Mystery Mafia - Game Over

Grace

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fuckit, instead of shutting up i'll let you guys chew on this since we already know not to trust investigations too much after d1. can't think of how scum could direction actions beyond tailor / redirects so there you go

i'm reading mancer as TOWN OVERTHINKING IT as usual, like he hasn't rolled scum yet. he just gives off that feeling.

mancer wagon...

- psych: don't find his vote scummy, at least seems to believe himself based on request for paper's elaboration, something nobody else cared about. neutral leaning town unless somebody makes me reconsider by busting out a rly good case on him. though #180 and #184 are just Legitimate Town man

- bananas: thoughts on him haven't changed. most snipey of the bunch, also "OMGUS" discreditation on mancer is eeegh

- rapier: neutral read, can't blame him too much for mancer read but i want to know why he thinks mancer's reaction to bluedoom had scum intent

- elie: actually the second most honest of the wagon, i don't see elie as the type to make blatant wagon hops as scum & mancer's overdefensiveness could be read as scummy. he doesn't look ~good~ but i don't think he's maf?

bbm's "prims trying to get people to vote with him is scummy!" is hilarious and probably scum grasping since bbm would have to have never pushed a case as town in his life to think that. i iso'd bbm and so many of his reads are either based off weak stuff or are "i think you're weird but don't really know why". he also never answered me when i pressed him on his "I don't know, something about your posts have just been really off-putting." line about blitz which looks bad now that blitz flipped town. i think he is likely scum.

Shinori - this dude is scum with a terrible fakeclaim. "I can prove who I tracked" but then your track is on the person who claimed, and who would also been seen by both informant and tracker. Vig goes here. Also, we already have a 1-shot rolecop claim, a flipped non-consecutive watcher and a cop claim. hmmmMMM

kay and j00 don't exist! paperbald exists but is forgettable anyway! that's everybody really, except the two who claimed guilty. doc on scorri tonight, marth shouldn't be vigged until shinori flips.

colored votals own thank you manix

Mine says their names.

There's something I wish to bring out.

Shinori claims that Scorri had visited Blitz, right? If a redirection had occurred, Scorri's target would not be Blitz at all. If Shinori was really a Tracker who had been on Scorri, the target that Scorri visited should not be Blitz, so I propose that Shinori is scum right now.

So, if Scorri had been redirected, you would be given the name of Scorri's actual target and not Blitz, right?

This either means that Shinori is scum and lied about his role and of Tracking Scorri, or it means that Blitz was tailored, so that Scorri's target was still Blitz.

eh... umm...

Do I really overthink a lot?

something like that. like, your n0 was a lot of idle speculation. i think you need to roll scum to have a better understanding of scumhunting and the game in general, unless you're scum here and i'm misreading you in which case r i p

Why would scorri's name be in the result if redirects aren't confirmed. That confirms he wasn't redirected

What about something like Shinori targeted Scorri.

Then the response comes "Your target visited Blitz".

In such a case, Shinori's target might not even have been Blitz at all. It could be that someone else had visited Blitz..

But all these is really leading into speculation so I will just stop my train of thoughts here.

okay. I've made a host error. In my sleep deprived state I messed up a result.

That said mechanic 12 still applies so yeah

congrats to me on my first host error wooooooooooo

Edited by Manix

@Prims- It's not an election that you have to campaign for votes that hard. I admitted later after you gave reasons for why SB was worse than Elie that it was okay, but when you first posted asking Paper and Mancer to switch to SB, you were just saying that SB and Elie were equally bad, but then asking them to switch to your read instead of switching to their's, without giving a reason as to why your read was better than their's.

Also, your point that a lot of my reads are based off of weak stuff is an exaggeration. Whether or not the reasons for my reads have been strong or not, I'll admit that I haven't had a lot of them. I concentrated mainly on Blitz, and you a little bit. I chipped in a bit on whom I thought scummier between Elie and SB, and that's really about it. So saying that all of my reads have been for really weak reasons when I've only had one strong read this game is a bit of a misrepresentation.

And about the "something about his posts seem off-putting to me", that was said in N0 when I had mainly a gut read on Blitz from some posts he had made that I thought were scummy. And yeah, I look worse after Blitz's flip, but it's pretty hypocritical of you to say that since you pushed the turbolynch on him more than I did, and kept saying how he was scum.

On another note, Scorri/Marth/Shinori, were either of you told by Manix that he made some error with your results?

Also I'm going to sleep nowso good night.

I picked Scorri because I didn't know who else to target on N0 and it was pretty much a blind

Also manix told me that it was an inconsistency with results and that he won't tell me if im tracking the right person.

I kinda got confused as to what he said. My brain at 3 am.

How the hell did this get 10 pages in like 10 hours

I'm sorry I've been here, but I obviously live in another time zone than most of you guys, since I sleep at night and stuff.

I'll be as active as I can during the day, but I'll be off sync with you most of the game.

Now gimme some 20 minutes to read all this and post

so you're all former british colonies or what

The whole thing with Blitz was pretty stupid, he did look scummy all the way and even though he flipped town he never gave a good reason for his reads on scorri. Not voting her yet.

Not convinced by the Mancer wagon either. He expressed himself badly, but it seems like he's overthinking it, and everyone on the wagon has only been feeding him stupid questions and they're only going in circles if not a downwards spiral.

Rapier looks most scummy.

Many stayed away on N0 while he came towards the end and asked a bunch of questions a la "what do you think about X/ why do you think that/ we could have a cop". And once the Mancer wagon started he jumped on it with the following reasoning:

##Vote: MancerNecro

I don't like it when people speculate about roles on Night 0. You'll be just giving the Mafia insights about the setting.

Plus, his defensive style about Marth 'buddying' with him bothers me. Calling him scummy immediately because he thinks Mancer looks townie is bad.

Weak reasoning when you're rolespecing too.

SB just fed stupid questions to Mancer and left. FoS

And about Prims and Shinori

what is this

Yeah I realllly would like to hammer Blitz and get the day over with, we have global nighttalk. But the hammerer should be somebody who hasn't given input yet, preferably j00 since Shinori has a claim against him.

Shinori claimed a target on scorri, care to explain where you get this from?

I am gonna re-read and put some effort into this game but I think scorri is town in spite of this tbh. Reads will have to wait until the start of D2, this isn't a game where I'm particularly worried about getting killed (given the way I pushed Blitz and all).

Even though we're on nighttalk, Kay, j00 and Rapier barely had any chance to do anything so I want to know who they think is scum now that we've done all their work for them D1! Kay especially, I know you're on irc. If Rapier subs then I will destroy him.

Yeah I had been trying to read the thread and then I was annoyed that you guys ended the day early and so I got demotivated so I'm just doing it now.

BBM is scummy and Prims is terrible. Scorri's posts are seeming really out of character for her and it's kind of bugging me, even though I don't think it makes sense for scum to fake a result.

Like, why the heck were you pushing wagons so hard, Prims? And yeah there's nighttalk but nighttalk isn't as useful. There was no good reason to hurry that lynch unless you're scum and didn't want people pointing out how bad it was.

Ok so I've come back and been re-reading a bit so hmm.

Manix responded to me saying that Informant is the role name. The actual role is Rolecop.

Also the person who I targeted doesn't show so I have no idea whether I was redirected or not. I suggest a Shinori vigshot at elst, now that he wasn't lynched.

Still re-reading gimme sometime.