Lord of Azure Flame Chapter 27: War

Phoenix

Battle: Ilyphina

Demons were dying in droves, and Iso was caught up just trying to remain calm. In the end though, he began to wonder why he was even bothering with such a thing. There was no strategy or tactic that needed safeguarding. The crimson brigade was almost fully committed to offense, and Iso was only slowing them down by not acting. He cut lose, and gave into his rage for just a few moments ... long enough to assist Adena who had bravely attacked the demon leading the rest. Iso followed up with an attack of his own, a single fireball that exploded into an inferno as it struck the demon. Proxima didn't ask for much in the way of energy, and Iso felt fine afterward. He and his weapon were really starting to get along, it seemed. Iso began taking deep breathes as Anil burned and burned away "I can handle this ... I can handle this." he repeated, still taking deep breathes. Kelas was quick to compliment him on the finishing move, and he smiled back. "Hopefully that rock demon doesn't show up again like last time." Ooo, maybe not the best comment to make right now he quickly realized. Knocking on wood was generally a bad idea. "Hey," he called out to Adena. "Are you okay?"

Meanwhile Irina was shocked to see Damian leap from Nikita to go aid Tessa. She felt silly being shocked, that was just a given, but she would have preferred it if he just directed her down there. Now she had to watch his back from the air. She made a pass around the enemy forces and reached Damian again just as he had Tessa healed by Charlotte. "Hey, don't run off! I'm here to help!" she exclaimed, though she didn't seem mad about it.

Viveka went after a harrier that had wandered a bit too close and struck a clean hit, but it hit her back as hard as it could manage and fell to the ground. Susann, having panicked, ended up stepping on its head and killing it. "Heh." Viveka smiled, but then Susann panicked and began rearing wildly. "Whoa it's okay, it's okay! It's dead! Sunnyyy! Whoa!"

Iso attacks Anil! Rolls 3,3,4

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3759616/

HIT!

-7 hp

KO!

Iso hp 15/15

Anil hp 0/21

Iso/Kelas +15 exp

Irina defends Damian!

Viveka uses Charisma! Tristan/Tas +1hit/evd

Viveka attacks Harrier 11! 5,3,6

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3759618/

HIT!

-9 hp

Harrier 11 ocunters! Rolls 6,2,3

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3759620/

HIT!

-3 hp

Viveka doubles! Rolls 2,2,5

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3759622/

HIT!

-8 hp

KO!

Viveka hp 12/15

Harrier 11 hp 0/12

Viveka/Tristan +5 exp

Ooc: Will try to add some fluff later.

Edited by Phoenix

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The enemy seemed to be falling before them...Charlotte decided to heal the Adena woman she met before and Sir Eric. Just in case.

Charlotte uses Healing Aura! Adena 6/15-->15/15 Eric 10/18-->18/18 Charlotte, Eric +10

Tristan decided to knock another one of the harriers out of the sky.

(2,3,1)= 12 damage. Harrier 15 dead. Tristan, Viveka +5 exp

Morgan looked at the enemy leader be set aflame and decided to take a moment to catch her breath. Well this went relatively well. she thought to herself, surveying the battlefield. She grabbed Chase and took him over to the woman who had helped kill the enemy mage. "He requires healing," she said, figuring that Chase's need for medical aid may be more important than continuing to fight, given how few demons were remaining.

Edited by -Cynthia-

Anil fell to the flames with a scream. He would have liked to curse the humans with his last breath, but he was too busy being on fire.

Kelas looked around to see if Isotov was all right, to find that he had just finished off the demon in charge. "Good shot!" she called, before sending another arrow into a hound. It leapt up and raked her with its claws, but fell dead as she put another arrow through its heart.

(4,1,4) Autohit. Kelas does 11 damage.

(5,3,2) Hit. Hound does 3 damage.

(3,2,2) Hit. Kelas does 22 damage. This is incredibly silly. Hound11 dies.

Arrin turned on another harrier. They were almost in the clear; he needed to get to Tessa, and the thing was in his way. He took another hit from it before blasting it out of his way.

(2,1,5) Hit. Arrin does 8 damage.

(2,3,4) Hit. Harrier does 4 damage.

(1,5,3) Hit. Arrin does 12 damage.

Kelas 6/15, Arrin 6/12, +5EXP to Kelas, Arrin, Iso

The back line of soldiers turned at the cry, suddenly with their weapons at the ready. The attack from Raemond struck the demon hard, causing it to howl and screech in pain. With so many converging on it, the threat would be eliminated shortly. At least, that would have been the case, except for the second demon the horde launched...or, tried to. Whatever device they were using to throw their allies over the lines of soldiers apparently misfired and instead the giant, armored ball of a demon crashed right through demon and human ranks alike, while simultaneously vaulting a more human-sized, lithe demon amid the human lines of defense.

Just about everyone was in a minor state of confusion, but the humanesque demon managed to get up fairly quickly, shaking off the rough landing he'd suffered. True, generally, he was a bit more intelligent than the more creaturesque demons, but this frenzy had gotten to most of their kind anyway. The fall had let him regain himself for a moment or two, however, and when he looked up, lo and behold there was a small human nearby looking at him. The small human had those shiny things on it, too. That typically meant they were important to the humans. Grinning wildly and quite pleased with himself for finding (entirely by fluke) such an important piece, the demon lunged at the human who loosed a fearful shout and managed to escape the demon's initial attack, fleeing through the opening caused by the second armored ball demon. The demon gave chase. The others could take the uniform ones.

Well, that was somewhat hard to miss. Raemond looked over at hearing Beau's yell after avoiding being rolled over by the second demon ball. "Beau!" he called after the young duke as he began to chase after the noble and the demon chasing him.

Tiria whirled about when she heard Raemond scream the duke's name just in time to see both of them go dashing off. Muttering curses under her breath, she starts to give chase after them. Overreacting am I? If we had just left when I said we should leave, we would have moved *before* that second demon decided Beau was a good target.

The ugly winged beast bit me! Hainam thought angrily. Reflexively, he fired a returning shot.

Still alive? Try this, Hainam channeled all his sudden anger into a single draw as he lined up his arrow head towards the offending demon's head. Slowly, the nomad exhaled as he let go of the bow string, his hands steady enough to make some of the best hunters in his tribe proud. After all, he was one of the best with the bow in his tribe.

Seeing the demon crash into the ground with a satisfying thud, Hainam again returned to the cover that served him well earlier.

Hainam doubling Harrier12 at range

http://invisiblecast...r/view/3759649/ 3,4,6,4,1,1

Hit!

4 + 4 - 0 = 8Damage!

No counter! Hainam doubles!

Hit! Crit!

(1+4-0)x2 = 10Damage!

Harrier12 KO and Poisoned! Hainam uses Stealth!

Hainam 7/15

Harrier12 0/12

Edited by Rothene

Adena

Adena was shaken by the enemy demon's attack, but she soon felt the healing magic of Charlotte. Patting Snips, she murmured to him, "Good horse. Way to stay calm. You're getting carrots after this." Hearing the fire mage who had finished the job for her call out to her, she turns. "Oh, uhm, yes! The princess was kind enough to heal me, so I'm going to be just fine. Good shot there. That was much more powerful than anything I could have done." She turned as the leader of the group approached her. "Oh! Yes! Of course. Here, give me a second." She quickly grabs her healing staff, mutters a few words and then touches the unconscious man with her staff. "There. That will stabilize him and prevent him from dying any time soon. He should wake up in a few minutes."

Snips

The human who was his friend was happy with him! She'd promised him crunchy delicious things! He hadn't done anything except stand where she told him to though... That wind blast had been scary, but nothing to make him scared. Oh well. Crunchy delicious things!

Edited by scorri

As he ran, Beau's only objective was to escape the demon who was chasing him, hurrying past other demons along the way. Raemond kept firing weaker, faster light spells, sometimes at demons they were passing by, sometimes trying to hit the one chasing Beau. It was tricky, though, and so far he hadn't managed to hit the darn thing even once. By the time he actually did hit the demon -- and disintegrated it with one, powerful blast -- they were fairly far from the palace. In spite of not having any reinforcements nearby, though, both light users had to stop and take a breather. They'd been sprinting a long ways, after all.

Once he'd caught his breath to the point of being able to talk again, Raemond spoke up. "We...should probably...find somewhere to take...refuge."

"Yeah," was Beau's only reply before beginning to walk in a seemingly random direction. Raemond followed, keeping alert for any demons that might notice them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everyone was fighting. The demons were falling so quickly, but even so, a few remained. Can I do this? Oh, this is such a bad idea... Well, they were hostile creatures trying to hurt the group he was attached to. So, Tas decided to try his hand at lancing one of them. Pulling into a steep dive, Tas braced for the attack, his lance poised to strike.

Full tilt (literally) activates! Def and res are now 0, evd is 14!

Wind Catcher activates, evd is now 17!

Viveka uses charisma on Tas! Evd is now 18! Hit is now 5!

(5+2)-3 = 4 = hit!

(2+2)-0 = 4 damage!

The one Tas had picked out that seemed to be a little weaker than the other 2 remaining, and though he was somewhat clumsy with his lancemanship, he still felt it connect and he thought he saw the thing drop lifeless as Namid pulled up sharply after the pass. The courier's heart was still pounding, though. Did I get it?

Tas 9/9

Hound 6 0/12

Tas +5exp

Esphyr, meanwhile, finally decided to pick off one of the remaining demons. After all, at this point, she was a lot fresher than many of the others around. Picking one out, she summoned her crimson sword over her iron one. It'd been a while since she felt its drain, but no matter. That demon would soon be destroyed.

Crimson Weapon activated! -8HP, +4mt!

Heroic Stand activated! -2HP, +2str, +2skl, +2def!

Alferis support! +1hit, +1AS, +1evd, +1def, +1res

(9+5)-3 = 10 = hit!

(10+4)-0 = 14 damage!

And with a single thrust through the dog's open jaws, the demon was dead. It was a simple matter, but the drain from her sword certainly took it out of her.

Esphyr 11/21

Hound 11 0/12

Esphyr and Alf +5exp

"I don't believe it," Beau muttered as he caught sight and sound of some familiar combatants. Seeing the crimson group in Illyphina was a surprise, but he didn't hesitate to hurry into what remained of the battle and check for the injured. He found quite a few, as he figured he should have expected, but decided to heal Kelas and Luc for the time being. He'd help the other staff-users after those two.

Beau heals Kelas and Luc with healing aura.

Combat medic activates! -4lck

(7+4)+2 = +13 health to Kelas and Luc!

Beau 12/12

Kelas 15/15

Luc 15/15

Beau and Tiria +10exp

Raemond was equally surprised to see the crimson group. He'd sensed them earlier, but there had been something slightly different from their sense to the sense of the demons around them. True, there had obviously been some demons around here, too, only recently... In fact, there was still one nearby. Deciding to destroy the lone demonic dog, Raemond prepared a blast of light magic.

Sadie support! +1hit, +2mt, +1AS!

Overcast activates! -4skl, +4mag!

Hawkeye activates! -5lck, +5hit!

Demon Slayer needlessly activates!

(7+4)-3 = 8 = hit!

(13+2)-0 = 15 damage!

Raemond 12/12

Hound 12 0/12

Sadie and Raemond +5exp

Well, that seemed to be the last of them in the immediate area, from what he could tell, though he wasn't entirely pleased to be in present company and there was no telling how long that would last.

Edited by Mercakete

Tiria raced after the duke and Raemond, finally catching up to them just as Raemond blasted a demon attacking another group into oblivion. "Finally caught you guys. ... Who are these people? Do you know them?" she asks Raemond.

...Ed?!

As the last of the hounds was slain, a straggler poked its head out from behind a piece of wreckage, grinning widely. Its maniacal laughter faded into blank confusion as it looked around at the group, and it sat itself down in the middle of the square, scratching an ear. It just did not have any idea what was going on.

Hound -1 HP: 12 STR: 0 MAG: 0 SKL: 6 SPD: 3 LCK: 0 DEF: 5 RES: 5

Grants no EXP. Probably. Yes, you can kill it. Yes, the actual battle part is over and nobody's getting any more EXP until we go fight Helenos.

ooc: fine my PCs will be in the next post

Edited by kdanger

"I am not entirely certain you would believe me if I told you," Raemond replied, though he really didn't know if she would believe him or not. He just didn't want to stay there. "They're a band of people from many walks of life from what I can tell. Some of them have fairly unique weapons... Crimson weapons," he clarified. Whether she actually knew about them or not wasn't any of his concern.

"Come along, Beau, we should see if we can find someplace safe nearby," Raemond called over to the young duke.

Beau looked over to where Raemond stood in annoyance. "This is the largest company of allies we've come across since we fled the palace. Splintering off on our own again would be folly," he criticized.

"That depends on who you define as allies," Raemond muttered grumpily.

That was when some weird sound came from nearby, gaining Raemond's attention. It gained Beau's, too, but only briefly. And so, the templar decided to kill that one, too, though it did seem defective.

Support bonuses, Overcast and Hawkeye do the same thing as last time (+1hit, +2mt, +1AS, -4skl, +4mag, -5lck, +5hit) and Demon Slayer halves that res to 2 (cause rounding down.)

(7+2)-3 = 6 = hit!

(13+5)-2 = 16 damage!

Raemond 12/12

Derp Dog 0/12

The blast of light magic quickly disintegrated the unfortunate demon and the monk didn't spare it a second thought.

Luc Altair

The destruction of the demon vanguard was swift. They could be nothing more than scout fodder. Though the Crimson group had taken a few significant injuries, and Luc himself would require a pass of a healing staff--which was gratefully provide by... Beau? Luc queried an eyebrow when he saw the young healer coming from out of nowhere to heal him once again. "A rather distressing mirror of last time," Luc commented with a nod. "Thank you for your assistance once again Beau." Though just as distressingly that Templar monk still attached himself to the young healer, trying to infect him with biased advice. "This is neither the time nor place for your prejudices monk," Luc lectured him, having somewhat forgotten an even tone due to surroundings. "Stay attached to us until we rendezvous with another force, but do not go out alone again. The city is not so safe that whatever skill had you survive this long will last forever."

CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE! i remember effort

Darkness, it was so dark and hot and choking. But then there was light, coolness. He opened his eyes and saw... Morgan. "Knew... you cared."

The Fargo

"Jeez, jeez," Fargo muttered from wherever he had slightly hidden himself. Captain and the others had cleared house through over 30 demons in the blink of an eye. This was madness.

Kelas and Arrin

The battle ended quickly, and Kelas was surprised to be healed promptly: Beau had returned, and she had to admit it was a useful time for him to do so. "Thanks," she told him distractedly, before sliding down from the saddle to try and find Arrin.

Arrin had injuries that had not been seen to yet, but he had already made his way over to Tessa and had sat down next to her. At least he wasn't on his feet, Kelas thought. "How bad did they get you?" she asked him.

"Scratches and magic," Arrin replied tiredly. "Those little ones had some nasty claws. I can wait for other people to be healed first, but... ow."

"Hang on a minute, I'll call Beau over, he just got here." Kelas looked around, only to see that Beau had been pulled away by his templar caretaker. Fine time to be taking healers away. "Or not," she muttered sourly. "We got any medics free?" she called.

"I said I can wait," Arrin mumbled, but he wasn't about to get up and protest. At least Tessa had been healed of her injuries almost immediately, so he didn't have to panic.

Morgan

"Try to recover your strength, this is unlikely to be our last battle today," Morgan advised Chase. She watched Raemond warily. He would not be foolish enough to attack us when he is at such a clear disadvantage...then again he is a Templar. she thought to herself.

Charlotte

Charlotte made her usual after battle rounds, healing most of the injuries that looked at least moderately severe. As she went towards Luc to heal him, she realized he had already been healed and overheard him talking to Raemond. "It really would be safer for everyone to stick together I think- we don't know exactly where the demons are in the city," she said, attempting to reinforce Luc's words gently.

Tristan

Tristan guided Bellerophon down and decided to take a breather. Seems I'm not bad at this whole battling thing- that went pretty well all in all. he thought to himself.

Demons

The demons began to make their way over the rubble that used to be the outer wall, the gargoyles and mogalls easily floating over it to strike at any fleeing mages that were on the slower side. The minotaurs and centaurs began to plow their way through the rubble while the gorgons slowly filled in the ranks behind them.

Petros himself began moving the rubble out of the way so that the demons could more easily make their way through, stamping his foot on the head of the fallen Master Draper on the way, squishing the unfortunate man's head completely. "Stay back once they're behind the next set of walls!" he ordered as to not fall for any mage tricks.

Rush

Reese and Conrad just might have been delayed if the former hadn't adopted the riding policy of 'run over ALL the obstacles' and mercilessly trampled any enemies bold enough to wander onto their path. The large group charged through the streets kicking up clouds of dust and ash in their wake as they made for the castle.

"Sir!" Conrad spoke up as he rode just behind Reese and slightly to the right. "We won't be able to keep this up once we reach the palace. We'll need a plan and a formation."

"Ideas, General?"

"Just one. Trample anything encroaching on the defensive line and then dismount and then fall back to reinforce the line. The only problem is our numbers won't do much to bolster the defenses. The only way to secure the triangle is to coordinate the troops and turn this whole battle around."

"Agreed, but I can't lead with a shattered command structure. First we kill anything on the ground that's giving the defenders a hard time, then we reestablish the chain of command and start coordinating everyone else. It's risky, but I can't fight on the front and direct this thing at the same time. I need the palace secured before we can get this started."

"We should hurry then." Conrad concluded.

"Incoming wyvern!" a cavalier called out. Conrad looked off to the left to see a mountain wyvern swooping down on them fast. There really wasn't any time to do anything about it and the warning served only to show just one of the riders what was about to tear him from his horse. The wyvern didn't kill him outright, but the fall from his horse did, as he clipped a nearby market stand with his head and broke his neck. The wyvern flew off to their right and came around for another pass. "It's coming around for another pass!" I just said that.

"Halt!" Reese shouted. They all began to slow down which caused the wyvern to miss during its next pass and fly in front of them.

Conrad got a very good look at it that time, thanks to the tactic. The most peculiar feature on that wyvern were its bold blue eyes. "Is that ... Shanice?"

"Forward!" Reese ordered, and with that, they began galloping at high speed again, but Reese wasn't planning on exhausting this tactic, and took his sword from his back in preparation to attack. As the demonic wyvern circled around again, it came at them head on hoping to undermine the previous tactic. Reese anticipated this somewhat and made one wild swing at the demon forcing it to abandon the pursuit. Reese still managed to strike it even though the blade missed; a burst of light emerged from Ascension and scorched the demon's stomach. It wasn't finished yet, though, and flew off behind them for a time only to turn around and try to approach from the rear. "Men, pull ahead! I'll catch up." And with that, Reese began to slip deeper and deeper and farther and farther back into the formation of charging horsemen until he was at the trailing end of it. As the demon came back around, Reese took another swing at it and scorched its head this time. it's eyes were red now, not blue, and it spiraled out of control, crashed into a rooftop, and fell onto the street as the men rode away.

The wyvern had assumed its true form by the time it picked itself up ... Shanice. "Argh ... I can't see ... fuck! Arrrruuuuugh ... why ... do things like this always ... happen to meeee ... dammit! When did the humans get so much resolve?! That crimson weapon was mine!"

Nice Try

While the crimson brigade fought the demon leading the dog and snake army, the hero Harold Belamy fought against the massive tiger, but it seemed more like a bunch of useless pondering and defensive maneuvers. Sword strikes weren't enough to kill the creature and Harold lost half of his men before ordering them to fall back to safety while he kept the creature distracted. Once he had had enough of running around, he began looking for something, anything, a weakness he could exploit to destroy the creature, and just when he thought he'd found one, the humanoid demons had all fallen. Harold leaped high into the air hoping to cleave off the things head and kill it that way, but it dispersed just as he swung and he fell through its vanishing form and landed in a cart full of hay face up. The impact knocked the cart's wheels off, and what would have otherwise been a soft landing was a rather painful one. "... this proves nothing." Harold muttered to himself seconds after the crash.

Percival landed nearby and dismounted before approaching Harold. "HAH ... I haven't seen you fall so hard since Mana threw you from the top of TISME."

"It was a second story balcony, you fool; I'm not immortal ... despite my reputation. Now help me out of this thing or go pester someone else. You've been quite unhelpful thus far and as of right now you deserve about as much credit for this victory as the arrow that was never drawn."

"Hmph. I'll show you who deserves the credit. Come on, then." Percival helped Harold out of the cart and back onto his feet, and the two headed over to the crimson party. Lev flew down and beat them to her, however, and Stephanie also seemed to be waking up.

Iso

They had won the battle, but Iso could still smell nothing but death in this place. There was all sorts of noise around them, the sounds of fires burning and demons roaring in the background. One thing he wish he could hear were the sounds of people fighting back, but there was nothing. It seemed like the area they were in was ... conquered already. There probably weren't any survivors for several blocks. That was a lot of dead innocents and he could spot a few just by looking around. He shook his head in aggravation. As if he needed more reasons to want to kill almost any demon he came across.

Irina

Irina was not expecting Iso to go after the leader, but she wasn't expecting Adena to either, so it was just one big surprise that ended in a very noisy bonfire and all she could do was gawk. When the strange straggling demonic hound arrived on the scene, Irina could tell the thing was anything but a threat. She didn't find it cute, but she wondered if the demon leader had gotten a little sloppy or if it was just having a little fun with that one. Another time, she might have gotten the answer to that question, but it was quickly and violently dispatched. She winced at that. "Well ... that's that, I guess."

Viveka

One kill was enough for Viveka. Frankly she would have settled for no kills and no injuries, but alas. She pulled out a vulnerary from the reserves she'd stocked up on before they set out and applied a small amount to her arm. "Long sleeves ... definitely long sleeves." she noted to herself. "Dammit, I want to go find Tobe but ... it's still too soon and this battle is far from over. I need to try and scout the other triangle points again."

She quickly rode over to Tristan. "Hey, I'm getting ready to take one more look at the triangle points. Are you coming? Also, where's Tas?"

Ixion

The scene around Ixion was nothing like one would expect. His chimeras were spread out all over the block, killing imps or dragging them out into the street to be mauled to death in broad daylight, and a humanoid demon was also killed somewhere along the way as three chimeras pounced on it and began to eat it alive. Ixion kept all twelve of his chimeras alive by reaving the life force of demons as the chimeras killed them and distributing that energy to the injured or weakened through his mana links. He would occasionally blast a demon with an attack of his own before it could flank one of his chimeras, but only when the chimeras were all healed and his nosferatu technique wasn't necessary. That tactic increased his entire group's durability and he cut a slow and bloody path through the streets toward the barracks, leaving a lot of dead demons in his wake. "Quality of quantity. Twelve might not have been enough ordinarily ... but for now, this is simply too easy. Miranda hasn't closed in yet, so that's something I'll need to be mindful of ..."

Edited by Phoenix

"Whenever I find you people you do seem to be fairly haggard," Beau agreed with Luc, not that he and Raemond didn't seem somewhat bedraggled themselves at this point. It was nice to be thanked by him and Kelas. At least there is appreciation. He was also pleased to hear his stance affirmed by Luc and Princess Charlotte's comments to Raemond, and he showed this by casting a smug smile at the monk.

That was interrupted, however, when he heard Kelas calling for a healer. So, he hurried over. "Ah, so this is why," he noted aloud, more to himself before focusing his healing ability through his staff and over Arrin and Tessa for good measure. Once he'd finished that, he greeted Arrin, "It is good to see you again, though it would have been nice if it was under different circumstances."

Raemond, meanwhile, chose to ignore the comments cast at him. He trusted this group as a whole about as much as he trusted the demons, but at least they weren't intending on killing any fellow humans for the time being. Instead he simply waited for some action to be taken, trying to familiarize himself with the differences between the sense of the crimson weapons and the sense of demons.

Esphyr didn't have any actual injuries. She was just tired, so she simply sat down and rested while she had the chance.

Meanwhile, Tas was high above the group on Namid's back. The swooping attack he'd performed wound up carrying them pretty far up and as a result, he and Namid had found themselves in a cloud of smoke and Tas had pulled the collar of his riding coat over his nose and mouth. I guess we don't have to worry about blending in around here... A layer of soot coated the human and wyvern and now they smelled like smoke. Neither was keen on staying in that quality of air, however, and so they circled down to the group in short order.

"Shit," Alf muttered, clutching his leg from the bite he sustained from the hound. These demons were not as strong as the others they had fought before, but they still managed to put a noticeable dent in the group.

"Its just gonna get tougher from here, how are we gonna survive if we're having trouble with this relatively weak a group?" he grumbled, sitting down while he waited for one of the healers to come around.

The battle meanwhile had somewhat shaken Reika out of her shock and she stood alert for any more ambushes. The demons had not laid a scratch on her but Reika knew that there would be stronger demons coming and it would be a poor idea to get overconfident.

Sadie had noticed the arrival of Raemond and Beau and was relieved to see two more friends come near. She was still shaking from the battle but fortunately she was calmer than when she first arrived in the city. So happy to see a friendly face, Sadie rushed over to him.

"Ah, you're alright..." she said gently.

Morgan

"Looks like we made it out of this battle relatively intact," she said to Lev as he came down. "So did they...thankfully I suppose," she said begrudgingly. looking over at Percy and Harold. "Truth be told I was rather glad they went away, Percy ordering us and doing nothing of value was highly vexing," she admitted.

Charlotte

Charlotte went around and healed anyone that needed it, knowing that there may be more fighting soon to come. Oh Lady please help us get through this. she prayed, her own energy beginning to fade as she tried to keep everyone in prime fighting condition.

Tristan

"Sure- we're scouting ahead towards the barracks right? Or did you want to see what was happening with TISME or the palace? You must be a little worried about General Jackson," Tristan noted to Viveka. Bellerophon was occupied with preening himself for the moment, having gotten slightly dirty during the battle.

Some Stuff

Lev replied quietly since the two heroes were well on their way over. "Yeah, I don't think he wants to risk his neck on this one."

"Morgan," Harold greeted as the two arrived. "Good to see you were able to handle the first wave. You're a strong woman." he said with a strong nod and a firm gaze.

Lev scratched at his jaw with a single finger while raising an eyebrow at Harold. The guy was being more subtle than usual.

"The demons are dispersed or dead in this area. Your people should finish patching up and then we should continue the march."

Lev didn't quite agree with that assessment. They still needed to check the situation farther into the city with another quick scouting mission, first. Not to mention Harold's men were down to half strength, and they had injured among the survivors that weren't finished patching up either.

Some Other Stuff

Iso began wandering around, just keeping an eye on things. His eyes stopped glowing, which probably meant there were no demons within Proxima's 'detection' radius, but he remained vigilant just the same. The skies farther into the city were filled with demons; he could see them as plain as day, barring the smoke. Charlotte was all over the place and just about everyone seemed to be healed as a result. No such luck with Harold's men, and it wasn't a good idea to run Charlotte into the ground tending to them, despite how that might come across. They were patching up with vulneraries, he noticed, so it wasn't a big deal.

As he wandered around, he overheard Alferis' assessment of the situation and winced as a thought occurred. "They weren't really weak. We're just stronger than ever. There isn't a single survivor in this area besides us from the looks of things." Rather than try to reinforce Alferis' actual point, he added "... but we'll be alright. We didn't come this far just to die, now. Are you alright?"

Flight Checks

Viveka was looking around all over the place scanning for Tas while Tristan asked his questions. She spotted Tas in the air of all places just as Tristan mentioned Conrad. She knew where he was and so her focus quickly shifted to that and she looked down somewhat depressingly. "I know he'll be alright but ... it's just uncomfortable right now. I can't be there to back him up even if he needs it. That's horrible feeling. I just hope the barracks is holding up. That would mean Jasmine is still alive. We'll try to find a good view of the barracks first, yeah."

While those two spoke, Susann leaned in to try and help preen Bellerophon's feathers. He was too good for dirt, and the dry pesky stuff had no place on him.

"The hell ..." Viveka noticed the assistant preening going on and just stared for a moment.

Morgan

"Good of you to notice. Your group seems to have handled themselves well enough," she said, looking Harold and his battalion over. Perhaps not all the heroes are as incompetent as Percy. she noted to herself mentally. "We should be moving towards the barracks soon, once our scouts have detected any ambushes. Viveka, form a scouting party as soon as possible!" she commanded the pegasus knight from a short distance away, raising her voice.

Tristan

Oh right, her friend that left us earlier...and she lost another pegasus knight friend of hers to the demons before, she's probably more worried than she's letting on... "Don't worry, I'm sure Jasmine and General Jackson are fine, but it never hurts to check," he said before Morgan's order came in. "Guess we should get moving soon. Are you ready to come along Tas!?" he called out the wyvern rider descending to the ground.

Bellerophon reveled in the female's attention, looked over the other mounts of the group and gave a snort of haughty derision in their direction. With the wingless fool from before gone, the alpha male of this group was clear.

Leader Stuff

"I suppose we can wait for another report from your scouts, but I doubt they'll tell us anything we don't already know." Harold replied.

"We've been fighting long enough for the situation to have changed. It's worth the second mission." Lev explained. "Speaking of which, the elyisimians are probably at the palace by now. They didn't seem like they were going to let anything stop them."

"Reckless, but Reese is a good fighter. They should push through just fine, but we'd best not fall too far behind, or the demons will regroup and focus in on them. Can't have that."

Scout Stuff

Viveka glared over her shoulder. "Honestly, what does she think I was doing over here, just chatting? Alright, let's mount up and ... umm ... hmm." She stopped herself, not sure what to do about the pegasus situation. Susann was absorbed in cleaning off Bellerophon for some reason. "Sunny, you're not a servant. Cut it out."

Susann neighed in protest and kept preening. "Dammit ..."

"Well, she should be taken care of for now, I suppose." Damian noted with a relieved sigh, giving his head a shake in an attempt to deter the dizziness washing over him.

'This... is nothing. The others have it worse... I can wait... I can't let myself fall to simple strain...'

Looking up to Irina, who had reached them by this point, Damian gave a slight grin.

"Ah... sorry about that. I suppose my body was moving faster than my head..."

Adena

Adena walked over to Charlotte. "If there's anyone else left to be healed, let me do it. You need to take a break. Don't tire yourself out. In the future, please find me before you try and heal everyone." She set out to finish the job that Charlotte had started.

Tiria

Tiria listened to the disagreement going on between Raemond and the others of the group they had just joined for a little. She started to feel a little like an intruder, so she wandered away from the group slightly and sat down on a piece of rubble and stared out at the group. Well, we have apparently gained more people. I guess that is a good thing in the long run. It means that I can focus more on protecting Beau and less on worrying about there being too man demons for me to fight off.

The Bodyguard

From Frederikov's vantage in the air atop Kiev things had flowed more or less smoothly, especially regarding her charges. She'd not even had to order Drake to retrieve any fallen, and keep them safe, as the ground crew were on top of that before she'd even gotten the chance for the two individuals who'd gotten anything in the way of a serious wound.

After more... persuading... than usually required she got her wyvern to spiral down to land on the ground, more or less near Isotov's current position. He seemed to have been in conversation with the masked axeman, but she didn't let that stop her.

"Well done, Your Highness. I must admit, the display of restraint you'd showed in holding off engaging until the foe was direly wounded was more than I had hoped for. Excellent technique on the kill shot too."

Open Your Eyes

Lashes fluttering open, Tessa instinctively raised her hand to the area at the base of her neck near the collarbone, where the demonic hound had been trying to chew through her. Her fingers met with undamaged flesh, and only the slight stickiness of drying blood. None of it fresh, I have somebody to thank for that, surely, she thought, sweeping her gaze around. Arrin had taken a seat right next to her and Damian was standing guard very nearby as well. A few others in the vicinity as well, with everyone in a state of guarded calm. There was a buzz of voices, and a sort of thundering in her ears. She recognized that that would pass shortly, and just tried to relax.

"Some luck there," she whispered. "Gotta do better, gotta pull myself together here and... Ah―" A twinge of phantom pain cut her off, and she finished with a sigh.

Everything went better than expected

Helios had spun around, looking for more fodder for his ammunition... yet found nothing. His eyes tracked quickly around the field. Charlotte was off healing, that was good to see. Luc was well too it seemed, conversing with... the prince's lips turned into a frown. When had that templar returned?

Finally, he turned to the woman with whom he'd been fighting, and finding her still in fair shape offered a short quip, "Not sure where you learned to fight like that, lot of normal soldiers would just fold up like so much parchment. Hope you've got more of that in you, cause I get the feeling we'll be needing it. This," gesturing at the burning city beyond their immediate vicinity, "Probably was just the start."

Raemond was a little surprised to see the girl again, especially considering their current surroundings. "What are you doing here?" he asked, his surprise evident by his tone and expression. Regaining himself somewhat, the monk took on a more serious look. "I should be saying the same to you. This is the second time I've found you in a demon-infested city. Do you make a habit out of frequenting places like this?"

He knew it was more likely that she'd simply stayed with the crimson weapons group, and so just shook his head and sighed. "This is no place for a child... And these aren't the safest people to be travelling with."

At first, Tas was gravitating more towards Irina on his descent, but hearing his name shifted his attention to Tristan, the one who'd shouted it, asking if he was ready to go. What? Are we going somewhere? Not entirely sure what was meant, Tas flew over to the pegasus riders and Namid touched down near them. "You wanted something?" he asked, genuinely confused.

Namid, meanwhile was observing the pegasi after he landed. Those were the things that smelled nice, but he wasn't supposed to touch, he recalled. How sad that this air smelled too foul to enjoy their sweet smell...

Beau looked over with a smile as Tessa woke up. "Ah, good, you're waking up," he mentioned to her, "How are you feeling?"