Stat Caps and Unit Questions

Jamesiluce

IIRC there's a limit to how many chapters it reads though (either for the forcer or banner hack) but its just a parameter in the ASM so if you look that up in a hex editor you should be fine. The pointer to the offset should be there as well. The offset itself should be in the doc.

IIRC there's a limit to how many chapters it reads though (either for the forcer or banner hack) but its just a parameter in the ASM so if you look that up in a hex editor you should be fine. The pointer to the offset should be there as well. The offset itself should be in the doc.

There is? I never knew, I didn't program any limits to it. The source certainly doesn't have any limits.

Ok so for Lyn mode I can only use 6 characters for all the chapters? I looked in nightmare and only 6 have tutorial and non tutorial versions, but what about mathew, dorcas and the others that are in lyn's mode? Shouldn't they be the same way?

elaborate

Ok. In my hack I have 2 groups that eventually meet up. One group has twelve characters and the other has thirteen. I'm trying to find the best way to make the game look the cleanest I guess. So I was thinking of using the Lyn mode ending thing to split the game and keep all the characters stats from the first group. I was told that I could only use the characters that say tutorial to do this. So my question is will the other characters I use in Lyn's mode lose their stats they gain from lyn's mode if they don't have the tutorial and non tutorial character slots? I think I'm missing terminology to properly explain what I am trying to ask.

For example you get Dorcas in Lyn's mode. If I use him in lyn's mode will he lose his stats when he comes back in Eliwood's mode? I think thats pretty much what I'm asking or is there a way to keep his stats?

Ok. In my hack I have 2 groups that eventually meet up. One group has twelve characters and the other has thirteen. I'm trying to find the best way to make the game look the cleanest I guess. So I was thinking of using the Lyn mode ending thing to split the game and keep all the characters stats from the first group. I was told that I could only use the characters that say tutorial to do this. So my question is will the other characters I use in Lyn's mode lose their stats they gain from lyn's mode if they don't have the tutorial and non tutorial character slots? I think I'm missing terminology to properly explain what I am trying to ask.

For example you get Dorcas in Lyn's mode. If I use him in lyn's mode will he lose his stats when he comes back in Eliwood's mode? I think thats pretty much what I'm asking or is there a way to keep his stats?

I may have been wrong about the tutorial thing it was an educated guess. I assumed it meant that they were Lyn mode characters but it could just mean that they're the ones that load in Easy mode. If this is the case then you should have a total of 13 characters available for your first group (Lyn, Sain, Kent, Wil, Florina, Serra, Erk, Lucius, Dorcas, Matthew, Rath, Nils, Wallace).

According to Blazer's Ultimate Tutorial:

#define LynModeEnding "CODE $58; CODE 0x30 0x0F 0xCC 0x08"

You would have been able to paste this into your definitions file and just use LynModeEnding to trigger the ending. Unfortunately CODE no longer works. It might be

#define LynModeEnding "BYTE $58; WORD 0x30 0x0F 0xCC 0x08"

but I'm not sure. Blazer might be a good person to ask about Lyn's mode since he's pretty much the only person to have properly used it so far.

...Fuck you, guys, fuck you.

If you want to use WORD/SHORT/BYTE etc..., it should be like this:

#define LynModeEnding "WORD $58; WORD 0x08CC0F30"

But since all FE7 codes that are used in the game are known, it should be called this:

#define LynModeEnding "JUMP 0xCC0F30"

Buuuuuuuut, since I figured a LONG time ago that people might find this useful, I already added a macro called LynModeEnding to the EAstdlib, which is defined like this:

#define LynModeEnding "ENUT 0x83; LYN_END; _0x1; ASMC 0xB85D5; STAL 0; STAL 0; ENDA;"

but that is mostly equivalent to the previous one since the game does it like this (Ch10 disassembly):

///Rest of chapter before this

JUMP label35
ENDA

//The next line is for re-assembling purposes. Do not delete!
MESSAGE Original ending offset is $CAE020 and the new ending offset is CURRENTOFFSET

ORG $CC0F30
label35:
ENUT 0x83
LYN_END
_0x1
ASMC 0xB85D5
STAL 0 0
ENDA

//The next line is for re-assembling purposes. Do not delete!
MESSAGE Original ending offset is $CC0F54 and the new ending offset is CURRENTOFFSET

with the mostly part being about ENDA (which I probably should remove from the LynModeEnding macro).