Fire Emblem Orchestra - Round 2

asomath

2 and a Half years ago, I posted a project entitled "Fire Emblem Orchestra." The projects goal was simple, take the old soundtrack from the gameboy era Fire Emblem games, and then repaint them with modern technology, adding a few personal touches along the way. After about 30 or so songs from Fire Emblem 7, the project eventually fell out due to outside reasons.

Now, with the start of my VGMR (Video Game Music Remastered) project, Fire Emblem is once again hitting the scene. Expect popular themes from Fire Emblem 8: The Sacred Stones to be released over the next few days/weeks, and post any requests here!

Take the redone opening theme as a teaser trailer:

Project Song List:

Cheers,

~Asomath

Edited by asomath

Great to hear this! I loved the original Orchestra, they were some of my favorite songs on my ipod playlist! I especially liked the ones with a remix-y feel, like the Black Fang one. I hope there are some songs that go in that direction with the new project, although I'm sure they'll be great anyway.

As for requests, how about "Determination" and "Truth, Despair, and Hope". Those are my two favorites and, IIRC also fan-favorites.

Aside from that, "Ray of Hope" and "Rise Above" are some of my personal favorites, but I'm not sure if they are as popular as "Determination" within the community. Since I understand that you can't do EVERY song from the game, I think we should have a vote.

Also, just a suggestion, you might want to update the feorchestra.webs.com site with a link to your youtube page or something, because I for one still go on that occasionally to listen to the music.

Despite FE8 not being in my favorites list of Fire Emblem games

In addition to Prince of Despair that someone already mentioned, I liked the recruitment theme, "Comrades" actually. Even though it's only around 30 seconds before it loops. XD

I had already begun working on the Prince's Despair and the Return of the Demon King. I've posted the Prince's Despair, which I took some liberties on, but im gonna hold out on the Demon King piece for a bit.

Determination and Comrades are now on my list! :)

~Asomath

• 2 weeks later...

I had already begun working on the Prince's Despair and the Return of the Demon King. I've posted the Prince's Despair, which I took some liberties on, but im gonna hold out on the Demon King piece for a bit.

Determination and Comrades are now on my list! :)

~Asomath

The Prince's Despair was totally epic! I loved it! I wouldn't change anything about your style, I think you kept it true to the original while adding your own touches. Nice Job! I can't wait to see what you do with Determination!

Prince's Despair was a little boring :/

IMO the songs don't really need "retouching". They were designed to be played with low quality samples and that's really the way they should stay.

My honest opinion is that there is a way to remaster these, but your Prince's Despair arrangement is dull; I feel like the original song was meant to represent an emotional yet intense fight, but the rearrangement doesn't capture that in the slightest. Opening orchestration sounds fine, though.

I feel like maybe the percussion is a little bit weak and could be stronger. I feel like percussion always gave music a feeling of intensity and power, and the percussion is generally weak. Maybe the arrangements are fine and I just don't feel the percussion...

• 1 month later...

I hope you haven't been discouraged by a few negative comments, I for one would really love to see you continue your project. And I'm sure that everyone else, even if they have a few criticisms, actually appreciates what you are doing. I just hope you haven't abandoned the idea and that your work is still in progress, because it's been over a month since you uploaded. I'm not trying to rush you and I understand this takes time, but I am just looking for a sign that you are still committed.

Edited by starfirelord

• 2 weeks later...

I rather like this idea; I have always enjoyed the tunes of the old soundtracks, but now have a difficult time appreciating them through the low sound quality, so this project seems quite worthwhile to me. May I ask if you are looking for feedback of your arrangements, or are you just sharing your work with the community?