Lord of Azure Flame Chapter 27: War

Phoenix

"Whoa!" Tas and Namid had to break off their steady descent and dive a short ways as one gargoyle flew by, chasing another viciously. It seemed like they would be mostly ignored for now, which was both a good and a bad thing, seeing as they could probably rip through whoever they wanted to to get to another infected demon. Presently, Tristan and the other pegasus rider were still in the air, but it seemed like most of the wyverns had landed... No, wait, Kiev was flying again, and heading for... "Oh my goodness!" Immediately, Tas directed Namid to dart over to the roof where it seemed there had been a crash landing.

He wasn't sure if it was entirely stable, though, so he just had Namid circle around it while he jumped off of the wyvern's back, sort of landed on the roof, tumbled a little, caught himself, and scrambled over to where the pink she-wyvern lay. Right nearby, Irina was looking at something. When he got closer, he saw a rather damaged colonel. "Oh my goodness, is he okay? Are you okay? How's Nikita?" Tas asked, worried about the entire situation and not really sure which aspect of it to focus on. The bodyguard was hovering on Kiev nearby. She had probably just finished asking the same thing.

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Irina

Irina ignored the latter two questions Tas had asked, though she seemed well enough, and Nikita was trying to guard from more falling gargoyles though they all seemed to be scrambling or dead by that point. "Tas, I need your help! Help me get Damian onto Nikita so I can get him to a healer! He's got a broken arm and he's unconscious!" She glanced around a few times while explaining the situation to Tas and spotted Tessa, Morgan, and Arrin all over by Helenos's remains, and Morgan taking a few extra precautions, unsurprisingly. Tessa was probably busy helping or something. There was Charlotte, though, and the elyisimian healer, and even Stephanie appeared to be heading closer. That settled it, whichever one was the closest by the time they got Damian onto Nikita was the one they were heading to.

Viveka

For the moment, Viveka was wishing Tristan would stop to land instead of flying around in circles, because inevitably she ended up shadowing him as Susann began a perpetual chase of sorts, following Bellerophon's every move and neighing happily toward him. "Ugh ... hey wait." Then it happened. As they came around, she saw Chase of all people down. "Oh no, Sunny, land! Right now! I need to see if Chase is okay! Sunny! SUNNY! Urgh!" Viveka tugged on the pegasus' reins to force her to pay attention, and she eventually complied and flew down as Viveka directed. As soon as they landed and she dismounted to see how Chase was doing, Susann glanced to Bellerophon and then began trotting off again, getting ready to take off.

OoC: Holding off on Iso/Lev-Stephanie segments in case of replies.

"Oh! Alright!" Tas hastily agreed before moving over to try to help Irina bring the man onto the female wyvern's back. He was a bit awkward about it since he was trying to move the man without provoking his injuries, but he really had no idea how he was doing at that. All he could do was try to be careful while keeping his footing on the somewhat-destroyed roof.

CHAAAAAAAAAAAASE interaction is his middle name

Chase remained unconscious and unaware of everything happening around him because he had been smacked around good and hardy twice within an hour.

Edited by Script

one

Kelas was a bit surprised that Iris had provided a vulnerary for her as well, but she had to remind herself that the lieutenant didn't want to kill her... yet. Probably. "I've been better," she admitted with a bit of a grimace. She slid down from the saddle, only to have her knees fail her. She sat down on the ground rather abruptly, and held out a hand for a vulnerary. "Took a pretty bad hit for Arrin. But he's okay. And we got rid of that thing somehow. I guess that's a success?" she said wearily. "How much longer can we last in this siege though?"

two

Arrin's ears were still ringing, but he realized that Tessa had gotten much worse from the demon's final shriek when she began shouting at him without realizing it. "Are you sure you're all right?" he asked, raising his voice a bit and trying to enunciate as clearly as possible. "The other healers are on the job, you can take a rest if you need to." Tessa was clearly intent on finding Morgan, so he was relieved when the druidess appeared to finish cleaning up the demon, thus proving that she was all right and ensuring that Tessa could stay put for the moment. Morgan made a good point, in fact, and he joined in, frying the remaining bits of rot and sinew with small bolts of electricity.

three I guess

Once he had made his way inside what was left of TISME's walls, Mercurius began at last to reluctantly fight, incinerating demons and drawing the demons' attention to himself in order to save his fellow mages. He hadn't been attacking for long when some of the demons turned on their brethren, affected by some outside force, but he wasn't about to put a stop to it. "Leave the ones that are fighting each other alone, they'll take care of themselves!" he shouted to everyone nearby. Some people did so; others did not.

The fighting continued, and after a while, the demons suddenly turned tail. Mercurius wearily turned away from the fighting, though other mages continued to attack the retreating monsters, and began to tend the wounded with what limited supplies he had.

Irina and Wvyerns

Was that Iris flying down toward them? Yep, it was. "Damian's out cold and badly hurt!" Irina called back as she and Tas hauled the man closer to Nikita. Why did people in this group have to be so easily knocked out? She couldn't recall ever once having been rendered completely unconscious by an attack. Then again, she probably wouldn't remember it happening or make note of it if no one ever told her directly. Not important. "Can you help us out here?"

Irina! Kiev was excited to see that she was alright, even though that female, Nikita, wasn't doing a very good job of flying. Maybe he could teach her. He knew how to fly and was really good at it, now. Kiev called down at Nikita hoping to arrange the whole thing only for her to loudly and violently roar back. Kiev was silent from then on, his offer having been rejected by the angry female. "What was that ...?" Irina wondered aloud.

thing 1

Ah, Arrin must have been trying to speak to her before, and she had missed it. Worrying after her like usual, it was heartwarming, if embarrassing. And... oh dear, she almost hadn't noticed, but he was giving off cues that she was speaking overloud. "Yes, yes, I'm sure I'm fine," Tessa replied glibly while taking it down a notch. There were certainly no ill-effects in any way immediately noticeable, and the valkyrie was every bit convinced she spoke truly. The flashes she'd seen at the time of the deathstroke had been put out of mind, to be revisited later if at all, probably before bedding down for the night, whenever that may be.

Fortune seemed to be favoring Tessa now, perhaps in direct turnaround from the earlier disaster with the hounds, as Morgan had arrived of her own will, and on her own two feet, if perhaps slightly shakier than would be perfectly healthy. When the druid started blasting the last remaining bits of the surely deceased foe, and Arrin decided to join in, she weaved her way around to the side. She didn't have to wait long for an opening, as a coughing fit took the sorceress, and then with staff in hand the valkyrie set to work.

Following finishing the weaving of the healing magic, Tessa let out her relief and joy to the person that at that moment she most needed to, her volume almost entirely back to normal by this point. "We did it! I did it! There were so many others you could have given the sword to, but I did it. I didn't betray your faith in me. Not this time! I should have tried to get in there sooner, perhaps, but ah... it worked in the end. Thank you, Sis, I really made a difference." The outpouring was punctuated with a firm hug.

thing 2

The princess's report was somewhat lacking for Iris's tastes, having left out nearly every detail related to her own well-being, but she obviously had the health and energy to spare being concerned for the Halton man, and now that the lieutenant was close enough she could tell that there wasn't anything major. While she should probably be checked for a concussion or something later, there were certainly other priorities.

Foremost of which was the unnatural angle the poor man's arm was flopping, indicating a truly magnificent break. "Whoa, whoa, whoa! Hold up a sec, you can't move him in that condition just yet," she called out, perhaps a little too late as Tas and Irina were already dragging him back over to Nikita. Frederikov quickly looked around for something that could be used for an emergency splint. She didn't have the confidence in her medical expertise to set bones, but at the very least, they needed to make sure to keep them from moving around and making the situation worse.

Picking her way across the rooftop she ignored an exchange between Kiev and the pink wyvern, and pushing her way into a good position she settled on using some of the shingles that had been knocked loose from the crash landing, and cutting some strips of cloth from off of Damian's upper arm, careful not to jostle the break. It was very rough materials, but she did her best to cobble something together to provide at least rudimentary protection as they transported him to a healer.

"That's... not gonna hold up to anything really violent, but with luck it will be good enough for what we need to do to get him there...," Iris then backed off a little, letting Tas and Irina get back to their previous positions, while heading to the next best angle to assist, "Right, I'll help lift. We're getting him onto yours, Highness?"

Irina

It was an unexpected maneuver, but Irina decided it was probably for the best. Broken bones had been healed before, but that was no reason to get careless, and if put under too much stress, Damian might come up screaming and injure himself even further. She really didn't want that and so let Iris work. Once the officer was finished with the shingle splint, Irina answered her question about transporting him. "Yeah, Nikita can take him down to a healer"

Alex

The distraction worked as planned, what with Alex taking another glancing blow from the lance demon... Until Helenos connected with an attack that crumpled Damian. Before the Comet could react, the zombie dragon was slain by a combination of Morgan, Tessa, and... the Prince? The lancer could hardly believe it, but that was Bellerophon who emerged from the other side of that damned dragon, before Tessa finished it off.

Well, the monster's minions began to in-fight, and, since the majority of the heavily injured were being treated, Alex began to tend to her own wounds, while she waited for Tristan to land.

Eric

As Helenos fell to a pegasus knight's attack, the demons went ballistic. Instead of attacking their aggressors, the creatures turned on their own. The swordsman silently thanked the Lady for this small blessing, and checked to see that the Princess was safe. She was. Next up was to check the status around the city, starting with who he could contact...

Jace

It was incredible. One minute, the demons were fighting toot-and-nail to slow the Septimian forces, the next minute the Lord's servants were in full retreat, giving almost no resistance to Jace's men. The Brute had just sniped another hound when one of his Spirit Dolls went off. He quickly made his way to cover, where he retrieved the offending doll and brought it closer to his ears.

"What's the situation, Jace?" came Eric's voice from the doll.

"It's surprising," the Hero replied to his son. "The demons are retreating. How about your side of things?"

"... Helenos is dead."

"Are you certain?" That was slightly hard to believe, so he had to confirm.

"Yes. Helenos was slain by our group, and the tendrils are being destroyed as we speak."

That was mixed news, given that on one hand, that monster was dead. On the other hand, the group, including Allie and Eric, had painted a huge target on their backs.

"I see...," Jace responded. "Where is your group now?"

"A short whiles away from TISME."

"Alright, we'll meet you there. Stay cautious."

"Got it." The doll went dead. Jace looked at the device for a moment, then stored it away and drew his axe, to continue the advance.

It seemed like a lot of the other healers -- including one who appeared to be on loan from the Elysimian military -- were already making their rounds and only a couple remained who needed help that he could see. Beau was somewhat disappointed; it seemed like healing Raemond would fall to him after all, as well as the other unconscious man near him. So, he walked over and applied his staff to its work, first healing the bowman (who had a more visible wound) then applying the healing energies to the monk. If Raemond was injured very badly, it wasn't apparent, but it was better to be safe than sorry.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tas was glad that Iris had stopped to help them, though he was a bit worried about whether the roof they were standing on would collapse or not being structurally impaired and having four humans and two wyverns on it. Though Kiev wasn't full-grown, it was still a little worrisome. It wasn't collapsing yet anyway, which was good, and Iris even managed to dress the colonel's arm somewhat and helped them move him onto Nikita. Once that had been accomplished, Tas slid off of the pink wyvern's back and again he was standing on the roof with a sturdy a stance as he could muster at the odd angle. He was planning to wait for Nikita to take off and fly down before getting back in the Namid's saddle and returning to the ground himself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Esphyr was relieved that it seemed like the dragon demon was finally dead. In the whole fight, she hadn't even had to exert herself. Though she felt a tad guilty for that fact, it could possibly benefit them later, as they probably should continue on as planned.

Morgan

"Indeed you did. Try not to revel in victory too long however; there is likely still more work to be done. We should get moving once our important members are back on their feet," Morgan said to Tessa, hugging her back. She had gotten used to the valkyrie's penchant for displays of physical affection and supposed an accomplishment like destroying Helenos might warrant such behavior.

Charlotte

Charlotte decided not to heal anyone after the battle this time, heeding the advice given to her before by Adena that she should not overexert herself. I have called upon my own strength to heal others quite a few times today- and we might be needed to heal the Elyisimian soldiers as well. she thought to herself.

Tristan

Eventually Bellerophon grew tired of flying around, especially since the ignorant humans seemed not to be paying him much attention. Tristan guided him down to near where General Alex was, fishing out a carrot and handing it to the pegasus for his good work.

"Well that'll be quite the story to tell Mother once we get back. Tristan the dragonslayer- sounds a bit odd to even say," he admitted.

Edited by -Cynthia-

Luc Altair

Morgan saw fit to listen to Luc's advice--after a fashion--and began obliterating the squirming remains of the demon dragon. Though she was one of the ones capable of coming to that deduction herself. Though that was entirely irrelevant. How his mind did wander. And speaking of wander, Luc searched the area for his missing subordinate. There was no chance the panicky cavalier could have slipped through the whole trap without him knowing. Beyond Luc's own vigilance of the area, Fargo was just not that competent. So why was he spending time searching for him? Fed up with looking for Fargo, Luc returned to an actual worthwhile endeavor. Prince Tristan had landed nearby to General Alex, and Luc saw fit to join them. "A magnificent strike milord!" Luc let out with uncharacteristic cheer.

CHAAAAAAAAAASE on the run

The return of that warm feeling engulfed Chase in his state of unconsciousness and healed the incapacitating wound that one of the demons had felled him with. This restored the crimson bowman to his senses, and he slowly opened up his eyes, a blur with long hair appearing before him. "Morgan?" he choked out. He blinked his eyes a few times to get rid of all the blur. "Huh? Viv?" It hadn't been Morgan after all? Was she alright? Was she hurt like Chase? At least Viveka was fine. "You alright Viv?" Chase said with a weak smile. "Morgan too?"

Edited by Script

Irina and Wyverns

Once Damian was in the saddle, Irina took a spot behind him, so she could keep him from falling off without messing with his arm. Nikita's reins were still easy enough to reach, but Tas wasn't the only one concerned about the integrity of the roof. Nikita was lying down for a reason. The shingles she was lying on had already broken loose, and though her weight and good traction were keeping her from sliding off, the last time she moved, she slid a few inches. Now that she had passengers on her, she didn't want to risk sliding off of the roof. There was no way she would recover in time.

"Come on, Nikita. You can do this. Just leap up, and that should be enough." Irina tried to encourage her. "Please? Damian's in trouble."

Kiev suddenly made a low pitched and long ... sound with his mouth wide open. "Waaaaaaaamph." Was that encouragement or ... no Nikita wasn't quite sure. He sounded hungry to her, and that had nothing to do with this, nor did she care.

She had no idea what Irina or Kiev were talking about, but it was obvious the former wanted her to at least try to get off of this building, and so she carefully spread out her wings, hoping to get off the roof her own way. She beat down her wings hard and blasted off of the rooftop and flew in a wide semi-circle before landing near Adena.

Irina quickly got down and waved Adena over. "There's another injury here! At least a broken arm, but there might be more! I need you to check him out! A-also, he has a concussion ..." As if that wasn't obvious enough, but she had to say it.

Iso

Iso flinched when Kelas practically fell into a seated position, but she continued talking to him instead of trying to get up, so he decided to leave that matter be. She was relatively alright. He decided to sit down too, but took longer due to not collapsing and taking care not to aggravate his wound any further. So she took a hit for Arrin? Not surprising but ... "Oigh, you really do need armor." Iso quickly noted. "But, yeah ... I'm not sure if we can fight another 'Helenos', but we have to at least make it to TISME. After that, I think we've done enough for this battle, personally. So let's put all of our focus and energy into helping out the mages at TISME, and hope there's not another ambush waiting for us."

Viveka and Susann

Viveka arrived at Chase's fallen form hoping he would wake up immediately, but of course he didn't. It wasn't until after Beau healed him that he began to come to, but Viveka wasn't as happy about that as she thought she'd be. Mutterings of Morgan had the falcon knight sighing heavily in frustration. "If he mistakes me for Morgan one more time ..." she muttered as he began to come to his senses. "I'm fine; Morgan's fine. How are you feeling now, Chase?" She asked, sounding like she didn't want Chase worrying about anyone else right now.

While Viveka was talking to one of the other humans, Susann trotted off toward Bellerophon. Now that he was on the ground again, it would be easier to stay close.

The Hunted

After being worn down by over two dozen lightning bolts, Shanice slowly lost altitude and crashed into an abandoned market stand, reverting back down to its normal size face down as Miranda caught up.

"Hahah, Shanice, you're making this too easy~"

Shanice hauled itself out of the rubble only to collapse at Miranda's feet. "Shit ... all of that running and taking shots in the back ... and now I can barely stand ... much less fight back. I'm not ... I'm not going to die hereee! What do I .... Grrrrrrr-PETROOOOOOOS!"

"Calling for backup, huh? Must be humbling ... I'd better be quick about this then." With no further warning, Miranda grabbed Shanice by the neck and held out her other arm like a knife ready to stab it with. Would Miranda make everyone's lives easier by ending Shanice here and now? Would backup arrive in a timely manner for once and draw out this already outrageously long subplot? The answers to all this and maybe more shall be unveiled ... soon.

Barracks Battle

Viveka's assessment was true, the barracks was holding up quite well, but not only because there was a distinct lack of high order demons, but also because the place was surrounded by barricades on all sides with archers shooting anything above ten feet. The pegasus knights had all been called back and were assisting the soldiers and archers. When a demon made it over the barricade, the knights would ride in to trample and stab them to death. If a flier got too close to the archers, a pegasus knight would fly up and beat it back. It took a lot of coordination and timing to avoid friendly fire, but there were still a few cases, and the pegasus knights that took archer fire had to fall back from the fight while the one healer they had at the barracks healed them. The pegasi and critically injured got priority, and so everyone else was relying on vulneraries. Even handling it in this way, the healer was on the verge of collapse by the time Harold and Percy arrived.

The two heroes easily cut through the demon and were let through the barricades. Jasmine noticed them just as she pulled her javelin from the chest of an imp. "Wait a minute," she realized something was 'off' here. "Aren't Harold and Percival supposed to be at the summit in Vaorin? Are they reinforcing us?"

"Fear not! The heroes have arrived to bolster your defenses and deliver the city back to you!" Harold announced with his arms held out. Jasmine was a little dumbfounded by how much he was exposing himself just then. She had seen someone else taken down by imps and their guard was fully up, so to see Harold doing that now was both telling and insulting.

"Our commander's dead!" Jasmine called over, figuring that was pretty important. He wasn't the imp gang up victim, but he was still dead.

"Dead?" Yes, Harold. Dead.

Jasmine nodded, and Harold approached her with a humbled look on his face. "I'm so sorry for your loss. What happened?"

"Well," she glanced over to a gruesome scene nearby, which quickly lured Harold's eyes as well. There was a fallen gorgon, stabbed countless times with six lances left in her form. All around her were the bodies of dead imps and a few soldiers. There were also several statue remnants, which Harold quickly recognized. "The imps distracted the guards and then the gorgon leaped right over the barricade and shot some of them. We surrounded it, but some of our people were petrified and shattered, including the commander. We were so close to saving him, but the imps knocked him over before we could stop them ..."

"A gruesome tale ..." Harold said as he petted Jasmine's pegasus. "As much as it pains me to have to do this, I will have to assume command of the forces here for what remains of this battle. Percy here will be my second in command. Once the barracks is secured, we'll be taking a small contingent to reinforce the crimson wielders at TISME."

"The crimsons ... they're here too?" Yet another piece of surprising news for Jasmine. Who recruited them for this mission? Did the summit go so badly that the crimsons were forced to fight as expendable demon slayers? Or maybe they were deemed valuable and this city attack just forced them to make some tough decisions. Either way, if the crimson brigade was the bulk of their reinforcements, Jasmine felt the city was in serious trouble. It wasn't the best timing for this either, but ... "Did you see a blonde pegasus knight with them? She's a captain ..."

"Ah yes, tall blonde, large bust, a little snippy. Twas her recommendation that we divide our forces and try to retake the barracks and TISME at the same time. I believe I'm also to keep an eye out for a girl named Jasmine. That wouldn't be you by any chance, would it?"

Jasmine looked down at the ground and smiled. "Captain ..."

Dark Knight

"I wonder what ze ozer half of zat conversation was~" Daneka had indeed accompanied Jace, and seemed to be enjoying herself. There was a cage with two very small imps dangling helplessly from Nyx's right saddlebag that might have explained why. "Has somezing happened?"

Nyx also seemed pleased with all of the violence, or rather the end of it. The demons were fleeing from her like a bunch of cowards, her hoofs and broken horn stained in blood.

Triumphant Hooves

The defenders at the palace were relieved to see the Grand Marshall and his reinforcements, which to their surprise included septimian forces as well. The better news of course was that it was no more than five minutes later that the demons began to retreat. Most were cheering wildly at this, but Reese dismounted from his horse along with Conrad, crossed his arms and began to eye the retreating demons dubiously.

"Either the demons weren't committed to this ... or ..." Conrad began.

"... or something changed here." Reese concluded. "Conrad, I want you to take your men and head to TISME. The crimsons are surely there if they weren't waylaid. I'll be fine from here, but I need you to make sure they're still alive. I don't want to learn that the demons are falling back because the crimson weapons were taken or destroyed."

"Neither do I, sir." With that, Conrad mounted up on Thunderbolt once again and motioned for his men to follow him as he rode back into the city.

Adena gasped as a wyvren landed next to her carrying a clearly injured man. "Oh, yes! Of course." Hurrying over, she quickly inspected the man. "Yes, I see. Ok. Give me some time." Taking a few deep breaths, she concentrated. Murmuring a prayer under her breath, she touched the man with her healing staff. When the healing was done, she gasped and quickly sat down. "He should be fine now. Hopefully he should wake up soon. I'm going to need to rest for a little bit now."

Tas' bracing for the gust of wind that was sure to follow Nikita's takeoff had another helpful effect: when the roof began to buckle some, he didn't fall. He did, however, know he needed to get down quickly. So, with a call to Namid, Tas hurried with light steps to the edge of the roof. When the wyvern dipped down from over the roof to below its level, Tas jumped onto his back, though he missed the saddle its self at first. Instead, he wound up grabbing a hold of Namid's harness and climbed into said saddle. From there, it was a simple matter of directing the mountain wyvern over to where Nikita had landed and setting down nearby.

Esphyr, meanwhile, simply stretched as she waited for them to continue on to TISME. The healers were doing their jobs and people were checking up on other people who were important to them. There really wasn't a whole lot else to do in the meantime for her.

CHAAAAAAAAAAAAASE alone and one his own

"Only wound that'll last is to my pride," he admitted. He'd been sent to the ground so quickly in both battles that he was having some second thoughts on how he'd been fighting. "I'm beginning to think I'm not cut out for this." He sighed as the weight of his failings washed over him. "Since we're still alive it's kinda obvious, but I have to ask: how'd we do?"

A

"Y-yes, it will be quite a tale, though I doubt the Queen will be that amused when she hears that you put yourself in harm's way," Alex began, slightly caught off-guard by the apparent nonchalance of the Prince. "but, truly, that was amazing, Prince. I doubt I would have been able to finish Helenos off myself."

J

"Helenos died," Jace replied, as he continued to move. "We had better make our way to TISME, if only to secure the area for the wielders. From there our position is much stronger, and if there is any demonic presence left we have more angles of attack."

Tristan

"Yes well...I suppose she'll have to deal with it," he replied to Alex, shrugging. "As for killing the dragon, I bet you both could have done it. I just happened to be in the right place at the right time."

Morgan

Eventually freeing herself from Tessa's embrace, Morgan surveyed the battlefield. Those on her side seemed to be recovering, though she was wary of moving Chase and Damian so soon after they had been injured.

"Let us move after everyone is ready," she said in a loud, clear voice. "It is unlikely that Helenos was the only demon attacking TISME."

Tristan

"True enough I suppose. But there are more demons to deal with, I'm sure everyone will have a chance to take down a big one," Tristan replied in a half-serious tone to Luc.

Luc Altair

"A foul likelihood," Luc replied. Morgan bellowed out orders to move before Luc could add anything more though. The Paladin looked around, even though they had been treated, Damian and Chase had still returned to stance, and Fargo was still missing. Not that any others cared for the other Directus cavalier.

CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE

"Good enough to move already," Chase came to his own conclusion after Morgan's announcement. "Could you help me back to Ava Viv?"

Irina and Wyverns

Now that Damian was healed, there was just the matter of waiting for him to wake up, but after Morgan's announcement, she began to wonder if the druidess was willing to wait that long or if she would have to secure him to Nikita while he was out cold. "Mmmgh," she groaned, at having to do something like that again.

Viveka

"Well aside from you and Damian ..." Viveka scanned around one more time just to be sure. "Well, there were no casualties and we're almost back on our feet. Add to all this that Helenos is actually dead this time, and I'd say we did fantastic for a change."

When Morgan's announcement came, Viveka's expression darkened a bit. "Urgh, I know we're in a hurry here, but if just pick up and take off without another scouting run first, we might be walking right into another ambush. With Helenos gone, the demons are free to swoop right back in and retake this entire area. Then again ... they should have done that by now ... something's going on out there, but I can't tell from the ground," Viveka mused aloud. When Chase asked for help to get back to his mount, she sighed. "Well I'm glad you're not straining yourself, at least. Come on," she tried to offer him an arm and shoulder to help him over to Ava.

CHAAAAAAAAAAAAASE!

"Haha, we did huh? Hopefully this is the one to finally stick." Chase said cheerfully. Even if he--and Damian--and gone don, Helenos being dead was a big gain despite those setbacks. "We're always walking into another ambush, demons can sense us after all," Chase reminded Viv. She offered up her shoulder, and he took it. Even if moving wasn't painful, he was still exhausted from being the demon punching bag. "Thanks..."

Well, it sounded like they were going to leave soon. That wouldn't do. At least Morgan was waiting for a little bit. The pegasus knight was helping the archer and someone else who was still unconscious was apparently being helped. So, with a dissatisfied look, Beau began looking around to see if he could find Raemond's horse. Right, it's not around... Well, that makes things somewhat more difficult. We could leave him here, but... The young duke frowned down at the unconscious monk. Then, he glanced over to Tiria. "Do you have any ideas on how to wake him?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The courier wasn't entirely sure whether to take to the air yet or not. The colonel was still not awake. Frowning, he dismounted Namid and headed over to Irina. "So, he's not awake yet," he stated with a bit of a frown, "Do you want Namid and to me to take him? I don't know how soon we're leaving..."

Tiria sized up the fallen man. "Well, we could toss some water on him sir, but I am not sure if that is the best course of action. I could possibly carry him, but then I would be unable to protect you. However, since we are in a large group now, that is less of a concern."

Adena heard the call to move out, and moved over towards the rest of the group, hoping that her patient would wake up soon.