Can any of Marth's descendants wield Falchion?

Mark is show to use it in his sibling support with Lucina, but in terms of gameplay, no.

Isn't Lucina's sibling support generic? I think any of Lucina's brothers/sisters can wield it, story-wise, but not in gameplay. Story-wise, I think they talk about how only people with a special mark can actualy wield it, and the mark doesn't appear in all of Marth's descendants.

Edited by NeonZ

Oh... I see. That's too bad... It would be cool if Mark could wield Falchion... It's a cool sword. And strong... And it has infinite uses... And you can use it to heal...

Come to think of it, I guess it should be that way. It would be so cheap if all those different units could use Falchion. It's too good, I guess.

Story-wise, the Falchion is only usable by those with a certain quality (where does the "mark" thing come from? And it's certainly not related to the mark of the holy king, which Lucina's sibling and Wood have).

Falchion is as strong as some of the weaker holy weapons. It's nowhere as useful as modified weapons, but its infinite use means it's perfect for grinding. Give it to Mug Marth and you get infinite gold (not that you'll run out of gold normally).

Story-wise, the Falchion is only usable by those with a certain quality (where does the "mark" thing come from? And it's certainly not related to the mark of the holy king, which Lucina's sibling and Wood have).

So, the "special quality" is unrelated to the mark? Based on what had been posted before I thought they were the same. Lucina's sibling is shown to be able to wield the Falchion in their A support too though, so, if that's your basis for the mark being unrelated to that, I don't think you're right. Yeah, they can't in gameplay, but the support acknowleges that they can in the story.

Edited by NeonZ

Wait, wait, wait... Wood has Naga's mark too? He can wield Falchion?

And yes, of course forged weapons are stronger... But they have limited uses. (How many Hammernes can you get?)

Gold... Is that necessary?

Wood has the Mark of Naga, yes. So it's likely that he has Naga Major and should technically be able to wield Falchion.

Falchion actually seems to be somewhat sentient however, and doesn't tend to flip between users easily if they're still alive. Note that Chrom can use his Falchion and Lucina can use hers, but neither of them can use each others. This is despite them being literally the same weapon.

The only exception seems to be Marth, whom every Falchion will happily be wielded by. I guess it's just really loyal to him? Makes sense, I suppose.

Edited by Onestep

So... Since Falchion is sentient and doesn't flip easily if they're still alive... Wood can only use Falchion if Lucina dies? (Can Lucina even die? Or is it a Game Over if she does...?)

Yeah... It makes sense that Marth can wield all Falchions. (That sounds funny... There should only be one. :P) After all, he is the Hero King of Legends. (Is Anri mentioned in this game?)

Wood has the Mark of Naga, yes. So it's likely that he has Naga Major and should technically be able to wield Falchion.

If having Naga major lets one wield the Falchion, wouldn't Diadora and Yuria be able (story-wise) to use it? Since OW-Marth being able to use falchion would hint that other worlders still have their holy blood.

If having Naga major lets one wield the Falchion, wouldn't Diadora and Yuria be able (story-wise) to use it? Since OW-Marth being able to use falchion would hint that other worlders still have their holy blood.

Maybe? Like I said, Falchion seems sentient, and doesn't seem to like being used by more than one person at a time (barring Marth). They may well have been able to use it, but Falchion wasn't around when they were alive and the only Falchion's in existence currently have master's.

So... Since Falchion is sentient and doesn't flip easily if they're still alive... Wood can only use Falchion if Lucina dies? (Can Lucina even die? Or is it a Game Over if she does...?)

Yeah... It makes sense that Marth can wield all Falchions. (That sounds funny... There should only be one. :P) After all, he is the Hero King of Legends. (Is Anri mentioned in this game?)

Lucina can be defeated, but with her appearing so much in the story, I assume she just retreats. Same with other key characters like Frederick and Liz.

Wait a minute. So we all know that Chrom, Lucina, DLC Marth, SpotPass Prince Marth (Shadow Dragon team), and SpotPass King Marth (Heroes of Light and Shadow team) can all use the Falchion in the game, and it's implied that Eudes, Cynthia (if Chrom married Sumia), Brady (if Chrom married Mariabell), Degel (if Chrom married Sully), Azure (if Chrom married Olivia), and Mark (if Chrom married MU) can use it. That much is a given.

What about Arum? He was able to use a version of the Falchion in Fire Emblem Gaiden (the one that was blessed with Mila's divine power), so by that logic, wouldn't DLC Arum and SpotPass Arum be able to use either version of the Falchion, too?

Edited by Karaszure

Wait a minute. So we all know that Chrom, Lucina, DLC Marth, SpotPass Prince Marth (Shadow Dragon team), and SpotPass King Marth (Heroes of Light and Shadow team) can all use the Falchion in the game, and it's implied that Eudes, Cynthia (if Chrom married Sumia), Brady (if Chrom married Mariabell), Degel (if Chrom married Sully), Azure (if Chrom married Olivia), and Mark (if Chrom married MU) can use it. That much is a given.

What about Arum? He was able to use a version of the Falchion in Fire Emblem Gaiden (the one that was blessed with Mila's divine power), so by that logic, wouldn't DLC Arum and SpotPass Arum be able to use either version of the Falchion, too?

He can probably only used it if it's blesse by Mila, and iirc the Falchion was blessed with another persons power. (not telling the name due to spoilers)

I've never played Gaiden though, so maybe that game mentioned something that proves my statement wrong.

Ditto what Othin said. And if I'm not mistaken, Alm's Falchion wasn't part of a sword and shield set and it wasn't made from a fang that once belonged to the strongest Divine Dragon. Edited by Little Al

Game tie-in, I imagine. Maybe so Valencia could have a cool weapon, too. :p

So, from this thread, you need major Naga to even have a chance to wield it, and then the sword also has to like you. Right?

Also, IIRC, 'Falchion' is the name of an actual type of sword... So it may simply share a name-in universe-by accident.

It could've been orignally intended that 'Falchion' was simply going to be a recurring name in the series, or something, youknow?

Edited by L95

What's with all these Falchions? I thought there was only one: the one made from Naga's tooth...

Naga's Missing a lot of teeth.

There are others that share the name, but they are unrelated through orgin.

I'm guessing they use the name over and over again as somewhat of a symbol, such as the fire emblem, to make the games feel more like a series instead of seperate games with the same name.

So, the "special quality" is unrelated to the mark? Based on what had been posted before I thought they were the same. Lucina's sibling is shown to be able to wield the Falchion in their A support too though, so, if that's your basis for the mark being unrelated to that, I don't think you're right. Yeah, they can't in gameplay, but the support acknowleges that they can in the story.

I didn't mean to say "unrelated", I just meant there's no one-to-one relationship between the holy king's mark and the ability to wield Falchion.

EDIT - Or, alternatively, everyone with the mark (or the linage) can use Falchion, and it's just that they have never tried and simply assume that they don't have the quality for it.

Edited by nocturnal YL