16 Growlithe into Burgh's Gym (about 4-6 levels below the gym's standard), and both of them swept through each gym singlehandedly because of type advantages.

I see that you have a Starmie in your party. If it knows any Ice-type moves at all, you'll be FINE. If you're at Drayden now, you should have been able to buy the Blizzard TM at the PokeMart in Lacunosa Town. But if not...yeah, go train. XD

Edited by Karaszure

The game isn't out in Europe yet, but i'm definately gonna pick it up.

I'll probably start with Oshawot since I already used Snivy and I don't like tepig. Aside from that I have a Roserade planned and a Magmar.

Roserade is a pretty good mon so he will be fine, but i've been wondering how Magmar will do ingame. I can't trade so Magmortar is out of the question. Still 95 attack, 100 spa and 93 speed doesn't look all that bad. Perhaps an eviolite will make him less frail.

Any opinion on Magmar so far? I know he's outclassed by Arcanine, but I want to try something new this game.

I swear I have the worst luck when it comes to trying to find rare pokemon. Took me another 45 minutes to find an Eevee, all because of my love for Jolteon and Vaporeon (though I'm gonna go with Vaporeon this time around because Surf). When do you get the WaterStone?