Create Your Own Skills

Jotari

I don't know if anything like this has been suggested before, I haven't seen anything of the sort so I might as well go ahead and do it. This is a thread for making up your own skills and abilities that you think would work well in a Fire Emblem game. People can also criticize it or think of creative ways it might be a effective. I'll go ahead and suggest some skills to start us off.

Quick Hand: Automatically swap to a weapon in your inventory to counter with if your current weapon cannot (so if a fighter get's attacked from two range with a steel axe equipped and a hand axe in reserve he will automaitcally equip the hand axe to counter)

Duel: Luck% chance of activating. When activated both characters will continue fighting until one of them is dead (will not activate if there is any chance the fight will not end. Would be a pretty nasty boss skill)

Starlight: Skill% chance the attack will not reduce the weapon's usage.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weapon saver does the same thing in Awakening, except with (Luck * 2)%.

I had a feeling I'd stumble onto an Awakening skill doing this. Didn't quite expect it to be in the first post though.

You know that Duel already exist, right ?

(Except not luck based, and allow just one more turn each time it activates).

And we saw with Duel/Charge that it can also be disadvantaging when it activates and you can't counter.

A double-edged skill. If there's a way to activates only when you can counter it would be interresting though.

May have si=uggest you rename it Damocles ? You should change the name to clarify it.

There's also a Luck-based weapon saving ability in Awakening that seems better (Or makes it Skill*2 ). Ninja'd

Quick Hand would be really useful though. It would makes Great Gnight/Bow Knight overpowerd. It may be better to makes it %-based, for balance purpose.

For my skills :

Mind over Matter : Mag% Sometimes uses Res instead of Def, when attacking with physical weapons.

Seal : Skill% Sometimes stop the ennemy for attacking.

All Out : Speed % May use all of it attacks before the ennemy

(for example, if you can attack, then be attacked, then attack again, you'd attack twice and won't attack afterwards.

So a pseudo Continue and Ambush in one if you want.)

Edited by TendaSlime

Quick Hand: Automatically swap to a weapon in your inventory to counter with if your current weapon cannot (so if a fighter get's attacked from two range with a steel axe equipped and a hand axe in reserve he will automaitcally equip the hand axe to counter)

That... actually sounds pretty good. It would make warriors and their bows a lot better but like the guy above me said, it would probably be a bit overpowered without a percentage activation.

Seal : Skill% Sometimes stop the ennemy for attacking.

Pavise/great shield in FE4, 5, 8, 9, 10 and 13 will sometimes negate one enemy blow, rendering such a skill unnecessary.

It appears that every enemy in FE4 had this skill.

Cheaters.

Nova- %Skill Strength+Speed+Weapon=Attack (For cavalry, sort of like a charging attack)

Plate Mail- +5-8 Defence, treated as an armoured unit

Guerilla- Terrain bonus X1.5

I have more, they just aren't coming to me.

You know that Duel already exist, right ?

(Except not luck based, and allow just one more turn each time it activates).

And we saw with Duel/Charge that it can also be disadvantaging when it activates and you can't counter.

A double-edged skill. If there's a way to activates only when you can counter it would be interresting though.

May have si=uggest you rename it Damocles ? You should change the name to clarify it.

I had no idea charge was also called duel, and the're pretty similar too but charge only continues the battle an extra round. My idea for duel was to exactly recreate an arena battle in the main game. I wouldn't have a problem with both existing in a game though as each has their own advantages and disadvantages. Charge probably being more useful for players while my skill being more useful for enemies.

Man I am not a big fan of % activation rates, at least not without a really good reason to make it unreliable.

A version of Duel that goes until death would be cool. I'd prefer having it be a command, but in exchange for choosing when to use it have the unit that initiates it be disadvantaged somehow.

-Tackle: Command where (Something, based on speed/str somehow)% chance the unit using it prevents the enemy it attacks from moving or attacking, and allows friendly units to pass over freely. Possible downsides that aren't a low hit rate: unit needs a running start/has to move at least (however many, maybe 3 or 4 at least) squares before they can use it, maybe they're more open to attack from other units and/or can still be attacked by the person they've tackled except the tackled dude gets a MT penalty. Might be upgraded on promotion to "Hold," eliminate penalties.

-HOLD THE LINE: Command where if an enemy attempts to pass the unit on enemy phase, the unit automatically initiates a round of combat, and if the unit hits the enemy the enemy is pushed back a space. Possible downsides: unit can only move one space or so before using the command, which immediately ends their turn. After (however many) unit(s) have been pushed back, the skill no longer activates.

-Sadist: unit has lowered MT, but debuffs each enemy hit in some way. Possibly unit has higher crit % as well while active. A mode that can be turned on at the start of battle, or left off.

-Trample: Cavalry can move directly through enemies without using an attack, in the process doing light damage but lose an extra move unit more than if they had attacked the enemy and used Canto.

-Death Wish: Command, uses up rest of the unit's turn, requires unit to have supported with another now-dead unit. Unit loudly taunts all enemies within range, causing them to prioritize that unit over any other, except in rare circumstances like where an enemy can guarantee the player loses with an action. Enemies get a bonus of some kind (MT, speed, something not avo) attacking the unit. Command has no effect on select enemies.

-Vault: Thief command skill, (something, based on speed/skill somehow)% chance the thief goes from being in front of the enemy to 2 spaces behind on the opposite side and debuffs the enemy's hit, maybe also their avoid until the enemy's next phase is over. Requires a moving start, less than tackle but at least 2 spaces.

-OVERWATCH BABY: Archer command skill, automatically initiates attack on any 1range enemy to come within the archer's range, if archer's attack hits the enemy's turn immediately ends. Similar to HOLD THE LINE, archer can't use the command if they move far and their turn immediately ends on using it.

-"Cautious": Passive permanent skill, unit required to have supported with another now-dead unit. Unit takes a hit to MT, but gains a boost to avoid directly proportional to the share of health that an enemy can take with an attack.

Edited by Rehab

Rage: Temporarily increase attack by three for each hit taken. Resets when a successful blow is landed on the enemy,

Backwards: Weapon triangle is reversed and attack order is reversed.

Bridge builder: Can use all movement for turn in order to build a one tile bridge across water.

Lorenz Vengeful: Unit will explode upon death, dealing X damage to adjacent units.

Ghost: Unit can pass through enemies at 3 movement cost, cannot end turn on the same space as an enemy.

Point Choker: User gains +5 defense/res when blocking a one tile wide passage.

Edited by Shin

-OVERWATCH BABY: Archer command skill, automatically initiates attack on any 1range enemy to come within the archer's range, if archer's attack hits the enemy's turn immediately ends. Similar to HOLD THE LINE, archer can't use the command if they move far and their turn immediately ends on using it.

I SEE REFERENCES TO XCOM. Even though I've never played it.

Ah, I created a mastery skill for my original lord character's third tier class. It's called Illuminance. It's much like Aether in the fact that it allows Azura (my lord character's name) to recover HP equal to the damage done to the enemy and negates the enemy's defense. However, it only negates defense if Azura is using a non-magic weapon. If she uses a magic weapon, the skill negates the enemy's resistance instead. So basically, it's Luna, Sol, and Flare all in one. See, Azura's best stats are magic and speed, though she has decent strength as well. Her defense is rather sub-par though.

Retreat: Unit retreats from battle when their HP reaches 0 but cannot be used in the next three chapters due to injuries. Cannot be equipped to certain characters (who have to appear on the map like your main lord. Also means casual mode doesn't exist).

That... actually sounds pretty good. It would make warriors and their bows a lot better but like the guy above me said, it would probably be a bit overpowered without a percentage activation.

Pavise/great shield in FE4, 5, 8, 9, 10 and 13 will sometimes negate one enemy blow, rendering such a skill unnecessary.

There's also cancel and disarm.

Ah, I created a mastery skill for my original lord character's third tier class. It's called Illuminance. It's much like Aether in the fact that it allows Azura (my lord character's name) to recover HP equal to the damage done to the enemy and negates the enemy's defense. However, it only negates defense if Azura is using a non-magic weapon. If she uses a magic weapon, the skill negates the enemy's resistance instead. So basically, it's Luna, Sol, and Flare all in one. See, Azura's best stats are magic and speed, though she has decent strength as well. Her defense is rather sub-par though.

I'll raise you this:

AstraLunaSol-1.png

I'll raise you this:

AstraLunaSol-1.png

And what's this supposed to mean? That screen shows ASTRA, Luna and Sol, not FLARE, Luna, and Sol. Besides, that's a hack.

Edited by Anacybele

And what's this supposed to mean? That screen shows ASTRA, Luna and Sol, not FLARE, Luna, and Sol. Besides, that's a hack.

That's just a picture of someone about to die (and someone about to get magically healed through bloodshed). What I find funniest though is that he's just outright ignoring Nilhill.

That's just a picture of someone about to die (and someone about to get magically healed through bloodshed). What I find funniest though is that he's just outright ignoring Nilhill.

I still don't understand what it has to do with my skill idea.

But, I also find that image funny because Edward could NEVER logically or statistically beat Ike. Ike would squish the kid in one blow. Well, maybe two. But still.

Edited by Anacybele