How do you prefer to buy your games, going to a store and buying the hard copy or downloading it?

Gold Vanguard

46 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

I almost always actually like to have physical copies of games, but downloading is often so much more convenient that I'll take it if I have the option.

Well some games just feel a bit easier to play with an actual controller.

Besides that, I haven't had a computer/laptop that runs games well yet x3 So so far I have just been preferring the hard copies~

The only time I actually download my games is Steam.

Otherwise, I want a hard copy as much as possible.

Though considering how hard some hard copies of certain games are hard to come by, I sometimes have to get the download version.

lololololololol Japanese games.

Steam is great, but I really dislike how some companies lock you out of your game if you aren't connected to the internet.

This gives me the feeling that I don't really own my game, and they can take it away whenever they want to.

Im a bit of both actually. I like how downloading saves me the trouble of hunting down the game and i can just download it and have it right away. But when it comes to certain games/series, i gotta have the actual hard copy. With Zelda, i have to have the actual copy of the game. But theres some things i dont mind just downloading. Mostly 3DS stuff. Like, i actually plan to download FE Awakening if the option is going to be available.

Pretty much the only thing I feel good with buying online is Steam, and even then I'd much rather have a box somewhere. It's not so much the having a physical disc, but rather the box and paper instruction manual for me.

Steam is great, but I really dislike how some companies lock you out of your game if you aren't connected to the internet.

This gives me the feeling that I don't really own my game, and they can take it away whenever they want to.

You don't actually have to be connected to the internet for most steam games, you know.

Also, I live in Argentina and my platform of choice is PC. It is just really difficult to find games in the first place and getting them for a good price is impossible. I really don't think I've seen any physical copies of PC games that aren't Portal, honestly. Steam is really convenient and you can just. Buy games whenever. And there you go, it's there.

I also am not a sentimental piece of shit and hate DVDs and boxes and manuals etc. i just

ugh

fucken dvds

Edited by Stolypin Necktie

You don't actually have to be connected to the internet for most steam games, you know.

I'm aware of that. I was talking about xbox live (and I think EA origin) about the locking you out of your content when not connected to the internet.

I oftenly download my games in both options. I think I've only brought 3 games so far (without pirating). I think this is justified in my case since everything here is expensive as hell (Skyrim is roughly 180 bucks here), there's no way I'm going to spend that much money in a single game. And don't let me get started with the consoles' prices.

When I start working, I'll consider stopping. Until then, I'll join Jack Sparrow on his adventures.

If it's a PC game I'd prefer to download. If it's a console or handheld game I prefer having the official, cartridge and case.

Uh, same thing here. At least PC games are purchasable, so I tend to buy through Steam. Sooo much practical.

Edited by Rapier