Nintendo Direct event tomorrow morning (Dec. 5)

Klytus

Omigosh, omigosh, omigosh!!!

The blue 3DS?! Are you guys serious? I really hope it comes out. I really, really do.

I think in the grand scheme of things, introducing a Fire Emblem bundle would really help out NoA. That 3DS is sexy as hell. Blue's a popular colour here. It'll introduce FE to new audiences and sell more units. I don't doubt it would sell out. The design's really lovely, almost as good as the Zelda one. Only problem may be that people will want an XL instead of the regular 3DS. Still, if they release it here, I know I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No idea what time zone PST is so I'll just check in tomorrow to see if there's any info on Awakening

PST is Pacific Standard Time or California, Oregon, Washington, and Nevada Timezone.

I get to see it even "earlier" since I live in Hawaii.

Edited by Naui

I think in the grand scheme of things, introducing a Fire Emblem bundle would really help out NoA. That 3DS is sexy as hell. Blue's a popular colour here. It'll introduce FE to new audiences and sell more units. I don't doubt it would sell out. The design's really lovely, almost as good as the Zelda one. Only problem may be that people will want an XL instead of the regular 3DS. Still, if they release it here, I know I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Same here. That is, if my parents let me... If they didn't, I'd cry... T_T

I can just see them standing there saying, "No, you already have a 3DS. Why do you need another one?" *sigh*

Anyway, I'll get it. Of that, I'm sure. I will get it. Sometime... somehow... I will.

Plus, maybe I can convince them that since it's my money, I can buy it! XD

Well, all I can do is hope...

And yes, I think that it would give the Fire Emblem franchise a big boost.

That's something it needs... desperately. Well, if it wants to succeed in America, that is...

It's beautiful.... beautiful... beautiful... *sigh*

Edited by fireemblemfan4ever

I don't know about that. It's blue color with a white pattern, always seemed ridiculously random to me. The titular Emblem is gold, for instance.

It doesn't scream Fire Emblem to me. At all.

Omigosh, omigosh, omigosh!!!

The blue 3DS?! Are you guys serious? I really hope it comes out. I really, really do.

In fact, if it didn't come out in America, I was thinking about saving money for the Japanese one... as overpriced as it is.

But, I guess I won't have to! Actually, I still may buy the Japanese one... I need a Japanese one.

My DS lite is breaking down... and I need a Japanese 3DS to play FE12... and I already have a purple American 3DS.

Oh! I can buy both! *rubs his hands together, thinking of how he could save up that much money*

*sigh* I guess that's just one more thing to add to the already long list of things I want... XD

I wouldn't get your hopes up. It'd be nice - really nice - but putting too much stock in rumors seldom ends well, especially rumors so exciting as that one - to say nothing of how it would contradict NOA's more recent policy of not caring.

Gamestop has the US release set for 3/31/2013. I'd be overly surprised if we get it before that. (Although a valentine's day release to commemorate the return of the pairing/children system would be kinda funny).

Placeholder dates are placeholder dates, and if anything a date like that means they expect to sell it by the end of Q1.

I don't know about that. It's blue color with a white pattern, always seemed ridiculously random to me. The titular Emblem is gold, for instance.

It doesn't scream Fire Emblem to me. At all.

It's blue.

Blue is the color of hair.

I wouldn't get your hopes up. It'd be nice - really nice - but putting too much stock in rumors seldom ends well, especially rumors so exciting as that one - to say nothing of how it would contradict NOA's more recent policy of not caring.

It's blue.

Blue is the color of hair.

Yeah, I guess you're right, Iridium... But like you said, it would be really nice if it got here... Ah, if it doesn't, then I'll just have to get a Japanese one... The thing is... Getting the FE bundle is really expensive. (And I want the Pikachu 3DS XL... which means more money.) You know, I don't like Nintendo when it comes to that. XD I know it's get more money and all, but... wouldn't it be more... considerate if they released all those designs around the same time? Or at least give us a heads up on it? But, since it's all for the money, I guess they wouldn't do that...

And hair being blue? XD Yeah, in the world of Fire Emblem, blue is such a common hair color.

Weird... Blue hair... Maybe I should dye my hair blue some day! XD Haha... jk...

The only 2 games I only care about getting info on right now are Awakening and Castievania Lords of Shadows: Mirror of Fate. Awakening cause new Fire Emblem game and Castievania cause I preordered it back in the summer expecting to get it in the fall then it got moved to early Q1 according to Nintendo Power, that and its gonna be the first Castievania I will have ever played. XD Preordered it cause it looks interesting and fun not because it was a Castievania game cause I never played a Castievania game before.

Though I am mildly interested in Bravely Default and Project X Zone getting localized. Anything else that's new in the world of video games is meh to me until I can get The Last Story...... Which I hope will be after Christmas as I am hoping to get Gamestop gift cards for Christmas. <_<

February 4th, so now we know! Huzzah!

In addition, Ronku, Liz, and Flavia's English names were shown.

1. Liz is now Lissa

2. Ronku is now Lon'qu (I think that's what I saw)

3. Flavia remains unchanged

There you have it.

EDIT: Also, I'm pretty sure I heard Laura Bailey's voice for Lissa.

Edited by Karaszure

Yay, I should be able to buy Awakening with Christmas money I might get! If not, then with my paycheck, because I'll hopefully be getting a job soon. ^^

No special edition 3DS though? :(

Also, it's interesting how several character names used in FE Awakening, whether Japanese or English, are the same or very similar to some I've used in my FE fic... xP Like Olivia, Azure (close to Azura), Lissa (close to Lisa), and a few others I can't remember off the top of my head. I find it to be a neat coincidence. lol

Edited by Anacybele

Dammit! That's the day after I get home from covering Macworld | iWorld Expo. Would've been great to have it a week earlier so I could play it on the flights to and from San Francisco.

But I likely wouldn't have gotten any work done at the show, so it's probably for the best. Really thrilled to have this finalized. Now I just need to get through the New Mystery English patch.

The release date is much earlier than what I expected which is really great!! I'm still disappointed that today's Nintendo Direct didn't cover much on the upcoming 3DS titles though.

Ah, yeah, it would've been great to be able to play it on the way to Disney World too (I'm going with my stepbrothers for my step niece's birthday in January), but at least we're going to get it at all, right? ^^

I just really wanted that beautiful 3DS too. I don't care how much it would cost, I'd pay good money for it. <3

Oh also, I just remembered another name from Awakening that's a lot like one I've used in my fic. Sully, close to Sally. :P

Edited by Anacybele

WTF is a Lon'qu? WTF NOA...Did they announce the special 3DS? Is it coming out here?

Yeah, that name is a little out there, but it's not horrible. "Stabulous" by Virion made me chuckle. Oh, and no word on the 3DS. They spent a little too much time on that advanced Google map whatever it was. dry.gif

Edited by The Pale Shadow

WTF is a Lon'qu? WTF NOA...

Did they announce the special 3DS? Is it coming out here?

They did not. However, NOA did say that they were going to be releasing a couple of trailers throughout the weeks before Awakening drops on February 4th. If it's not announced around that time, it probably won't be ported overseas.

Though I will say that if they bundle the game with a Fire Emblem: Awakening 3DS XL, I'll buy that in a heartbeat.

Also, I don't get the name Lon'qu, either. It sounds nice, though.

Edited by Karaszure