Naruto isn't a joke

Helios

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2226324/Russian-teen-leaps-apartment-block-seeing-favourite-Japanese-cartoon-character-die-television.html

14 year old Russian kid killed himself after seeing his favorite Naruto character die. Killing yourself from bullying and stuff like that is one thing, but this? Outrageous.

Oh come now. I doubt you can blame this on Naruto.

A person usually doesn't commit suicide for such a weak reason. This kid probably suffered from depression or had other bad things in his life contributing a state of misery that made this one thing the last straw.

Also the sadder thing is, Itachi comes back later. Then has a better sendoff.

Oh come now. I doubt you can blame this on Naruto.

A person usually doesn't commit suicide for such a weak reason. This kid probably suffered from depression or had other bad things in his life contributing a state of misery that made this one thing the last straw.

Also the sadder thing is, Itachi comes back later. Then has a better sendoff.

That's what I'm thinking. I still think Naruto should be banned just because though.

I subscribe to the opinion that basically any suicide demands some sympathy for the dying person, and if this tidbit happens to be true, I do indeed feel sorry for him, and suspect that such a person would probably have had other things going badly/sub-optimally in their life to be set off in such a way, but man

Itachi is one of those characters that's p much marked for death from the start, part of liking a character like that involves admiring (or mourning) how they go, sacrifice is just too big a tool in the creator's arsenal for somebody to avoid it and and arrrrgh

The sandbox thing, which sounds more believable, is legit sad though. It sucks that kids being creative in play can lead to such a scarring loss.