Shattered Honour Chapter Seven

Parrhesia

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Applause. More coins.

Jayne's not done yet, though. She desperately pushes against you, but you force her back and finally to the ground.

More cheering from the crowd, as a third man steps up. His hair is a greasy mullet, he's unshaven and he smells of rotten flesh. But can you beat him?

Chrys recovers 10 HP; is now at 23.

RICK

Str 6

Sta 2

Dex 2

Agi 5

Edited by Furetchen

Jordan strolled right up to the counter of the fletcher, leaned his elbow on it, pointed at a windlass and asked with a smile, "how much?"

"Thirty crowns, sunshine," says Chase, smiling winningly. "Finest catgut string, that is, and made from South Bernician cypress."

Before third battle

Chrysanthum pounces onto Jayne and pins her firmly.

"You are my prize! Await me and I shall join you after the fight ends!"

Battle

Once more, Chrysanthum lunges at Rick and manages to grab hold of him firmly. He then performs a complex vertical suplex manoeuvre and slams Rick to the ground with force.

[spoiler=Rolls]Chrys grab

Rick notgrab

Chrys throw

Rick thrown

"Thirty crowns, sunshine," says Chase, smiling winningly. "Finest catgut string, that is, and made from South Bernician cypress."

Enthralled with the idea of getting something new, Jordan almost forgot about the fine weapon on his back. Almost. He cleared his throat and tried to tone down his enthusiasm. "That does sound impressive, yes, but I do still have this lovely cranequin. Is your crossbow able to pack more of a punch, I wonder?"

Before third battle

Chrysanthum pounces onto Jayne and pins her firmly.

"You are my prize! Await me and I shall join you after the fight ends!"

"My hero," she whispers, tears in her eyes.

The crowd grows, and the next challenger is clearly a knight of some sort. He throws off his red cloak and slams his fists against each other.

EDWARD

Str 7

Sta 4

Dex 4

Agi 4

Chrys restores HP to full.

Enthralled with the idea of getting something new, Jordan almost forgot about the fine weapon on his back. Almost. He cleared his throat and tried to tone down his enthusiasm. "That does sound impressive, yes, but I do still have this lovely cranequin. Is your crossbow able to pack more of a punch, I wonder?"

"Show me it!" Upon seeing it, Chase spits on it. "Hah! I shit on such shoddy workmanship. Hardly worth the wood it was made from. I assure you, any of my bows would be the finer."

Jordan frowned, and spit back at the man's counter. "I'll buy no weapon from someone who dares spit upon my own! Good day, sir!" He turned and left the establishment in a hurry, finding Jacob and Leonhard still outside. "Well, that was a bust. What are you two still standing around for? Get enthralled within Chrys's fight? Wait is that even still going on?" The crowd was still cheering so something had to be happening. "WELL. Maybe we should watch."

Irene glances at Jack and Jacqui and grins. Gesturing to the few remaining members of the group, she says, "Alright, lets go. Leave these two alone for a while." Once outside, she turns to Cole. "So, Cole. Glad you've joined us. Care to watch some of the members of our group show off?" Without really waiting for an answer, she heads off to where Chrys is making a big scene.

Meanwhile, Jack mutters about women and then turns back to Jacqui. "So... how have things been? You're alive, thankfully. What news can you give me? How... how are you?"

EDWARD SHOVES

You shove back, harder, and he staggers back.

Meanwhile, Jack mutters about women and then turns back to Jacqui. "So... how have things been? You're alive, thankfully. What news can you give me? How... how are you?"

Jacqui sighs. "Well as they can be expected. I've killed three assassins already. ... What of you?"

"3 assassins, eh? Nice going, I suppose. As for me, well, you know. The usual. Doing missions, doing my best to stay alive. Trying my best to keep this group in order. Near impossible job, that. Oh, got promoted to Captain. And, well, just tried my hardest to keep everyone alive. Kept most of them alive I suppose. But not all."

Jacqui shakes her head. "You can never save 'em all. Best just to strike out for yourself in a world like this."

She looks, to your surprise, more than a little bitter about your being catapulted up the ranks.

MEANWHILE, EDWARD SHOVES

NOTHING CHANGES

The crowd cheers, and throws a volley of coins at Ratter. A beefy man smelling of wine shoves Jordan forward. "'Ave at 'im, shortarse! I got six crowns runnin' on you!"

"Oh this is not going to be pleasant..." That move Chrys had done before Jordan was forced into hell looked like it might work, and so he attempted to pick up the man, failing to even get his feet off the ground. "Not the face."