What has Fire Emblem taught you?

Gold Vanguard

Fire Emblem had taught me that average everyday mages can control the elements.Also I'm surprised only 1 person mentioned the" spinning your weapon makes it stronger".

Edited by Royal Guard

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless of initiative or tactical advantage or personal swiftness, armies always take turns advancing on each other.

If someone hits you, hit back! Then and only then, if one of you is significantly faster than the other, whoever is faster can hit one more time. But that's all.

Horses can follow their riders indoors, but will refuse to allow themselves to be ridden.

An archer can only accurately shoot someone from roughly twice the range that someone can stab them.

Assassins can strike anyone down with a single blow... unless they're important political or military figures, because assassins are terrible at assassinating important people.

A skilled thief can pluck the weapon right out of his opponent's hands, but only some thieves will do it and to do it they have to be really fat.

Also, the only thing stopping you from just walking past a well-armored guardsman holding a chokepoint is knowing how to do it, which you can learn from a scroll. But nobody else can read it after you do until you agree to stop sneaking past people.

.Generic recruits/volunteers makes good meatshields.

.Generic recruits/volunteers are brave enough to join regardless of the amount of casualties.

.If you're generic you're gonna die most of the time.

.Ballistas can fire lightning bolts.

.Your friends or relatives will try to kill you unless you talk to them first.

.You need authority starts to motivate people to do better.

.Showed me how great SRPG games are.

.Showed me how amazing SRPG music are. (Yuka Tsujiyoko is an amazing composer)

Edited by Generic Operator

That there are fortresses the size of humans, yet can store dozens of soldiers on the inside. A castle that covers the same area as six soldiers on the outside can hold hundreds on the inside. Soldiers can effectively be the size of entire forests and mountains, and being on sand gives you slightly more dodging ability than plain gound, despite that at the same time it prevents you from advancing.

An entire army can give up completely if and only if some young noble seizes control of their leaders favorite chair.

A Village with a Veteran Knight/Hero/Archer in it can easily be destroyed by a single Thief, even if that character can defeat that same Thief the second they leave the village.

Edited by arvilino

If you have long hair, everyone will think you're the best swordman alive.

Uh... Ike? Greil/Gawain? BK?

Fire emblem has also taught me you can run farther if you wear boots.

1. Be paranoid as hell, and never let anyone die in an SRPG.
  2. Don't play XCOM after playing Fire Emblem, because of #1.
  3. You're in peak physical condition at the age of 14, past your prime and should retire at age 21, and an old fart by the time you're 30.
  4. 3000 years can go by and technology will STILL be stuck in the 12th century.
  5. The RNG hates you, learn to hate it back.

1) Karel, Navarre, Stefan, Ayra, Shanan, etc.

2) The same aplies to horses and winged creatures.

I was referencing Shanam and Samuto more particullary.

That's why I didn't say "it makes you the best best swordsman alive", even if it often applies.

There are no corpses, the enemies all disintegrate.

...and their armors and mounts will disintegrate as welll, as if there are connected to each others.

Which explain why you can slay dozens of heavily armoured knight and cavalier, and not suffer any movement problems.

FE also taught me that the biggest army raely have more than 50 persons in it, including the ennemy leader. However, some forts can be produced ad infinitum, but never more than one at a time.

What has Fire Emblem taught me?

Never to say who your favorite character is. Avoid talking the games in general...oh wait that's the community. Just call me the old hermit that has seen the forest go through changes.

What I've actually learned in Fire Emblem:

Strippers can make units energized and attack again...for free.

Laguz can smoke crack and get a short lived boost, just like in real life.

GBA Pegasus Knights are taught to fight yet can't lift any lances.

Deserts ALWAYS have hidden treasure.

Fire Emblem has taught me that all veterans of war suck at combat in the long run, but people who picked up their weapon just yesterday might as well become the next god of the world.

It also taught me that spinning makes a weapon hurt more.

And that Silver is a viable weapon material (as is glass).

FE taught me, that if I ever rule a country, my entire force should be comprised of about 30-40 soldiers, the majority of them in their teens with little experience (I'm sure they'll grow), each should have the right to their own colour palette for their armour, and entrust them to take on hundreds of soldiers with little to no casualties.

FE taught me, that if I ever rule a country, my entire force should be comprised of about 30-40 soldiers, the majority of them in their teens with little experience (I'm sure they'll grow), each should have the right to their own colour palette for their armour, and entrust them to take on hundreds of soldiers with little to no casualties.

Also, if I ever am evil and want to revive some corrupt dragon deity, I'd best make sure not to do so by starting any wars, especially wars involving countries full of righteous, plucky young go-getters. No, I'll do everything that I need to do extremely quietly, at least until Dragon Satan is back.

And in the event I am successful with this, if I should ever happen to have the one sword or book or whatever that can beat Dragon Satan in my possession or that of a minion, I will immediately have it broken/torn apart and then melted/burned until nothing remains. Or just hand it to Dragon Satan to hold, I mean how are they gonna get it from him?

FE did seriously teach me what a halberd is, though. I was all like, "oh, that's a neat-looking weapon"

Strangely, it taught me that a Poleaxe isn't exactly technically an axe.

It is an appropriate anti-cavalry weapon, but it's something you'd expect a Soldier to use, not a Fighter.

I still have no idea what a Horseslayer is supposed to be relative to just any other kind of lance though. It isn't that hard to injure a horse with a spear, that's kind of what they're all good at.