The ratings have died.

Fireman

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the points made by Vincent.

But one good thing I think the stars may have done or would have been capable of doing, is push people to become and/or remain good members of the forest. I'm just guessing here, but users who check their profile and see only two stars; if they cared enough, they should think along the lines of "I'd better do something about this", and should begin pushing themselves to be better members.

Whether the above ever happened or would ever have happened is beyond me, but other than what I think they may have been good for, they were pretty pointless and only made people's profiles look slightly prettier.

Edited by Raven

But one good thing I think the stars may have done or would have been capable of doing, is push people to become and/or remain good members of the forest. I'm just guessing here, but users who check their profile and see only two stars; if they cared enough, they should think along the lines of "I'd better do something about this", and should begin pushing themselves to be better members.

Whether the above ever happened or would ever have happened is beyond me, but other than what I think they may have been good for, they were pretty pointless and only made people's profiles look slightly prettier.

This! I totally agree.

That is what I told him.

I told vincent that it is a game, one day you have 5 or 4.The next because you pissed someone off you get 2 and I was thinking it was getting out of hand.

That makes sense. But getting rid of the star rating isn't going to change the fact that people piss other people off. If someone had annoyed someone or maybe even more than one person, it isn't impossible to make things right again and earn back the stars they once had. It's just a matter of being good to other members and showing eachother some respect. But again, the star ratings were just visual confirmation of how much someone is liked on average by those who cared to rate and give stars to other members. People will still continue to like and dislike other members even with the star rating gone. As I said, people who want to be liked and respected need to work on it over time, it won't happen overnight.