What do you hate about RD?

Knife

What you hate about Brawl RD?

Unlike a lot of people, I don't mind the high difficulty. But one thing I did hate about RD is how easy it is to recruit characters. 90% of the characters automatically join your team, with nothing required, or under extremely easy conditions. The game itself is hard, but recruiting characters is nothing compared to the previous FEs. The only person I see as a real challenge to recruit is Stefan and

Lehran

Anyway, what you you guys hate about RD?

Edited by Knife

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Though none really comes to mind, I hate the constant use of similes in the opening of chapters. They're fine for the first two or three times but now I just think that the writers of them can't go on without using the words like or as.

That, and like many others, lack of a real support system. The Converse function hardly is considered real development between characters. Special endings for A level supports. D:

Laguz timers, that's what really made me steer away from Laguz.

Availability for some characters. I really want to use Marcia for the next playthrough but she's hardly seen in part 2 and 3, I got PoR bonuses for her too. :<

Paladin caps as Gold/Silver Knights, there's hardly anything special about them, units like Oscar, Kieran, Titania and the other paladins have tons of potential but are hindered because they cap it very early on.

Variety of skills, I was hoping Elincia would have a unique skill other than Mercy, but I shouldn't complain, she activates Stun very often. Mist also has Sol, which I wish she had something unique too, but not asking for something like Eclipse, that's seriously the cheapest skill out there, 5x damage and nullifying defense. >__>

Edited by Wil

Supports.

The recruiting characters thing wasn't a big deal, better than FE6 for sure.

I don't really have problems with this game other than the lack of real support convos, which I can understand.

Fix'd for you.
Trust me, he isn't complaining in the least bit.

She's right. There's plenty of hot girls in this game. That just gives it a bonus

So you think the game is perfect, no flaws at all?

I can't think of any at the moment... I'm sure I'll think of something that bugged me

Oh yeah... Sothe's strength cap. IT SUCKS!!! He uses the weakest wepaons and has the lowest strength cap. They could've made him a lot better

So you think the game is perfect, no flaws at all?

I know you said this to CGV but...

I don't think it's perfect, I just don't think there's anything wrong with it. There are always ways to improve, but that doesn't make something bad.

No fixed mode :(

Huge differences in the characters' usefulness (Tormod, Vika, and Muarim I'm looking at you)

No real supports

Mist and Muarim are the same person

otherwise a kick ass game

Edited by Myrrh

No fixed mode :(

Huge differences in the characters' usefulness (Tormod, Vika, and Muarim I'm looking at you)

No real supports

Mist and Muarim are the same person

otherwise a kick ass game

You mean that dialogue mix up?

I'd like to be able to use the characters I want when I want. The splitting of the teams helped to let you use more characters, but I think I'd rather be able to pick a few characters and use them each level. Like in Por.

I appreaciate the thought, but I'd rather have the characters that I get to stay got.

I'd like to be able to use the characters I want when I want. The splitting of the teams helped to let you use more characters, but I think I'd rather be able to pick a few characters and use them each level. Like in Por.

I appreaciate the thought, but I'd rather have the characters that I get to stay got.

This. It is hard to do any type of specific playthrough because you can't really choose your teams.

No real support system and I feel that the 3rd tier skills are way overpowered.

However, I like the different parts and splitting into teams, because it allows me to use guys where othetwise I wouldn't think of using them.

Supports.

Case closed.

Oh, and non royal non heron Laguz arn't very good...

(I actually found the difficulty to be quite satisfying. Not too easy, yet not frustratingly difficult [except in some of Micaiah's missions] Also, I agree that the characters are too easy to recruit. There wasn't much challenge in that department.)

I hated the supports, naturally. And lack of paired endings. And how some characters had next to no personality.

There were also times I thought that there were too many phases. Other phase, allied phase, blah. I mean, I understand the need for them, it's just that they ended up doing stupid things that irritated me. Otherwise I could tolerate them. XD

Variety of skills, I was hoping Elincia would have a unique skill other than Mercy, but I shouldn't complain, she activates Stun very often. Mist also has Sol, which I wish she had something unique too, but not asking for something like Eclipse, that's seriously the cheapest skill out there, 5x damage and nullifying defense. >__>

He's the Black Knight. He has cheap written on his armor.

Oh, and non royal non heron Laguz arn't very good...

I thought so, too, but I used a few of them and they turned out quite good. I like them better now that they can retalliate when untransformed

He's the Black Knight. He has cheap written on his armor.

[joking]really? where?[/joking]

WAIT

Remembered something else I hated:

Its graphics are a bit lackluster. Sure it's an improvement of PoR, but not much. I hoped that the character models would've been more detailed and even the sprite models for when characters talk.

The cut-scenes were cool and very detailed, don't get me wrong. The only problem I saw with the cut-scenes is the corny voice overs, especially Tibarns, "To wing brothers! Keep up with me if you can!" I lol'd