The Great Purge

Life

It's also easy to immediately turn a lot of people off by implying in any way that they should follow an example of Something Awful's. Different posting standards aside, the first thing to come to mind is "what, those douchebags who think paying to join a forum makes the experience any better?" Even if SA has any number of easily arguable virtues, and even if its workings have nothing to do with your point, it's just really hard to bring into a conversation as legit support without things spiraling out in unnecessary directions.

i don't actually visit sa, i just strongly agree with that part of their ruleset because it's a solid standard that can be applied well to pretty much any forum. i wasn't intending to exalt somethingawful, just credit the source

i understand where you're coming from with the rest of your post and basically agree with you, but didn't really make that post expecting everybody to ~INSTANTLY TAKE MY ADVICE TO HEART woah~ because attempting to change the tone of a forum actually does tend to be impossible and a huge waste of time. this is something i know from experience on a site where i actually was in a higher position. if anything, what i said was just a relevant response i was throwing out there on the subject of shitty posts because i wanted to vent about the kind of junk on the internet that constantly makes me groan, and if somebody felt like gaining something from it then ok that's cool but i wasn't particularly expectant

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic