Fateborn Who Can't Sprite

Fateborn

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh. Decided to go on with one piece of advice from our miss watcher

b2TqE.png

Looks decent and beautiful. I think I might keep those eyes, but I dunno if it's benefiting to have leering eyes.

I know i shouldnt say much because i often have the same problem. But the tips of her hair in the front should be smoothed out to look more natural. Right now, its kinda jaggy.

(You are getting better though! Keep it up!)

Edited by Dunban

Well, I'll go find better silver pixels then.

I'll use Pent's hair color for now. Apparently, you dislike Heath's silver streak. Hater >:(

Hopefully someone can fetch me a good silver shades.

Just shaded with pent's hair color.

The result is so disgusting.

See for yourself.

7mJfJ.png

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW

Edited by Ubel Engel

I just feel like the second and third shades aren't contrasting enough, even for FE7 standards. Maybe it's just my eyes.

You could always just, yanno, make the darkest shade darker yourself instead of finding someone else's hair.

Or stick with the colors you have because they really aren't a problem. Wait a bit before you try to make your own colors or the results will be disastrous.

If anything should be fixed, it's the hair shading. The part that comes down in front of her neck is a big ol' lump that lacks definition.

Edited by seph1212

Thank sephy *3*

I'm not good with custom shading unless it's to fix splice. So...

/shootself

Then again I custom shaded Idoun's hair and fixed it up a bunch. It looked nice.

WHY AM I SO BAD AT SHADING BUT SO GOOD AT FIXING IDOUN?

Imgur overloaded atm.

Got bored while waiting for imgur to come back up that I recolored her hairs for a while with each different results.

I think I like Farina and Geitz color the best.

Edited by Ubel Engel

What

ma boy, did you take your steroids?

That Kanon looks really cool! =3

I'm impressed by the speed you're improving.

Makes me feel like a noob after all my efforts of getting better at splicing. ;A;

Fix her hair shading and it'll be perfect.

Keep up the good work!

When I look at Ms. Silver-Hair's sprite, my eyes are drawn to her far shoulder. The shading there makes absolutely no sense; try referencing the archers/snipers? Her hair's okay, but it could still use polish (which will come as you learn how to fix the glaring issues).

Her colors remind me of Micaiah's palette. I'm not sure if that's intentional.

Her colors remind me of Micaiah's palette. I'm not sure if that's intentional.

Really? :O

Her name is Kanon btw, mentioned it two pages ago.

The far shoulder was a splice from Vanessa, so I guess I left it as is as. I shaded it a bit now.

By glaring, you means her eyes or something else?

Edited by Ubel Engel

I think I fixed the shading issues. I referenced from Sophia a bit for the front hair, and Bruynia or w/e her name for the back hair.

I also have different recolor of hairs for each Wow i fail... I means her, but the fixes are not applied to them, so please ignore these.

Original

icIOE.png

Farina

U8US4.png

Geitz

k0fD3.png

Ignere

Z4g7S.png

The cavalier from FE6... forgot his name :P

ZKsIf.png

Edited by Ubel Engel

Really? :O

Her name is Kanon btw, mentioned it two pages ago.

The far shoulder was a splice from Vanessa, so I guess I left it as is as. I shaded it a bit now.

By glaring, you means her eyes or something else?

I don't think using Vanessa's shoulder for a reference shading of that kind of pad is a good idea. Take a look at Rebecca's shoulder instead - it kind of looks like what you're trying to depict? The other person with a similar shoulder is. . .wait for it. . .Batta the Fucking Beast. Seriously.

Both, specifically her left. The shading on her right doesn't need as many fixes, but a few are needed.

EDIT: http://gyazo.com/08a3871b10b078da426124da39ed5112

Here's a hairfix reference for you. The hairflow's incredibly derpy. It goes in many directions. There's a little bit of chunkiness left. I tried to work on that hair strand that goes to her chest and then realized that it's shaped horribly. It needs to follow the curve of her body, right now it's just straight and awkward. Also it's just a blob at this point.

Use this to reference the short haired version's shading. It's basically the same, just slightly different near the bottom where the ponytail is.

Edited by Hamlet

Here's female hero without shield. I'm thinking of having some of her animations be similar to Ike's battle animation in POR.

PKFc9.png

It's just a prototype stand version. I might need to change it to suit her combat with axes and swords.