How old are the characters?

HeartTranquil

How hold are the majority of the characters? It seems weird they can marry at such a young age no? Let's be more specific and look at Sariya!

She appears to be no more older than 20, yet she can marry...

Liz, Liz appears to be like 16? 17? Yet she can marry?

Sairi seems more plausible she seems 25ish so marrying is okai.

Sumia and Mariabel are probably same as Sariya = young adults 18-23? So marrying seems okai but still isn't marriage before 25 too young?

And the children of the marriage... they grew up so much... I dunno about the real world but it seems weird to think that every single marriage pairing will produce some child or children of immediately after they marry. Because not all couples want children immediately after marriage do they? blink.gifhuh.gif How do you guys explain the fact that even before you marry children start popping up?

Its just really illogical and weird to think that a freshly married couple MUST PRODUCE CHILDREN IMMEDIATELY AFTER THEY MARRY... why cannot they wait 2 years, 3 years, 4 years, 5 years after they marry before they decide to conceive children? Is this not logical?

Edited by HeartTranquil

In the past, people got married as young as thirteen, so I suppose around twenty wouldn't be counted as young for marriage in a society like that. Fire Emblem has always seemed at least partially based on the past of our world, so it would make sense for that to apply here. Also, a lot of people get married at eighteen even now.

As for the part where they have children within a year, although I'm not certain about the timeline at all, I believe I read somewhere that the time travel stuff could have made some things happen sooner, such as marriage and conception of children. I don't know, get somebody else to answer this part for you!

In the past, people got married as young as thirteen, so I suppose around twenty wouldn't be counted as young for marriage in a society like that. Fire Emblem has always seemed at least partially based on the past of our world, so it would make sense for that to apply here. Also, a lot of people get married at eighteen even now.

As for the part where they have children within a year, although I'm not certain about the timeline at all, I believe I read somewhere that the time travel stuff could have made some things happen sooner, such as marriage and conception of children. I don't know, get somebody else to answer this part for you!

I'm pretty sure they don't have kids for like 4-5 years after the events of the story. (Except for Krom. And he has his kid like one year after chapter 12 or something?)

I'm pretty sure they don't have kids for like 4-5 years after the events of the story. (Except for Krom. And he has his kid like one year after chapter 12 or something?)

Like I said, I don't have a clue when it comes to the children of the present timeline. I was just basing my answer on the opening post. (I may have misread something, though.)

In an actual marriage, a lot of people actually do decide to have children quickly, and of course, there's always the chance of an accidental pregnancy. Plus, I'm not sure there's any proof all of the parents have the same children in the present timeline as they had in the future timeline. (Someone correct me on that if I'm wrong.) Some of them may never even have kids in the new timeline thanks to the time alterations.

Yea I guess...

So a few points I gathered from the above posts...

1. I'm pretty sure they don't have kids for like 4-5 years after the events of the story. (Except for Krom. And he has his kid like one year after chapter 12 or something?) If this is true, this makes a whole lot more sense. Its silly to imagine that right after the war ends, EVERY SINGLE COUPLE DECIDES TO HAVE CHILDREN AT THE SAME TIME... which is absurd.

2. In an actual marriage, a lot of people actually do decide to have children quickly, and of course, there's always the chance of an accidental pregnancy. LOL --> Since they seems to techologically advanced/magic, I guess conception medicine/methods can be used right? Accidental pregnancy sounds a bit unrealistic.

3. Some of them may never even have kids in the new timeline thanks to the time alterations. This is interesting... grandfather paradox in play here... cause and effect here...

Its silly to imagine that right after the war ends, EVERY SINGLE COUPLE DECIDES TO HAVE CHILDREN AT THE SAME TIME... which is absurd.

Imagining all of the couples sitting in a room together, planning this.

That would be a hilarious conversation.

Imagining all of the couples sitting in a room together, planning this.

That would be a hilarious conversation.

And no such thing as accident pregnancies! FE13 has a bit of a weird setting... it seems to appear as if it happened in our past... but some of their technology and magic seems to surpass us. Maybe think of them on an alternate version of Earth?

And no such thing as accident pregnancies! FE13 has a bit of a weird setting... it seems to appear as if it happened in our past... but some of their technology and magic seems to surpass us. Maybe think of them on an alternate version of Earth?

I would say that very little of their technology surpasses us, unless you think an umbrella is the height of modern societies technological achievements. They may have come up with a condom, but it's never mentioned. Then again, it's sort of a hard subject to bring up.

Magic seems somewhat limited in the game. For instance, Miriel uses a Lightning spell to create magnetism, and Richt is very surprised by this. Something like preventing a pregnancy probably isn't possible with conventional magic. It might be possible with a curse though, as they seem to be quite versatile (though they cannot create true life, which seems to be impossible with magic).

So... yeah. It's quite possible that in the original timeline, the first-gen characters didn't pair up nearly as fast as they did in the main game. Even if some of them did, the rings seems to be engagement rings and there was presumably and actual marriage at a later date. They might not have consumated their love until then. And even then, pregnancies aren't assured to occur, even if you are having unprotected sex.

So don't get too worried about it.

Well, if we look at the time period this seems to be set in, a lot of marriages were to secure power between families, and many marriages were not seen as legitimate or lasting until the couple produced a child. Obviously, this is a romanticized game, where the character are marrying because they love each other, but it could explain why Krom has a kid so quickly.

Yeah, Lucina is probably born early because Emelina just died, and Krom is in a bit of hurry to have heirs. And besides that, the kids aren't necessarily as old as they look what with that time-displacement thing Loran mentioned.

Yeah, Lucina is probably born early because Emelina just died, and Krom is in a bit of hurry to have heirs. And besides that, the kids aren't necessarily as old as they look what with that time-displacement thing Loran mentioned.

Hm. Isn't he around Lucina's age if he ended up in the past but a few years earlier? wait what

Any who. All of the playable characters are old enough. oh yeah

Hm. Isn't he around Lucina's age if he ended up in the past but a few years earlier? wait what

Any who. All of the playable characters are old enough. oh yeah

Loran gained five years from the time displacement, apparently switching him from being one of the younger children to the oldest. He's explicitly stated to be older than Lucina now.

I would say that very little of their technology surpasses us, unless you think an umbrella is the height of modern societies technological achievements. They may have come up with a condom, but it's never mentioned. Then again, it's sort of a hard subject to bring up.

Magic seems somewhat limited in the game. For instance, Miriel uses a Lightning spell to create magnetism, and Richt is very surprised by this. Something like preventing a pregnancy probably isn't possible with conventional magic. It might be possible with a curse though, as they seem to be quite versatile (though they cannot create true life, which seems to be impossible with magic).

So... yeah. It's quite possible that in the original timeline, the first-gen characters didn't pair up nearly as fast as they did in the main game. Even if some of them did, the rings seems to be engagement rings and there was presumably and actual marriage at a later date. They might not have consumated their love until then. And even then, pregnancies aren't assured to occur, even if you are having unprotected sex.

So don't get too worried about it.

You see, when a mommy and daddy love each other very very much...

At any rate, since fire emblem is pretty much set in the midevil ages, early marrage isn't a really uncommon thing. I mean, there was a lot of couples where one if not both of them were in there early to late teens. O.o

Errh all of those ages in that first post are at the legal or above the legal age for marriage.

Isn't Fire Emblem meant to be set in a time when historically people married age 12+?

Also historically women were used to bear children, rather then it being a mutual decision based off what's going on in their personal life. So even if they had decided to have kids straight away, it wouldn't of surprised me.