Will you play for....

Hana

XD Haha! There can be no love in Lunatic mode!! I know I'll be murdered if I do that mode!

I've beaten the game on Lunatic, about halfway through lunatic+ before my 3ds broke, the only problem is trying to keep every single character alive. The only way I can is to use limited teams, Defense units, don't attack very often unless it's ranged. It gets pretty interesting.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love and hair color...

I couldn't stand doing stats... Nothing against people who do it, but I was about 400% more excited for this game when I learned marriage was back. laugh.gif

XD Oh wow! That's an angle I didn't even think of!! Hair colour could be an important decision! :D I really like the idea of marriage and getting children based on those pairings. I'm also liking that there are conversations between the characters and that some of these change depending on the relationship (such as the parent vs non-parent stuff), I know some of the convos are copy-paste, but I like the fact they're even there. I liked supports in older FE's and wished there was more to them!

@ TwinBlade: Oh that's an interesting way to look at it, I'm actually very tempted to try the harder modes in this FE... I feel like I'm going to get a lot of replay out of it for various reasons! :) I'm really looking forward to trying out different tactics and play styles!

Edited by Hana

i dunno whatever I feel like

I kind of want to do an all Demon Fighter run for my first playthrough so I'd just pair up whoever to get the male kids

Then I'll probably do one for crazy awesome stats.

Fill support library with MU. The other pairings will go by story in FeMU runs and by gameplay in MaMU runs.

When I have all non-MU supports, I'll just pair people with whoever they happen to reach S support with,

Edited by Miscellany

@ TwinBlade: Oh that's an interesting way to look at it, I'm actually very tempted to try the harder modes in this FE... I feel like I'm going to get a lot of replay out of it for various reasons! :) I'm really looking forward to trying out different tactics and play styles!

Doubling/pairing up is very important in the harder modes. Without those boosts you are likely to get stomped. I go with defensive units paired with attack units, then defensive units paired with non attackers (healers, or ones with low attack) But most of the time I just see who will give each other the best stat boosts for that particular characters strengths and weaknesses.

XD Oh wow! That's an angle I didn't even think of!! Hair colour could be an important decision! :D I really like the idea of marriage and getting children based on those pairings. I'm also liking that there are conversations between the characters and that some of these change depending on the relationship (such as the parent vs non-parent stuff), I know some of the convos are copy-paste, but I like the fact they're even there. I liked supports in older FE's and wished there was more to them!

Yeah, I didn't mention, but I love all the supports that are going to come from it!

I orginally was more set to hair color, but there were just couples I didn't like: Mariabel and Krom (boring, nobles marry nobles), Gaia and Miriel (just not doing it for me), and Olivia and Henry (their support was a cute as it gets, but there's just something that's off to me) to name a few.

I'm a lot happier with what I find cutest. Krom and Olivia. Nono and Henry. Miriel and Vake.

I mean, I like the first gen better than the second, so I'm just trying to get that gen the best I can!

To me, it's all about the numbers, I don't want to spoil myself the support conversations so my pairs are based off of math. Unfortunately, I don't have the luxury of having all three saves, my brother wants one too. He should buy the game himself god dammit!

@Horsebird

I would suggest against that unless you're on easy... Rushing through it you make mistakes. That's unavoidable. You're likely to get someone isolated or killed even early on. Even on easy you can be hit pretty hard. This game is the most tactful of the FE series in my opinion.

I'll admit that I pair up couples in FE4 almost solely for stats/items and not for story reasons.

I won't do that for this one, though. The only significant gameplay difference that I see between

children with different fathers is which classes can be passed down (Skills seem like they are

much more important than a point or two higher in a stat cap), but even then, it seems like all

the children can be made useful somehow no matter who their father is (unlike FE4).

I plan on doing it mostly randomly each gameplay until I've done each couple at least once.

The first playthrough, I'm going for love, I know that much. That way, I'm playing the game for the sake of simply playing the game, and being content with absolutely everything that it has to offer. I still have no idea who I want to pair yet. But I'll be leaving the power playthrough for some other time.

Well, a "love" playthrough, as you put it. I won't really try to breed Tykebombs (so to speak), since I suck at competitive play I really don't care THAT much to do as much as I can to raise the ultimate units. Plus, this is a Fire Emblem that really makes you care about the characters.

• 4 weeks later...