Pokemon X and Y

Jaybee

So the Nintendo Direct video just ended and HOLY CRAP THIS IS AWESOME

Worldwide release (SERIOUSLY) of Pokemon X and Y in October 2013. Animations look pretty amazing (They move the camera and stuff!), they do close ups on some attacks etc and IT'S IN 3D FOR 3DS WOOHOO

Link to the video is here

Edited by Shatter

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YES! Looks nice, but I really liked it when they stayed with precious metals and stones, I've been waiting for Topaz and Amethyst or Opal and Turquoise, I bet there will be a 3rd "Z" this time around too. Please make a Ruby&Sapphire Remake next!

I don't like the fact that Rudolph's rejected cousin is one of the legendaries, but meh.

Edited by Knight

Grass starter owns and we get another DEER

YAY

Am I the only one that thinks it's a little too soon for another generation of Pokemon? Granted, the fire starter has my attention and there is still a while until it's released. I'm a bit skeptical of the timing that they decided on.

It seems early, but it's actually about the same amount of time. Gen IV was just unusually long.

Finally, I like the fire starter again at least, Blaziken was to me, the last cool fire starter. (And perhaps last cool fire Pokemon IMO)

I must say, I'm impressed with the animations, but can they do all that with potentially 800 Pokemon? Or More?

Edited by Knight

So hype all of my hype oh gosh I teared up. I don't even know which starter I like more out of the bunch, they all look interesting. The grass starter has an edge, though.

Pokemon Chromosome

Edited by Emerald Knight

I just watched the stream again, in English this time, and I just noticed that the new region looked kind of... Parisian? So I guess were out of America and into France. XD

Is there a Dark gym yet

But seriously, this looks awesome. Finally, a main series Pokemon game with 3D models for both characters and locations. (Not that I have a problem with sprites, mind you) It does occur to me, though, that the male hero's color palette is recycled from Hilbert and Nate, which is a little disappointing but irrelevent in the grand scheme of things. Also, god dang, those starters are adorable. Especially the Fire starter, which looks to finally be not Fire/Fighting, breaking off GameFreak's ongoing combo assault at 3 consecutive hits. The Grass starter is lookin' kinda neat, although I'd really like to see the direction in which its evolution takes it before making assumptions. The Water starter being a frog is unexpected (by me, at least) but nice; it's a creature that is easily associated with its element, and its coloration goes well with its shape.

As for the legendaries, I like them both; they're majestic an elegant, making them, in that sense, my ideal legendaries. Based on the creatures' shapes, X will get the stagthing and Y will get the birdragonthing. Unless they pull a Black/White and give us the one whose color matches the other version, but that's unlikely because the Yin/Yang imagery isn't present in the new naming theme.

Speaking of the naming scheme, it's... odd. I don't hate it, but I can't really say I'm completely in favor of it, either. The logos are cool enough, though, and the fact that the titles and a few of the gameplay clips indicate a more sci-fi slant to the storyline is fine by me.

Pokemon Chromosome

If X and Y make a boy then what happens come the inevitable addition of Z?

Edited by Starlight36

I was watching the trailer, then noticed... there's Pokemon from every single region.

That's good, I guess, but... if they were to add every single Pokemon, then that's over six hundred... PLUS, if they add, say, another 150 Pokemon, then we'll have, like, 800 Pokemon. (That's wa~ay to many, in my opinion.)

And perhaps last cool fire Pokemon IMO

I thought Infernape and Chandelure were pretty cool.

Anyway...

3DPOKEMONGAMEOHMYGODYESI'm looking forward to this.

I'm really liking the animations, and that flying legendary(I know what version I'm getting).

That's good, I guess, but... if they were to add every single Pokemon, then that's over six hundred... PLUS, if they add, say, another 150 Pokemon, then we'll have, like, 800 Pokemon. (That's wa~ay to many, in my opinion.)

I'll still be able to remember all of their names

Edited by RayDavid99

If X and Y make a boy then what happens come the inevitable addition of Z?

Iunno, they might not have a third version again. If they do, I hope it won't be Z, too easy,

And I just noticed that the grass starter isn't reptilian in apperance. Whelp.

I was watching the trailer, then noticed... there's Pokemon from every single region.

It may only be the Gold/Silver to Red/Blue i.e. they may only choose to add a small(er) amount of pokemon and recycle some old ones.

Am I the only one that thinks it's a little too soon for another generation of Pokemon? Granted, the fire starter has my attention and there is still a while until it's released. I'm a bit skeptical of the timing that they decided on.

There's been some speculation about an early release for Gen 6 for a while. Mostly based on how the secret legendaries were being revealed so fast that Meloetta was just thrown into a short movie with hardly any publicity.

I'm more amazed by it being an international release. That's pretty awesome. I gotta wonder how much that's going to screw up the timing of releasing the TCG sets, though.

For some reason, the grass starter looks really familiar. :blink:

So hype all of my hype oh gosh I teared up. I don't even know which starter I like more out of the bunch, they all look interesting. The grass starter has an edge, though.

We both know which one we're going to pick.

It may only be the Gold/Silver to Red/Blue i.e. they may only choose to add a small(er) amount of pokemon and recycle some old ones.

Then why Patrat...?! I'd much rather have Rattata... Sentret... or Zigzagoon; but not Bidoof. Please, not Bidoof. I hate Bidoof. :(

Actually~ I take that back. Bidoof is better than than the rest... it makes an excellent HM slave. XD (Although Zigzagoon does that just as well... while looking better.)

Edit: @RayDavid99

I'll still be able to remember all of their names

Haha... Same here!

Hm, I wonder if it'll be on the eShop...

Actually, I don't. It's going to be on the eShop. It is Pokemon, after all.

Edited by fireemblemfan4ever

Froakie makes me think about Uncle Scrooge ;)

I also like that theykeep a 2d feel to the game (drawing line...)

I actually really like the design of the starters here...

The legendary looks strange... It's as if the starters and legendary were for a completely different game...

It's also seems pretty short because Black 2/ White 2 have less than a year, I think.

So, speculation time : What do you think the 2 legendaries stand for ?

Iunno, they might not have a third version again. If they do, I hope it won't be Z, too easy,

Well, I think a potential third needs to fit with the theme, otherwise it'd just look weird and out-of-place next to X and Y. Perhaps the third could be Pokemon W? Or a different, totally random letter of the alphabet. Of course, they could always follow after Gen V and have sequels instead of a third...

And I just noticed that the grass starter isn't reptilian in apperance. Whelp.

Indeed, and now we have at least one mammalian representative of each type, to go with the "at least one egg-layer" achieved waaaaay back in Gen I.

...That is to say, all Pokemon lay eggs except Mew. We now have at least one starter Pokemon based on a mammalian creature for each type.

Edited by Starlight36

Can't believe it's been three years since Pokemon B/W was released. =/

This generation, I think I'll refrain from checking out all the new Pokes until I have the game myself.

I'm torn between the grass and water starter (the fire starter just doesn't cut it for me), but I'm leaning towards the former.