What is to consider during an import?

Well, since FE13 is taking it's sweet time, I decided that it's finally in my budget to import this game. My DS Lite is still in top shape, so I should be able to pay it.

But this would be the first time I ever imported something. I'm afraid I overlook something and accidentally end up with a 1000€ import or shipping fees or something like that.

Could someone with experience on this issue give me some advice on what to pay attention in regards to imports?

Btw, I'm from Germany. So if someone would have coincidently specific information on the laws over here, I would be especially grateful.

Edited by BrightBow

Aside from taxes, nothing.

I don't quite remember, but mine was around 60 (US)dollars. But I got it from Amazon, not sure how it works over there in Germany, and all that, though.

Is Amazon reliable? I want to buy a 3DS XL from there since it costs 600 bucks here, but I've never imported before. Silly question, I know, but I'm afraid of being pulled a trick. =P

Is Amazon reliable? I want to buy a 3DS XL from there since it costs 600 bucks here, but I've never imported before. Silly question, I know, but I'm afraid of being pulled a trick. =P

i have never had issues with amazon just ebay

My copy of Osu! Tatake! Ouendan! says on the the box in English that it's only legal to own or play the game in Japan, or something to the effect, but neither the feds nor any corporate ninja have deigned to give me any further notice. Not sure what that little tidbit meant, if anything.

Japan import taxes are ridiculous, use Hong Kong-based online retailers like Play-Asia.

You might or might not pay customs, I'm not too well educated on German regulations, apparently you have to after the packet exceeds a certain price or volume, but I ordered half a dozen games from Play-Asia before and never had to.

Edited by Ike-Mike

Japan import taxes are ridiculous, use Hong Kong-based online retailers like Play-Asia.

You might or might not pay customs, I'm not too well educated on German regulations, apparently you have to after the packet exceeds a certain price or volume, but I ordered half a dozen games from Play-Asia before and never had to.

Why would Hong Kong-based retailers be cheaper? Don't they have to import the stuff themselves? They do have to get their money back somehow.

Anyway, that's very helpful. Thanks a lot.

I was afraid that Play-Asia does not deliver to Germany and that "god-knows-what" happens, should I actually order something.