Weird AI

Lien

Is there any reason why the AI should be moving into melee range of my units (even the Archer) and not attacking unless they began Enemy Phase within attack range?

As humorous as it is to have them follow me around...

The only relevant bits of code should be...

UNIT Bandit Brigand Batta Level(1,Enemy,True) [5,3] [5,3] [ironAxe] [0x0,0x3,0x0,0x20]
UNIT Bandit Brigand Batta Level(1,Enemy,True) [9,3] [9,3] [ironAxe] [0x0,0x3,0x0,0x20]
UNIT Bandit Archer Batta Level(1,Enemy,True) [9,2] [9,2] [ironBow] [0x0,0x3,0x0,0x20]
EnemiesCharge:
CHAI [9,2] [0x0,0x0,0x0,0x0]
CHAI [9,3] [0x0,0x0,0x0,0x0]
CHAI [5,3] [0x0,0x0,0x0,0x0]

...changing them from (hypothetically) boss AI to "nothing specific" on Turn 3.

Thanks beforehand~

wait

what is supposed to be happening?

[00000000] is the AI for "walk towards player units and blindly attack"

I'm not even sure how a unit would be able to get into melee range of another without being able to attack itself

you can set [0x00,0x03,0x09,0x00] as the initial AI and CHAI to [0x00,0x02,0x02,0x00] if you want them to go from standing still to becoming aggro

[0x00,0x03,0x09,0x00] doesn't keep enemies from attacking you if your units are in their range, but from what i've tried, i can't get CHAI to work if the enemy is initially set to not move at all

Is there any reason why the AI should be moving into melee range of my units (even the Archer) and not attacking unless they began Enemy Phase within attack range?

This sentence doesn't make sense to me... any reason why AI should be... negative... >< alsdkjad can't comprehend, could you fix it up for me?

on a side note

[0x0,0x3,0x0,0x20]

I know the code as [0x00,0x03,0x09,0x20] though I doubt it'll make a difference

just did a little look-in to how AI works and it's pretty complicated and I have a feeling the CHAI is an "incomplete code" that doesn't account for everything involved in controlling AI but rather only half of it (resulting in "weird effects"). An ASM hack or two could probably fix it but it'd take a lot of work and I don't even have any proof of anything not working and I wouldn't even know what to do so... I probably won't be of much help here >< maybe Cam, he actually knows how to ASM hack

I thought this was going to be a thread about Weird Al.

Such a letdown.

To answer the question, yes, there's a reason; it's because the game is retroactively punishing you for not making this thread about Weird Al.