To be quite honest.. I was kind of disappointed in this game...

FE12's map design is awesome. It's so weirdly different to the recent games, and yet it's filled with intention. When I play this game I really get the feeling that the designers knew exactly what kind of strategies the player would attempts and they adjusted things accordingly.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FE12's map design is awesome. It's so weirdly different to the recent games, and yet it's filled with intention. When I play this game I really get the feeling that the designers knew exactly what kind of strategies the player would attempts and they adjusted things accordingly.

Exactly.

Aside from the occasional cheap shot reset caused by the growing number of Maniac enemies carrying killing edges/etc or dragons being spawned as reinforcements right next to squishy mages, I'm overall really satisfied with this game.

I was highly disappointed with Shadow Dragon - with the lack of base convos, simplistic start-and-end-chapter events, and overall minimal approach to story and character, it felt just... empty. I've heard comparisons of playing the earlier FE games to be "more like chess" and it was certainly applicable, but the personal aspect is what kept me an FE fan. Even Radiant Dawn's new characters had random bits of chatter between them.

But so far, this being my first playthrough and on Maniac, I'm quite impressed. Enemies are being simultaneously terrifying and yet manageable; and I'm really having to think about things. Having the extra conversations, especially the part where MU supporting with everyone means you will see at least some for everyone, is making the cast a lot more recognisable. It's been expressed before, but while Shadow Dragon definitely felt more like a port with minimal changes (outside of adding reclassing), New Mystery Of The Heroes Of The Emblem And Many Subtitles actually feels more like a reimagining or a completely new game - a modern FE instead of a retro one. And I'm completely fine with that.

...On the map design note - I do agree it's been generally great. My only real complaint so far is indeed Chapter 3, which took an unnecessarily long amount of turns unless you wanted to kill off one of the recruits...

wait your not killing off the taint of all mounted units?

i doubt his base convos will make me like him any more either

Another minor annoyence in this game is the fact that you can't pick your weapons in the fight command, but need to go all the way to items to equip the one that you are going to use. Especially annoying with healers.

Another minor annoyence in this game is the fact that you can't pick your weapons in the fight command, but need to go all the way to items to equip the one that you are going to use. Especially annoying with healers.

dafuq.jpgdafuq2.jpg

What?

Edited by TheEnd

You can also change this to the regular way in the config menu.