Anyone recognize any voices on the English version of Awakening?

King Marth 64

I heard that Virion had a deeper voice, Vaike (I think I heard his voice somewhere before, but I couldn't remember), Sumia has an angerly and deeper-like voice instead of a highly pitch when she attacked the enemy Knight, I am not sure about Frederick nor Robin/Avatar and Grendel had a more sinister voice (I think I heard his voice somewhere before, but I couldn't remember either), but we are not entirely too sure who voices who in the English version?

But would anyone might recognize any of those voices from the

until we have confirm/proof about them for a while? Edited by King Marth 64

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm waiting for Johnny Yong Bosch.

I'm freaking calling it now. He's SOMEONE in there.

If Yong Bosch is in there, I'm thinking Yuri Lowenthal will be as well lol

It was hard to get a definite opinion on the voices in that trailer but i did hear Viole/Virion's and i was most pleased. :B

This game looks amazing when in motion. Ive deliberately avoided a lot of info about this game because i wanna be all fresh when i finally play it.

hmm the male my unit in the trailer sounded like bleach kurosaki's english voice

Ehh, it totally is. And since that's the case:

If Yong Bosch is in there, I'm thinking Yuri Lowenthal will be as well lol

They are TOTALLY allowing our MU's to sound like anime characters! I bet my socks that this is it! -waves pair of socks-

....I'm neutral about this. I don't particularly like NA voice actors.

....New paragraph because I spam too much on msn. If I heard Chrom's voice correctly in the scene with Liz (where you can actually sort of hear his voice), then....I swear I've heard that voice before....but where....and uh....not sure if I should expectant or worried.... And also, his voice seems different in the dialogue, but THAT GUY TALKS TOO MUCH OVER THE CHARACTERS' VOICE CLIPS. Ahem! Of course, people's tones change depending on situation. ....Seriously, so not fair that he talks over the characters....

I'll cringe if Johnny Young Bosch is apart of the cast. These days, most Anime voice actors are horribly overrated. JYB sounds the same in everything he does, give or take his alteration in voice pitch. I'd rather they find new actors so the characters are identifiable and not labeled as Kurosaki Ichigo 7.0.

Virion sounded like Liam O'brien I guess

Huh, I'm glad I wasn't the only one that caught that. After listening to Virion say "Die with magnificence!" a few times, he does sound a little bit like Liam O'Brien. Specifically, it's a bit like O'Brien's role as Akihiko from Persona 3. But I can't tell for sure...guess I'd have to listen to more lines to figure it out. >_>

Edited by Karaszure

I'll cringe if Johnny Young Bosch is apart of the cast. These days, most Anime voice actors are horribly overrated. JYB sounds the same in everything he does, give or take his alteration in voice pitch. I'd rather they find new actors so the characters are identifiable and not labeled as Kurosaki Ichigo 7.0.

Goodness, I thought I was the only one that can't stand his voice anymore. Yay.

Honestly, I had a masochistic thought a couple days ago that I might not get this game if his voice is in it. I really want this game, been waiting so long like everyone else, therefore it is harmful to my sanity to have been waiting for nothing.

Heh. Think it's too late to put a request for a Johnny Depp pirate voice? xD *shot*

Edited by Tsamimi

Well, I didn't say I was LOOKING FORWARD TO IT. I just simply said I'm calling it. XD

Whoever it is, we'll learn to deal with it after the game is released.

I mean we dealt with Ike's "DON'T LEAAAAAVE MEEEEEE!" and Mist's insanely high pitched voice in the execution scene in FE10.

We'll live.

Hmm, call me crazy but I think I might have a hunch as to who Chrom's voice actor is.

In the Nintendo Direct Awakening video around 22:16 in the cutscene with Chrom and Liz, I tried to listen very closely.

Although, I couldn't make out much of the words they were saying, I very clearly heard Chrom say "Go!" to Liz.

He sounded kind of like Roger Craig Smith (voice of Sonic, Ezio Auditore, Chris Redfield just to name a few) to me.

I guess I probably shouldn't expect anyone associated with Ocean Productions to be listed. It would be nice if any were listed, though I'm not gonna go into specifics at least at the moment.

With that said, Sumia sounded like Janice Kawaye to me.

I'm still at least trying to hope that Lucy sounds like a certain unicorn bookworm, as well as at least trying to hope that Fauder sounds like how a certain Decepticon leader sounds in TFP.

Edited by Little Al

I didn't really get to hear them, (my brother was being loud >.>) but I hope Michelle Ruff, Laura Bailey, and Crispin Freeman are in there somewhere! :) Oh! Erin Fitzgerald would be cool too! :D

They will likely get Lani Minella to voice someone. Probably Donny.

That's almost guaranteed! XD She did Micaiah, Rolf, and Mia in Radiant Dawn, and some people in Brawl. I really like her voice! :D She does Nancy in the Nancy Drew games! :D