What's your favourite colour?

MancerNecro

Guys, I've found this site that gives you a personality profile about your based on what your favourite colour is. I've tried it for myself and it is really effective and true.

Site: http://www.empower-yourself-with-color-psychology.com/personality-color.html

My favourite colours are purple and black.

Edited by MancerNecro

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Integrity, the coloured texts on the page are actually links to the full profile of that particular colour.

1: i did not notice that

2: it still only hits the mark by about 50%

EDIT: actually, now that i've flipped through the full version, it's rather less than 50% accurate

purple for reference

Edited by Integrity

hit the mark by about 50%

which is pretty typical for predictor things

Btw Integrity, are you willing to share what your favourite colours are?

EDIT: To not double post.

Purple is 100% accurate for me, actually. Black is almost completely accurate. Only the part about me being very conventional is not so accurate (although I am quite conventional and conservative in a way).

Edited by MancerNecro

edited to include

incidentally my second-favorite (orange) is even less indicative of me

(also that means i'm extroverted and introverted! wee!)

EDIT: hell, even giving it a third short (indigo) still leaves me unimpressed

EDIT2:

You may have a great need to acquire qualifications.

hahaha the site called me an achievement whore (i am)

Edited by Integrity

1Dze6.jpg

Edit: Oh well also my second favourite is green and it seems like it fits too... but I already made a big post about brown so I guess I won't include going over green as well x3

Having a personality color brown means you are honest, down-to-earth and wholesome, salt of the earth people with both feet planted firmly on the ground.

Because I suck at lying? =3

You like physical comfort, simplicity and quality.

Well, I like /huggy's =o

You are sensitive to the needs of others and sensitive to criticism by others.

Basically just "sensitive" ;~;

You like a structured life with everything in its place, although you are not a perfectionist by any means.

................. Oh....

You may suppress your emotions at times, retreating from the outside world.

M-maybe

Others are drawn to you when they need comfort and support - you have a warm and encouraging manner that gives reassurance to others.

Awwwwww yay~

You prefer to stay in your own safe little world - you don't like your little world to be upset by anything.

I don't like being sadface ;n;

Edited by Freohr Datia

I think that site is quite accurate (or at least accurate to a certain degree). There isn't a one size fits all thing, lol.

Also, on a slightly related note, what colours do you guys dislike? There's a part on each colour profile on your personality type if you dislike each particular colour.

My favorite color is gray. It really hit the nail with that one.

But white and black also seem to fit with my personality, according to that. Maybe it has to do with the fact grey is really just the combination of black and white.

EDIT: I read the short descriptions...I just realized there's more to it.

Edited by Gloom

I think that site is quite accurate (or at least accurate to a certain degree). There isn't a one size fits all thing, lol.

Also, on a slightly related note, what colours do you guys dislike? There's a part on each colour profile on your personality type if you dislike each particular colour.

If you dislike turquoise:

You dislike change. Yes yes yes

You may be stuck emotionally or creatively. Not sure what that is meaning

You may have shut off your feelings. Umm...... in what sense?

You may dislike sharing your innermost feelings and thoughts. I dunno, sometimes...

You may be uncomfortable showing compassion and empathy. Not that much

The energy of turquoise may not stimulate enough passion, physical energy and excitement in you. Maybe physical energy?

Organization and order drive you up the wall. In some cases.... Like I don't entirely like the thought/idea of it but I'm uncomfortable with change so I just settle with it x3

okay three colors, top-down

INDIGO

Having a personality color indigo as your favorite color means you are honest, compassionate and understanding. Integrity is extremely important to you.

aye

You need structure in your life - organization is important to you and you can be quite inflexible when it comes to order in your life.

not bad

With a personality color indigo you love rituals and traditions. You look to the past when planning for the future.

pretty ambivalent there

You are conscientious and reliable - a good person to have around in a crisis.

aye

You may have a great need to acquire qualifications.

aye

Being a personality color indigo indicates you are hungry for the meaning of life.

nae

You may sometimes be moody and introspective.

aye

You operate beyond the normal senses of taste, sight, hearing etc.

if this means "you work with your gut" then aye

You love law and order - justice is important to you - you'll defend people's rights until the end.

aye

You love creating drama in your life.

jesus nae

You may be up in the clouds one minute and down in the dumps the next - you have trouble living in the now as your mind is always on the future.

very nae

You have an addictive personality and may be a workaholic or addicted to other things.

maybe

You may not trust very easily.

site i am gullible as fuck

You may be a show-off - as a dramatist, performing and showing-off comes naturally to you.

50/50

You are intuitive and perceptive, relying on intuition rather than gut feeling - you can see beyond the normal senses.

...well then

Service to humanity is one of your strengths and essential to your wellbeing.

aye to an extent

You are impartial and fair, defending the rights of others to the end.

aye to an extent

You can be quite the dramatist, making a mountain out of a molehill, when you are stressed.

nae

You can be narrow-minded, intolerant and prejudiced when living from a negative perspective.

lol nae

You can become fanatical and obsessive at times.

50/50

Addiction of some sort is also a problem for you - this may be addiction to work, exerise, food or other substances.

i can never turn down free food

PURPLE

Having a personality color purple or violet as your favorite color means you are sensitive and compassionate, understanding and supportive, thinking of others before yourself - you are the person others come to for help - being needed motivates you but sometimes people take advantage of you.

that actually isn't bad

You are a gentle and free spirit. Your feelings run deep and you can be quite sensitive to hurtful comments from others, although you would never show it.

i doubt literally anybody here would call me gentle except maybe free

Being a personality color purple, you have a peaceful and tranquil quality and a quiet dignity about you. People are drawn to your charismatic and alluring energy.You are usually introverted rather than extroverted and may give the impression of being shy although this is not the case.

again, not bad at all

You are creative and like to be individual in most of your endeavors, including your dress and home decoration - you love the unconventional.

meh

You are idealistic, and often impractical, with a great imagination, dreaming of a future in an ideal fantasy world where you exclude the ugly side of reality - you tend to look at life through rose-colored glasses. People who don't understand you sometimes think you are eccentric because you spend so much time in your fantasy world.

idealistic, yes. the other stuff, no.

With your personality color purple you inspire others with your creative thinking and your ability to deal positively with adversity.

sure, why not

You are very intuitive and quite psychic or at least interested in spiritual growth or the occult - you seek spiritual fulfillment. You look for the meaning of life.

couldn't give a shit about the meaning of life but spiritual growth is cool by me

As a personality color purple, you are a generous giver, asking for little in return except friendship.

yay

You can be secretive, with even your closest friends not really knowing you well.

very no

If you constantly surround yourself with too much purple you can become moody. If this is the case, balance the purple with some magenta.

i would be happy if everything i owned was purple

You dislike responsibility and have difficulty dealing with real day-to-day problems.

this is literally the furthest thing from me said

You dislike being part of the crowd, wishing to stand apart from the mob - you like to be noticed for your individuality. You don't like to copy others and you don't like them to copy you.

i'm individualistic in that i literally don't give a fuck what the mob thinks - if what i like it what the mob likes so be it

You are a visionary, with high ambitions, dreams and desires, and a compulsion to help humanity and to improve the planet earth. You often hold positions of power because you are visionary, but you delegate to others all the minor details that you aren't interested in.

i am an engineer

You like to have the best of everything, so you aim high.

fits periodically

Being the free spirit you are, you love to travel to experience different cultures and meet new people.

are you shitting me

You are a good judge of character and sum others up quite quickly and accurately, although you usually see the best in everybody.

not bad

Time means little to you and you are often late for everything. You trust the flow of the Universe to take care of everything.

are you even shitting me ok that thing that was ultimate not me got replaced

You need to be careful not to take on too many projects at a time as you can become quite scattered in your thinking, resulting in stress and confusion.

that sounds like something that afflicts literally everybody

Meditation is a good activity for you to help you become centered and balanced.

sure, okay

You can sometimes appear arrogant and conceited if operating from a negative perspective.

i'm always arrogant and conceited

You can be selfish and self-indulgent as you don't like being imposed upon by others beliefs and regulations.

not really

ORANGE

Having a personality color orange means you are warm, optimistic, extroverted and often flamboyant.You are friendly, good-natured and a generally agreeable person.

that's pretty good except for extroverted

You are assertive and determined rather than aggressive - having a personality color orange means you are more light-hearted and less intense than those who love red.

ok that's pretty good too

You thrive on human social contact and social gatherings, bringing all types together.

no

As a personality color orange you enjoy partying and socializing and planning all types of social events - orange people are the life of the party, the uninhibited performer! You are often the loud talker in a group.

nnnnnno

While you are charming and sociable you do tend to be a show-off.

no idea if i'm charming but showing-off maybe ok

You get great satisfaction from helping others and they find you inspiring with your vitality and positive energy.

maybe?

You are tolerant and accepting of others just the way they are.

not always, but generally sure

You are a people person, motivated by what others may or may not think and always trying to keep up with the Jones'. You need people around you - being alone for too long makes you depressed and you then allow negativity to engulf you.

no

You are a free spirit who doesn't like to be tied down - you are not always loyal in your relationships and find it difficult to commit.

>not always loyal

fuck off

You live your life based on your 'gut reactions'.

yeah

You are an adventurer - you love the outdoor life, camping, climbing mountains and indulging in adventurous sports such as sky diving and hang gliding. You are the daredevil, always looking towards your next challenge, your next great adventure.

uh no

but i do like the outdoors

You enjoy being physically active, particularly in the outdoors, whether it's simply going for a walk, or competing in high level sporting competitions.

sports competitions can blow me but exercise is fun

You are full of life, always on the go, determined and competitive, always looking for new challenges - and this can lead to restlessness and impatience with others who do not have this need.

nope

Lovers of orange like to take risks in many areas of their life, particularly in the physical areas. They prefer to explore their outer world rather than their inner world.

50/50

You may be lousy at housekeeping as it is not that important to you - you love having fun too much and don't like the mundane - a little dust on the mantelpiece is not that important to you. However you love to cook.

fuck that i love cleaning

You move on easily from life's setbacks.

yep

Patience is not one of your virtues and you can be quite forceful and domineering over others when under stress.

lies

You can be indecisive, inconsistent and unpredictable.

um no

You may be an unkind practical joker.

um no

When operating from a negative perspective, a personality color orange can become aloof, egotistical, self-centered and uncaring.

>egotistical

nailed it

not really the other stuff though

When feeling fearful, orange lovers feel it in their abdomen, as though it is tied in knots.

doesn't everybody?

MY GREATEST DESIRES!

Your deepest need is to feel in harmony and at one with the Universe and to be accepted by others as the aware and intuitive spiritual being that you are.

uuuuuuuuh i'm a hippie?

Your deepest need is for emotional security and to create order and perfection in all areas of your life, including your spiritual life. You also have a deep need to initiate and participate in humanitarian projects, helping others in need.

part 1: yeah!

part 2: nope.

Your deepest need is to be with people, to socialize with them, and be accepted and respected as part of a group. You also have a need for regular challenges in your life, whether it is physical or social challenges.

pretty solid nope.

i'd say 50% is about right, hm?

EDIT: there literally isn't a color on that list i dislike

Edited by Integrity

ah i remember checking this site a few days ago lol.

Blue is accurate for me. And purple, to some extent

BLUE

You are genuine and sincere, and you take your responsibilities seriously.

yup.

You don't like to draw attention to yourself - you prefer to be in the background.

definitely lol

You can be quite emotional, aware of others feelings and sensitive to the moods of others.

this is true.

You are sentimental and love things from the past. You cry easily at sad movies.

Sentimental and love things from the past? yes

cry easily at sad movies? not really

Having a personality color blue means you have a deep need for peace and harmony in your everyday life

yup.

You are approachable and friendly, always making people feel welcome in your life.

yeah :D

You have a thirst for knowledge in order to gain wisdom and appear knowledgeable in whatever area interests you.

Yes

You can be rigid - you like to stick to what is familiar to you and it is hard to sway you from your path - you stubbornly do things your way even if there is a better way.

true

PURPLE

Being the free spirit you are, you love to travel to experience different cultures and meet new people.

Yes. I love meeting new people.

You are a visionary, with high ambitions, dreams and desires, and a compulsion to help humanity and to improve the planet earth.

Yeah

You are a gentle and free spirit. Your feelings run deep and you can be quite sensitive to hurtful comments from others, although you would never show it.

haha this is true

Having a personality color purple or violet as your favorite color means you are sensitive and compassionate, understanding and supportive, thinking of others before yourself

yeah

TURQUOISE

IT IS BEST

#1 COLOR

As expected, it seemed to match a good number of stuff but not all. Fun, though.

EDIT:

I dislike none of the colors so I can't do those u ~u

Edited by Spectakitty

I like green and blue. I've never been fond of yellow or orange. I'm not going to bother looking at the profiles in depth just yet, but what I saw was vague enough to be accurate.

I like 3 colors: Green, Orange, and Brown.

When it comes to hitting the target on my personality traits, Green and Brown are very accurate. Orange... kind of isn't. Kind of. :U

•Lovers of blue have a deep need to find inner peace and truth, to live their life according to their ideals and beliefs without having to change their inflexible viewpoint of life to satisfy others.

•With a personality color blue as your favorite color you are conservative, reliable and trustworthy - you are quite trusting of others although you are very wary in the beginning until you are sure of the other person. At the same time, you also have a deep need to be trusted.

•You are not impulsive or spontaneous - you always think before you speak and act and do everything at your own pace in your own time. You take time to process and share your feelings.

•You are genuine and sincere, and you take your responsibilities seriously.

•Having a personality color blue means you have a deep need for peace and harmony in your everyday life - you don't like having your feathers ruffled. You would benefit from daily meditation and quiet time for reflection, introspection and self-discovery.

•You appear to be confident and self-controlled, but may be hiding your vulnerable side.

•Being a personality color blue means you are generally fairly even-tempered, unless your emotions take over - then you can become either moody and over-emotional, or cool and indifferent.

•You don't like to draw attention to yourself - you prefer to be in the background.

•While you don't like to have discord or conflict in your life, you are often the cause of conflict with others; you can be quite manipulative but in a very subtle way.

•You make a loyal and faithful marriage partner and you are an honest, trustworthy and sincere friend. You form strong attachments, but risk a tendency to become codependent.

•You can be quite emotional, aware of others feelings and sensitive to the moods of others.

•You are sentimental and love things from the past. You cry easily at sad movies.

•You compare the present to the past, looking to authority figures, parents, bosses or other leaders, to support your beliefs about the world.

•You can be rigid - you like to stick to what is familiar to you and it is hard to sway you from your path - you stubbornly do things your way even if there is a better way.

•You are approachable and friendly, always making people feel welcome in your life.

•You have a thirst for knowledge in order to gain wisdom and appear knowledgeable in whatever area interests you.

•You can be too cautious and worry about every little thing.

That sure sounds like me.

•You are sensitive to the needs of others and caring with your close circle of friends. While you are friendly and sociable, you prefer the company of your own close group of friends.

Sort of...

•You are a rescuer and love to be needed but one of your lessons is to learn to love yourself first - you live from your heart and are always busy putting the needs of others first.

•If reacting negatively, you are prone to self-pity.

•You need to have direction & order in your living and work spaces - untidiness and unpredictability overwhelm you.

Nope.

•You are spiritual or religious with a high degree of devotion to family, God, or other causes that are important to you.

Which is funny, seeing as I'm an atheist...

As for my least favourite colour, it would have to be f@$%ing purple (which some people find hard to understand...)

Heehee, I'm glad to see everyone having fun.

Tbh, I searched that site because of Boron and Levity's threads giving me a sort of interest in personality tests and stuffs.

And when I realised how accurate (to me) the site was, I couldn't resist having to share it with everyone.

TEH BLACK

Having a personality color black means that prestige and power are important to you.

Sure.

You are independent, strong-willed and determined and like to be in control of yourself and situations.

Sure.

As a lover of black you may be conservative and conventional - black is restricting and contained.

NOOOO LIBERAL ALL THE WAY

You may be too serious for your own good - bring some colour into your life to lighten you up - life should be fun.

>too serious

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You may appear intimidating to even your closest colleagues and friends, with an authoritarian, demanding and dictatorial attitude.

BOW DOWN TO ME, PEASANTS

As a personality color black, you are non-emotional and give the appearance of a dignified and sophisticated person who is in total control - this is often a front as you may feel quite insecure in the company of sophisticated and cultured VIP's and upper class people.

>non-emotional

NO. RAGEQUAT, FLIP TABLE

You like to keep people at a distance, guarding your emotions and creating an impenetrable barrier between yourself and others.

Sure.

You may be looking for protection from any negativity that surrounds you.

Sure, wynaut.

You may wish to create an aura of mystery and intrigue, as in the sexy black negligee.

dafuq

You may be going through a stage of self-denial, not allowing pleasure and joy into your life.

dafuq, site. How about no

You hold things inside and are not good at sharing yourself with others, possibly out of fear.

Sure.

You are methodical in your work, making sure everything is completed as required, down to the last detail.

Sure.

It may be a color of comfort to you, allowing you to retreat and hide from the real world.

Sure.

You may be a teenager or young adult hiding behind black while searching for your own identity or your own true colors.

What if I just like black for the sake of liking black. Why the fuck I don't even

You may be rebelling against society or your family.

No, I'm not that badass

You may have lost sight of your direction in life and are going through a very negative phase.

;/ No

You may be suppressing your own desires and aspirations.

How about no

You may be retreating behind black during a difficult time in your life such as a serious illness or a period of grief - black protects, allowing for a deep inner healing without interference from others.

tumblr_m26nvnNG5o1qkk10ro1_500.jpg

OK, LET'S TRY RED

Too lazy to do all of these, so:

Red people can be aggressive and easy to anger, often exhibiting a violent temper - this is negative passion and energy. You flare up instantaneously but calm down quite quickly once you get it out of your system and then forget it ever happened - you do not hold a grudge.

This is so accurate irt when I get legitimately angry.

You are always in a hurry, wanting to do everything right now. Patience is not one of your strong points.

>patience not a strong point

YUS

You are ambitious and competitive and like to be the winner - you are achievement orientated and second place is not good enough for you. With you it is all or nothing.

i like winning

You are impulsive - you should count to 10 before reacting to situations as it is in these situations that your anger and aggression often appears.

Yep, I tend to ragequat a lot.

but tend to have a short attention span

YES, I have no attention span at all

Because you are action orientated you are good at meeting deadlines and getting the job done at the right time.

YUS, but at the last minute :B

But then there's this:

You do not procrastinate - you never put off until tomorrow what you can do today.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA

tumblr_mdo5s2dgym1qd7cr7.gif

I'm not even going to do Indigo because it's so off from me

The only Silver part that describes me is resourceful and flexible

PURPLE, and it fits me quite a lot. With a small hue of pink here and there apparently.

Yellow was my childhood favorite color, and reading through I found interesting how I've changed from back then, it was fairly accurate on that.

Lesse. Yes, any and all shades of green is my favorite color. I do like brown, blue and orange. No copypaste from me luuul.

Green

Brown

Blue

Orange

Iunno.