FE:SD H2, Trying my best

Nic

Hello SF! I know there are a lot of threads about PMU/Reclass, and I didn't want to make another one (be cause repetitive topics are boring). But I really need some help, be cause this is my first time playing FE11, and I wanted to make a challenge to myself. I will play this game TWICE, in Hard Mode 2, I will try my best to LTC it, and I will use the SAME TEAM, I never LTC before and I always played casual. Its simple, the first run will be the goal I will try to break with the second run.} I was planning in using a team of 14 characters. This is my planned team:

Name Marth Jeigan/Hardin Cain Ogma Barst Cord Merric Jake/Beck Wolf Wendell Lena Caeda Palla --Free Spot--  

I didn't look up in a Tier List to make this team, so It can change with your comments. I have a serious question about reclassing, does it benefit a lot to the team to reclass them to any other class? If the answer is yes, then I have another chart where I decided to reclass the units:

Name | Pre-Promoted | Promoted |

Jeigan | --- | Dracoknight

Cain | Cavalier | Dracoknight

Ogma | Mercenary | Hero

Barst | Pirate | Hero

Cord | Hunter | Horseman

Merric | Mage | Bishop

Jake | Ballistician

Wendell | --- | Swordmaster/HealBot

Wolf | --- | Hero

Lena | Cleric | Sage

Shiida | Peg Knt | Dracoknight

Palla | ??? | ???

I really need your Critiques about this reclasses.

Edited by G.Nic

Rickard is a PITA to use on H2. Julian should be plenty for your thieving needs. If you think you'll have trouble with anything on this mode, I suggest throwing in one of Jake/Beck - long-range sniping is really helpful, and Arrowspate shreds flying units. If you're going LTC, I strongly suggest kicking Linde off your team - she costs turns. I'd replace her with Caeda, because her Spear is amazing and forgeable, meaning she can blick bosses while flying. As for classes. . .the most you'll need to do, IMO, is maybe reclass Palla into Archer if her Speed falls behind. . .or Swordmaster if you really don't mind the sword lock.

@Eclipse: Ok, then I will ditch Rickard and Linde. I will add Jake to the team, I saw a lot of MK404's SD Videos, and I'm suprised about the great damage that a effective weapon can deal. Caeda is already in the team (named Shiida, then I realized about the NA names), the wing spear and her stats worth a good place. About Palla, I thought to reclass her to Myrmidon and then to Paladin.

@Horace: I have no explanation about why I decided to not use Jeigan, maybe i'm so used to not use promoted units right away (I don't hate promoted units, just in case).

Thanks a lot for replying.

Jeigan should be used before the full team comes together. He drops off faster than others of his archetype, but you don't get a good dragonknight for a while.

Hardin is another solid choice, especially if you haven't used up the Silver Lance yet.

I had a very easy time in H2 for the most part.

But if I might note: The difficulty skyrocket at the end, when all those 26 Spd enemies showed up.

Granted, my team was far from optimal because the whole game had been so easy until then but it might still be wise to prepare for that.

Edited by BrightBow

@Baldrick: About Hardin, does he make a good unit for endgame? or should I drop him in midgame?, Thanks about the dracoknight Jeigan idea.

@BrightBow: Thanks, and I really want to prepare myself and take one FE seriously.

Whether or not you use Hardin should be directly tied with how well he's gaining levels. His Strength growth isn't that impressive, but he'll do quite a bit of damage with a Silver Lance/Ridersbane for a very long time.

@Eclipse: Okay, then I should be aware of the gaining stats of every character I use, so i don't get screwed, thank you Eclipse.

I edited the OP, with a chart about reclass, I think that will be the last of my doubts and then it's only to start the challenge =).

Be open to reclass people as needed. For example, Wendell can stand in for Dracoknight on certain chapters, then go staffbot, then maybe Swordmaster, then. . .etc.

With regards to your reclass chart at the top:

- Cain can go Dracoknight or Paladin on promotion. If you really need to he can go Swordmaster, but more move is better.

- Ogma should probably stay as a merc, he can go horseman upon promotion if you really want bows, but Hero is generally better in my opinion.

- Cord is good as a horseman, but it makes little sense to start him as a fighter, since he'll have no weapon ranks when you reclass him.

- Wolf is generally superior again as a hero due to better base stats.

@Horace: I modified the chart, your choices are pretty good, but it isn't bad to have 3 heroes in the team?.

I'm still thinking about what to do with Palla, maybe a Myrmidon and then changing to something like Paladin?, be cause she really need speed growth =/.