Shattered Honour Chapter Seven

Parrhesia

The crowd cheers. Ratter has more coins thrown at him.

The guy who threw Jordan into the ring shoves him back at Chrys. "FINISH 'IM!" he roars.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Ooof!" The boy stumbled back, glad he hadn't been socked in the face. Chrys still towered over him, but he had to try again. But not before being shoved back up to Chrys by the same man who had flung him in there. At least this gives me a chance...! He tried to get a hold on Chrys again, but couldn't keep it.

The guy who bet six crowns on Jordan gives him a good kicking while he's down.

Meanwhile, a sixth challenger arrives, all brawn, sinew and beard. He wears the garb of a poor, but skilled mercenary. And he looks determined to claim the reward.

EXAVIER

Str 6

Sta 7

Dex 10

Agi 6

Jordan, hurting, but now back at the end of the crowd, pointed at Chrys on the ground. "See, that's what I was trying to do. So, Jacob, Leonhard, how are you two?" He groaned and coughed as he spoke.

Edited by seph1212

Jacob laughs.

"We're doing better than you. Was that fun for you?"

"Sure, except the sharp pain still residing in my stomach. But it wasn't... the worst."

"Don't get ahead of yourself. That man has amazing skill and experience...he must have done this many, many times."

"Don't worry, I said try. I doubt it ever would've worked. You're too much man for me to handle, Chrys."

"Hey now, I don't appreciate guys like you messing around with my companions." Leonhard stated, as he stepped up to the man who threw Jordan into the ring, and consequently kicked him when he was down, and gave him a good hard fist to the face, before drawing his cleaver.

"Don't get up if you know what's good for you. Next time keep those who want no place in your prizefights out of them."

Someone smashes Leonhard's skull in from behind. Another two grab Jacob and wrestle him to the ground, before a third puts the boot in. A wild punch impacts with Jordan's jaw.

You sense that this was really fucking stupid of you.

Somehow, the combat swirls a respectful distance away from the mouse that roared and the other guy.

Jordan took the punch, and gladly sprawled away from the beginning of yet another huge brawl. Even if he was glad that Leonhard had stepped up for him, he wasn't about to try his luck against any of these men. Especially now that his stomach, and jaw hurt.

Jacqui dashes up. "The hell's going on out there?"

She rushes out, shoving her way through the mob. "Make yourself scarce, people," she snarls, and the people decide to agree with the mad-eyed person with the cleavers at her belt.

Edited by Furetchen

Bilbo suddenly remembers he exists in the physical plane.

His healer senses are tingling. He runs towards the spot where Leonhard is and almost trips on him. Examines his head, mutters: "concussion, i gotta ram some salts under his nose, don't let his tongue go in his throat," louder: "Water!"

Still rubbing his jaw, Jordan was about to help Leonhard up, when Bilbo exploded out of their tavern. "Well, I guess that takes care of that. Is he gonna be alright?"

Edited by seph1212