Pair the above SF user with a Game/Anime Character

Frosty

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cynthia

6 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Special Outfit Neptune (whatever the one in your pfp is called)

That is Neptune as a Paladin class (no horse, though) in the game 4 Goddesses Online, which also provides the subtitle for Cyberdimension Neptunia.
Think of it as a game within a game, and you play as the characters while they are playing a game, basically. It's a parody of MMORPGs and Isekai anime, particularly Sword Art Online, but it's also surprisingly educational on the benefits and disadvantages of online gaming or just being online in general.
This is also how it's possible that, say, Noire and Black Heart exist as separate beings at the same time, even though in the regular games, they're the same person.

25 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

That is Neptune as a Paladin class (no horse, though) in the game 4 Goddesses Online, which also provides the subtitle for Cyberdimension Neptunia.
Think of it as a game within a game, and you play as the characters while they are playing a game, basically. It's a parody of MMORPGs and Isekai anime, particularly Sword Art Online, but it's also surprisingly educational on the benefits and disadvantages of online gaming or just being online in general.
This is also how it's possible that, say, Noire and Black Heart exist as separate beings at the same time, even though in the regular games, they're the same person.

Ah, I see. Thanks for explaining. Now it makes sense why there's a "4 Goddesses version" of the songs the characters sing then. A while back, when downloading the Nep soundtracks to listen to, there was an album called "Hyperdimension Neptunia Complete Share Discs," which (as I know now) apparently wasn't just for one game, but has the soundtracks for most of the Neptunia games. That's why there's a separate disc for the songs that the CPU/goddess characters sing, one for the same songs but sung as a group (from the game you talked about I assume), etc.

----------

Rhea

Edited by twilitfalchion

Flayn

5 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Ah, I see. Thanks for explaining. Now it makes sense why there's a "4 Goddesses version" of the songs the characters sing then. A while back, when downloading the Nep soundtracks to listen to, there was an album called "Hyperdimension Neptunia Complete Share Discs," which (as I know now) apparently wasn't just for one game, but has the soundtracks for most of the Neptunia games. That's why there's a separate disc for the songs that the CPU/goddess characters sing, one for the same songs but sung as a group (from the game you talked about I assume), etc.

I looked it up, and that album has all the openings and endings for the Neptunia games and anime series that were out at the time, as well as the character image songs sung by the voice actresses. As far I can tell, the album came out in 2014, whereas the game, Cyberdimension Neptunia itself released in 2017 (which was, as a side note, the first game in which Noire's voice actress changed).
The 4 Goddesses thing is, as far as I understand it, just a reference to the fact that the four main characters (Neptune, Noire, Blanc, and Vert) are exactly that: four Goddesses.
It's a bit clearer in the Japanese version, where they are called "megami" (which is the Japanese word for "goddess"), whereas the English dub tends to call them CPU (which stands for "Console Patron Unit" in this case), but there are instances where they're called goddesses in English as well.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

I looked it up, and that album has all the openings and endings for the Neptunia games and anime series that were out at the time, as well as the character image songs sung by the voice actresses. As far I can tell, the album came out in 2014, whereas the game, Cyberdimension Neptunia itself released in 2017 (which was, as a side note, the first game in which Noire's voice actress changed).
The 4 Goddesses thing is, as far as I understand it, just a reference to the fact that the four main characters (Neptune, Noire, Blanc, and Vert) are exactly that: four Goddesses.
It's a bit clearer in the Japanese version, where they are called "megami" (which is the Japanese word for "goddess"), whereas the English dub tends to call them CPU (which stands for "Console Patron Unit" in this case), but there are instances where they're called goddesses in English as well.

I see. Thanks for clarifying then.

-------

Purple Sister