How did everyone get into Fire Emblem games

Xeroix

I played FE7 when it came to America as Fire Emblem, and even though I had played SSBM, I didn't actually care about Marth or Roy then, so that didn't actually influence my decision. What influenced it was that my mom had gotten me Fire Emblem and Final Fantasy: Tactics Advance at the same time, and after playing both for about 10 minutes, I immediately fell in love with FE's art style and way that it talked to you, the player. That's really the thing that has kept me hooked on Fire Emblem for all these years; this personal feeling that you get from playing and fighting with these characters. Even though FE7 and 13 are the only ones I've played where the player is mentioned, it still feels like I'm there, and when a unit dies, I take it as personally as I did when I first played FE7.

Edited by Gcubedude

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I played FE7 when it came to America as Fire Emblem, and even though I had played SSBM, I didn't actually care about Marth or Roy then, so that didn't actually influence my decision. What influenced it was that my mom had gotten me Fire Emblem and Final Fantasy: Tactics Advance at the same time, and after playing both for about 10 minutes, I immediately fell in love with FE's art style and way that it talked to you, the player. That's really the thing that has kept me hooked on Fire Emblem for all these years; this personal feeling that you get from playing and fighting with these characters. Even though FE7 and 13 are the only ones I've played where the player is mentioned, it still feels like I'm there, and when a unit dies, I take it as personally as I did when I first played FE7.

I agree with a lot of these points it really does feel like there is a connection between you the player and the game... it is a very rare feeling nowadays in games. I first heard of Fire Emblem through Super Smash but I never played as Roy or Marth even though they seemed like my type of characters!

What drew me back was one day when I was looking at a wiki of top GBA games back in 2002 or 3 and I saw Fire Emblem on the list... I couldn't believe I had never played it. Needless to say my love for my alltime favorite series was born.

I am not really a huge strategy buff but I am a huge RPG nerd and I love experience, stats, and leveling up. So this game was a match made in heaven especially since there is no such thing as "random encounters". But I also love the fact that you can grind in this game as well because that is what me like RPGs to begin with. Really you choose your own playstyle in most of the Fire Emblems... you aren't restricted by one play type and that is very addicting.

• 2 weeks later...

One of my friends in early elementary showed me the game on a field trip. I distinctly remember him promoting the game because "it has people throwing axes at other people and pulling it back with a chain!" Instantly went out and bought the game afterwards.

Edited by Constable Reggie

Advance Wars --> Fire Emblem.

I'm always a bit surprised that there wasn't more people who got into Fire Emblem due to liking Advance Wars.

I got into Radiant Dawn when I was beating in Part 1 thats how I began to love it then I starting loving FE. Also I did alot of people about the 13 games' stories but find Radiant Dawn's story the best. In my point of view.

I began with FE7, the first one to come here.

I don't really remember how I heard about it though...

Must have heard on it on a magazine...

I know that I played atlest 2-3 times before understanding how supports works, and I sacrificed Priscilla and Rath against the final Boss.

This is the game I played themost, but I'd like to try it again someday, with a smarter play.

My brother got Shadow Dragon a for Christmas after loving Marth in SSBB. After a while he let my twin play it and when summer hit he let me play it. All throughout my first play through I kept telling myself "I'm glad I didn't buy this", and "It's fun but it's not for me" after every time someone died, but eventually I did beat it, and when I did all I could think was "I need to play that again, right now". I played it so many times until I got Blazing Swords near the end of summer. Then I got Sacred Stones in November, Path of Radiance this year for Christmas, and Awakening in early February. Best summer ever.

• 4 weeks later...

I discovered the series for a reason most people would find funny: I was searching for RPG-style games which contained romantic subplots about childhood friends (who knows why so many people hate this thing). So I read about the Fire Emblem series and started playing in chronological order starting with Shadow Dragon (not that I play only because of the pairings, but that's the reason I first heard of the series).

This is going to be pretty long.... and stupid

I was browsing TV Tropes, and i read a specific line there

"ike is broken"

"If your unit is too strong in FE, they become less useful because enemies will not attack them"

For your reference that was around the time when Canas being broken are common knowledge, and Nino is considered good

Something like that. I got interested in FE thanks to this line, and started with FE7. Put simply, i made it through LHM and give up at Erk recruitment chapters.

IIRC one of the first impression i got with the game is how Cavaliers feels rather broken because they doubles, and has good mov. And their stats are suspiciously high, which turns me off from using them.

After that, it took like.... years before i started to play FE "seriously". I tried 8 at times, and stopped during the beggining of the route split. The first FE that i beat are technically an AR'ed run of Shadow Dragon, after reading somewhere on the net on how Forges are broken in SD. After that, i have a hiatus again until one day, i saw the "best palladin" thread on Gamefaqs and someone posted Seth, with a link to Top 30 Unit of All Time topic in SF.

I must admit that Mekkah's "Top 30 Unit of All Time" topic are the real reason i started to play FE "seriously".

I read how Seth is broken, Marcus is broken, Sigurd is broken, and then i started to play FE7 again(to use Marcus), and then FE8(to use Seth).

That is around the time when FE12 Patch are released. I tried FE12 with the patch, got sick, and i kinda stopped playing 12 to return to 7.

After that, i tried 6, 5, 4, and recently 1 and 3.

still no Ike until Awakening. Irony at its best

Edited by JSND

My first FE is FE3 on SNES

Never finish it at that time but it make me fall in love with fire emblem game.

years later, FE4 got release in Japan and my local game magazine really hype about it.

So, I'm start keeping my pocket money and then buy FE4 cartridge.

I didn't know Japanese but thanks to my local game magazine, I know a basic story and game system.

Oh,man and then Chapter 5 happen...........................

Well, Let's say, It became my childhood little trauma.(I'm just 11 at that time)

Edited by Jimmy_Smith

Borrowed FE7 in grade school but didn't care for it much. Fast-forward 7 years and I buy the 3DS in its first months, getting Sacred Stones for free. In short, I took a risk with the 3DS and it was worth it

Well, my first taste of Fire Emblem was in Super Smash Bros. Melee. I had no clue at all who Marth and Roy were, and I wasn't very internet-savvy at the time, so I was very curious on who they were. Then, about a year or so later, I remember Nintendo Power doing a coverage of Blazing Sword, and I was very intrested. So, I rented in at Blockbuster and that was the start of it.

I once stumbled into my brother's room while he was playing Path Of Radiance. It looked very interesting to me, so about a year later I chucked the disc into the gamecube and gave it a spin.

I never let go of the thing now.