North American release: Feb 4, 2013, EU release: April, 2013

Elieson

Now, to ponder on what color my 3DS should be.

Purple's the only answer, dude.

Unless there's a bundle pack with FE13 and the 3DS in the bundle looks amazing/is purple, obviously.

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Purple's the only answer, dude.

Unless there's a bundle pack with FE13 and the 3DS in the bundle looks amazing/is purple, obviously.

Urgh, I always regret jumping the gun and not waiting for the purple 3DS. It is actually the best. (I have red).

But, on (slightly more) topic, do a rate the units thread! I want to see one of those...

Inb4 limited edition releases of Rainbow Dash 3ds for Specta and Twilight Sparkle 3ds for Brotegrity.

What would they even do to a Fire Emblem 3DS/3DSXL?

This is going to be a difficult decision if I want to wait it out the two months until my birthday or buy it immediately

also should have just been valentine's day with the theme it has amirite

Too bad we're all supposed to die. Bahahaha! (Even though that theory was debunked in 2011) Anywayyyy, cool. Not really much different than playing the Japanese version, but it will be nice to see the transition.

Too bad we're all supposed to die. Bahahaha! (Even though that theory was debunked in 2011) Anywayyyy, cool. Not really much different than playing the Japanese version, but it will be nice to see the transition.

Wow... how annoying would it be if it came true and we missed out on FE Awakening by a few months due to some prophecy coming good... I suppose I'd be too dead to be annoyed, but still!

Well, they do have to translate the game in x different languages.

Who knows, maybe they even record voices for every different language. It happens rarely in Nintendo games but they did just that in Radiant Dawn, so there is at least a chance...

And maybe the EU version will be worth the wait anyway since it's usually superior.

I mean, for example there was no Pierce glitch in FE8. Muarim isn't Ike's sister in RD. The easy mode glitch was fixed. Rolf and his brothers actually share the same dad now. Names are more consistent from PoR to RD. And probably tons of other stuff.

Edited by BrightBow

Well, they do have to translate the game in x different languages.

Who knows, maybe they even record voices for every different language. It happens rarely in Nintendo games but they did just that in Radiant Dawn, so there is at least a chance...

And maybe the EU version will be worth the wait anyway since it's usually superior.

I mean, for example there was no Pierce glitch in FE8. Muarim isn't Ike's sister in RD. The easy mode glitch was fixed. Rolf and his brothers actually share the same dad now. Names are more consistent from PoR to RD. And probably tons of other stuff.

Wait...there's no Pierce glitch in the PAL FE8? I've been scared to promote anyone into a Wyvern Knight for ages, for no reason. Damn.

Wait...there's no Pierce glitch in the PAL FE8? I've been scared to promote anyone into a Wyvern Knight for ages, for no reason. Damn.

Admittedly, it looks like I got things mixed up. I can't find a source for my claim. The site only says that the Japanese version doesn't have it.

I'm sorry. I don't want to spread any false rumors here.

Anyway, the point is merely that NoE usually does make some use of the extra time.

Edited by BrightBow

I'd post meme photos, but those are overdone.

At any rate.... YEEEEEEESSSSSSS!

I will enjoy FE13. Plus, I could use another game for my 3DS. Even if there are a million other games I should also get.

anyone buying all the dlc on day one or am i the only one? i already have 70 pounds saved in eshop vouchers

good thing i got 1st in the kid icarus battle squad those eshop prizes were great

Edited by Hirokaski

anyone buying all the dlc on day one

I'm not sure if all of the DLC is actually coming out on the same day as the game. There's a good chance it'll be released over the course of several months.

That said, I've got about one hundred dollars set aside.

First of all: Those people have nothing to do with company decisions. So don't call them stupid. I understand why you are frustrated, but there are other reasons for delays as well. One being the British English translation, which is handled seperately from the American English one (although they most likley communicate with each other during the process (maybe not, looking at Shadow Dragon)). The delay could be entirely the British team's fault, for all you know.

Aside from that, there are games that were not translated. Take Pokémon Conquest as an example: It was released in Europe, but only in BeNeLux, Italy and Great Britian. Am I pissed because we never got it here? No, I am not. 2 months are really not much, so I really don't see why you are insulting other people because you think that it may could be their standard's fault that you get the game 2 months later.

There were some Dutch translations for less text-heavy games as well, and I was not complaining that a possible delay could be their fault. So it's not even true that everything is kept in English. Maybe you just envy those that get the games in their native languages. I dunno.

Edit: Oh, there is a reason for a collective release throughout Europe as well: Many, many Germans, French, or other European countries would import in a heartbeat (no region lock, mostly no customs because of EU) meaning that the sales of dedicated versions of the game would decline.

Edited by domflo

Yeah, I'm sorry, things like these piss me off way too much. Apologies.

Anyway, I'm quite happy about an April release, and, as I said, I don't understand why so many people have so big problems with the game being released 2 months later. Maybe I'm just more patient because I had to wait a lot in the past. Oh well.