Awakening is getting a demo in America next week!

Jave

I can't be sure of when the eShop updates, but I'd check around midnight or so just to see if it does update.

I just had a weird thought. Does anyone know if this demo allows us to create our own Avatars? If so, do you think it'd be possible to transfer the Avatar from the demo into the game itself? It would certainly be nice, and it would save us the trouble of having to re-do the creative process all over again.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't be sure of when the eShop updates, but I'd check around midnight or so just to see if it does update.

I just had a weird thought. Does anyone know if this demo allows us to create our own Avatars? If so, do you think it'd be possible to transfer the Avatar from the demo into the game itself? It would certainly be nice, and it would save us the trouble of having to re-do the creative process all over again.

I am 99.99% sure that you can't do that. The My Unit will probably just be the default one.

And even if you could make your avatar, I'm pretty sure that you wouldn't be able to transfer it.

Besides, it's not that much work...

Thanks guys. My despair has been allayed~

Really though, it's not so much that I imagine I'll be playing the demo 30 times; I just don't understand the point of limiting it. It seems weird to me.

Man, I hope the Avatar creator is in, even if transfers aren't possible. Who's going to be be refreshing eShop every ten minutes tomorrow? *raises hand*

I wonder if the demo will be available midnight (I'm guessing in whatever timezone NOA is)?

There's some chance of that, but more than likely, it'll show up at noon EST. As for deleting and redownloading the demo, no that won't work. It'll still keep track of the number of uses.

Don't get too hopeful with 30 uses on the demo. 30 is the standard, but there are demos with less uses. Nintendogs+Cats, Spider-Man, and Fractured Soul only have 10 uses. Adventure Time is even worse with 5.

Nintendo has being pretty generous with FE13 : Bundle, localized names, promise of all DLCs, possibility to buy via e-shop, etc.

I don't see why they wouldn't put a 30 use Demo at this point.

That would help tremendously new players to try it out and from what we are seeing with all this marketing, news and bundle, is what they want to get.

Anything less would not help in that department.

Nintendo has being pretty generous with FE13 : Bundle, localized names, promise of all DLCs, possibility to buy via e-shop, etc.

I don't see why they wouldn't put a 30 use Demo at this point.

That would help tremendously new players to try it out and from what we are seeing with all this marketing, news and bundle, is what they want to get.

Anything less would not help in that department.

They really are putting more effort into it than normal. It's quite pleasant to see.

They really are putting more effort into it than normal. It's quite pleasant to see.

It really is exciting. Hopefully it brings many new fans so that Fire Emblem gets the attention it deserves. I know some people are complaining that it has a casual mode but if we are to get new fans the casual player has to like it too.

Wake up

Leave your hesitation

Wake up

Time for us to realize

HOW AWESOME THIS GAME IS BY REFRESHING THE MENU CONSTANTLY <3

jk I'm only refreshing around suspicious times (12AM EST, 12AM PST, 12AM EST, 12AM PST) until I see it XD

[/fangasms]

Oh, the demo won't actually show up until noon? Oh well, it's worth the wait, methinks. ^^

But what's this about a number of uses? You all are telling me that the demo can only be played a limited number of times? That sucks, cause I have a feeling I'll be addicted to this thing until the 4th. xP

Well, good thing I do have other things I could do in the meantime as well.

Oh, the demo won't actually show up until noon? Oh well, it's worth the wait, methinks. ^^

But what's this about a number of uses? You all are telling me that the demo can only be played a limited number of times? That sucks, cause I have a feeling I'll be addicted to this thing until the 4th. xP

Well, good thing I do have other things I could do in the meantime as well.

Every demo that's on the eShop has a certain number of times you can play it (one play determined by opening and closing out of the demo). Most of the time, the demo size is 30 uses, but there have been demos that have been smaller. The only time I remember there being a demo w/ unlimited uses is Theatrhythm Final Fantasy, though I don't know if NoA did anything to fix the number of uses it has.

Anyway, about an hour and a half more. The wait is killing me!!!