Samias Learns Spriting

Samias

Oh god I'm sitting at school in the dark because my home phone is busy and I can't get a ride home ;n; uuughhh so I figured I would make this thread while I wait for the phone line to stop being tied up.

samias-splice1.png

This is the first FE splice I have ever done with some semi-custom work for the neck. Critiques are welcome.

Das pretty good for a first splice. If you wanted to improve it you could mess around with the shading on the back of the hair, and change around Leila's hair shading a bit to make it better (since FE sprites aren't perfect), but for a first try you've done great.

head might also be a bit large? yay only a few mistakes ~'3'~

Yeah I agree that the head seems a bit large. The neck looks like it might be a little too long as well, though that could just be because of the size of her head.

The only other thing is the black line where the pauldron meets her neck should have some anti-aliasing.

But a clean splice for your first time! :)

I'll definitely be watching you~

Wow, Samias! Nice first try! Like srsly. Like the others said, the back of the neck has jaggy shading. The chin is a bit wonky and needs some smoothing out. Both with pixels and shading. But really, this is a good first splice! I are proud!

I've been working on it but I'm worried I'm messing it up more, so once I had some more spare time I'll have to post an update. I had customed the neck in the first place because L'arachel was a bit too small of a body splice for Vaida's larger head so I was working on making them mesh better together.