Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door Draft #1

ZemZem

This is the first TTYD draft EVER, and the rules may need some splicing up. THIS WILL WORK, DAMMIT.

Rules:

1. This draft is between four players.

2. Only Mario and two partners can be used over the course of the game.

3. Badges that cost 0 BP are free.

4. Partners will be drafted first, and then badges will be drafted in reverse order.

5. Use of Danger Mario is banned.

6. Two players will share a partner.

Exceptions:

1. Goombella is free until a drafted partner joins the team.

2. Yoshi is free for the Chapter 3 fight against the Armored Harriers.

3. Vivian is free for Chapter 4.

List of badges can be found here.

Players:

Tables: (Goombella, Ms. Mowz) Jumpman, Spike Shield, Power Plus P, Charge P, Flower Saver, Soft Stomp, Damage Dodge, Happy Heart, Happy Flower, Tornado Jump, Damage Dodge P, Super Appeal, All or Nothing, P-Down; D-Up

Lucina: (Vivian, Ms. Mowz) Hammer Throw, Ice Power, Quake Hammer, Double Dip, Power Rush, Lucky Start, HP Plus P, Flower Saver P, FP Plus, HP Plus, Feeling Fine P, First Attack, Defend Plus P, Refund

ZM: (Flurrie, Koops) Power Smash, Multibounce, Quick Change, Power Plus, Pretty Lucky, P-Up; D-Down, Mega Rush, Feeling Fine, Peekaboo, Flower Finder, P-Up; D-Down P, FP Drain, Mega Rush P, Head Rattle

Jedi: (Yoshi, Bobbery) Power Bounce, Zap Tap, Piercing Blow, Power Jump, Charge, Defend Plus, Sleepy Stomp, Ice Smash, HP Drain P, Item Hog, Super Appeal P, Power Rush P, Shrink Stomp, HP Drain

[spoiler=Partners remaining]

None

[spoiler=Badges no one wanted]

Bump Attack

Chill Out

Close Call

Close Call P

Double Dip P

Fire Drive

Hammerman

Happy Heart P

Heart Finder

Last Stand

Last Stand P

Lucky Day

Money Money

P-Down, D-Up P

Pity Flower

Pretty Lucky P

Return Postage

Simplifier

Timing Tutor

Unsimplifier

Edited by ZM456

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes.

I might be a little slow (getting to play, not actually playing). Victory criteria = time?

And I might need prods to check this thread... hopefully not but if I'm too slow, prod me.

Edited by Tables

Not joining (I missed the signups anyway), but:

5. Use of Danger Mario is banned.

You probably ought to define what exactly qualifies as the Danger Mario setup.

Obviously, having 5 HP with a crapton of Power Rushes equipped does.

But, for instance, I tend to use a similar-but-not-quite-the-same setup where I also equip lots of Power Rushes and Power Pluses (among other things), but simply never upgrade my HP instead of lowering them down to 5. Would that also qualify as Danger Mario?

You probably ought to define what exactly qualifies as the Danger Mario setup.

Obviously, having 5 HP with a crapton of Power Rushes equipped does.

But, for instance, I tend to use a similar-but-not-quite-the-same setup where I also equip lots of Power Rushes and Power Pluses (among other things), but simply never upgrade my HP instead of lowering them down to 5. Would that also qualify as Danger Mario?

I was thinking only of the 5 HP + tons of Power Rushes strategy. That would also qualify, though. Basically, just don't pile on a ton of Power Rushes on Mario.