Prepromos

They are pretty much all usable around the time they join, although many don't really have any longterm utility. Marcus is absolutely necessary on hard mode.

The ones that come to mind that are worth keeping part of your team are Klein, Igrene, Niime, maybe Echidna, and Percival on hardmode. May have missed a couple.

Marcus for the early game mostly [Pretty much required on HM]

Zealot is pretty decent for a fair bit [underrated in my honest opinion]

Echidna is amazing and you should use her

Bartre if you go his route is a good Wyvern Killer

Klein is decent and is really good on HM

Igrene is reliable <3 and Orko's things for a bit

Percival is epic [especially in HM]

Ceclila is pretty decent with Staves and Aircalibur

Douglas is meh at best, he can tank normal attacks decently but his magic resistance is very very lack luster

Niime is GREAT, all except that extremely low HP

Dayan is decent for the late game, and can kill Wyverns

Juno is very meh but she can do a triangle attack with Thany and Tate

Yodel, Good late game staver

Karel for the few chapters you have him is a reliable Swordmaster and another Durandal user

Edit: Forgot Garret: His high str and HP can provide some help in Wyvern battles and if he can get on some mountains for avoid he can do some damage without worrying about getting hit back as much

Edited by Spirit Detective Jedi

They're all worth using except for arguably Yuno and Karel: Karel comes almost at the end of the game and Yuno has stats that make her useless. All other prepromotes can be useful in the short or medium term, and a few, like Percival, are useful even in the final chapters.

Marcus - Good and helpful unit until around couple of chapters after islands

Zealot - Read Marcus

Klein - Good damage output that stays good because horsebirds (if ilia) and winglizards get common later on so anything with a silver bow does good damage

Echidna - Good speed and skill and axes :wub:

Bartre - instant steelbow + 22 str + Ilia = :wub:

Percival - Those bases are so hot. And on hard mode just :XD: . 50 god damn HP and 20 speed man.

Cecilia - Staffs on horse + bolting chip + aircalibur on winglizards/horsebirds and the S rank anima on normal lizards. Seems legit to me.

Igrene - Is good I suppose but Klein is just better.

Garret - on hard mode he has 55 HP and 21 str at base. In theory that cannot be bad...

Douglas - He never dies I suppose :/ His physical bulk is trough the fucking roof.

Niime - Best. Staffbot. Ever.

Dayan - Silver Bow user on the doorsteps of Winglizardland? Sure, why not.

Juno - I got nothing...

Yodel - He is kinda good at staffbotting but Niime is better...

Karel - He ORKOs Red Lizards I suppose :/

Douglas is shitty, but provides walling in Sacae.

Niime is great, A staves, bases and etc.

Yodel is staffbot.

Klien/Igrene/Dayan are good because BOWS in wyvern fests.

Garret is probobly mediocre.

BARTRE is underrated, he's got nice bases and is the same as a 20/1 WARD. Also has higher SPEED growth than WARD.

Echidna is sex.

Zealot/Marcus are godsends.

Yuno is ferry bot.

Merlinus is convoy.

Karel can be used when all your swordies are dead(WHy would you?)

Imo the only truly awful units are Douglas and maybe Yuno. Douglas is absolutely useless in Ilia, but can get some situational use in certain Sacae maps, while Yuno I guess can fly around/carry Roy, but I personally don't see that as nearly enough to justify pathetic stats.

edit: I, personally, don't find much appeal in Cecelia either. Horse healer is nice, but that can easily be replaced with Clarine/physics. I guess instant aircalibur on wyverns and an extra restore for chapter fucking 16x is decent, but never doubling/awful durability undercuts that for me. I'd probably like her much more if she started with B staves.

As for good prepromotes, Marcus/Zealot are really useful til 14, Percival is ridiculously good, and I personally really like Bartre for some reason.

Edited by Davinatorman