Strunk plays Fire Emblem : Sword of Seals!

Strunk

You're very persuasive, much more so than the common audience member! As a random and totally not important question, say someone was planning to unlock the bonus chapters and/or True Ending. Would there be any certain types of units that would be absolutely necessary?

Haha, thank you.

And no, not really. Gaidens usually are visited if a turncount requirement is met and certain characters are recruited and alive.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, from what I've read, Hugh is waaay too useful, so he's being eliminated~

Wendy sounds like a lot of fun, though, so the list aint gettin' any smaller! Maybe some polls would help out after all?

Maybe we'll even host tournaments or something!

Would you happen to mean a guy called Ogier/Oujay? I can't find any info on an Ouifey, so I can only guess, personally. Either way, it'll be considered.

D'oh, yes I do. I got him mixed up with the guy from FE4 again.

Made a poll. Vote for whatever. Oh, and each character has some nice invisible points assigned to them based on random stuff in my own head, so things may not be going in the direction they seem.

Your team will be 5 people from this list and Roy? You'll probably be needing a healer too.

You'd be surprised what can be accomplished without a healer (feel free to suggest someone if you'd like, I can always edit the poll). Also, Wolt is officially being used, unless somebody brings up some very good reasons not to use him. Oh, and

The usual five, and that's including Roy

Ellen's a good/bad choice of healer, although it means ANOTHER glass cannon mage...you're probably better off just using potions until Lilina hits promotion, her high MAG makes her an awesome healer.

Well, the problem with that is that Lilina won't be hitting C staves (at least, not in any reasonable timeframe), and status staves are a serious pain, especially in a game like this where most non-mages have virtually no res to speak of.

Edited by Levant Fortner

You'd be surprised what can be accomplished without a healer

Eh, part of me wants to agree with this but the other half says no. With your small team and the enemy density, your units will be so swarmed that it'll be hard for Ellen to get close, plus she's 1hko'd by almost everything forever. It might be more of problem than a help. But then sometimes it feels like vulneraries alone aren't enough.

It sounds like this is your first time playing this game. Are you sure you want to use all horrible units on your first try AND do hard mode?

It sounds like this is your first time playing this game. Are you sure you want to use all horrible units on your first try AND do hard mode?

It's not the first time I'm playing, but it is the first time I'm going bother beating this thing. I got to chapter seven or eight or somethin' on hard mode, doing a run where I was training literally every character, and nobody could survive the wyverns because of my experience spread. Anyway, not sure I can handle doing all this, and I'm not one of those people that thinks they're the best there ever was or anything like that, but isn't that half the fun, anyway? It's the same reason that I beat Shadow Dragon on Hard 5 the first time. To see if I can!

...Of course, people would probably get a bit upset if I just gave up halfway through (like I would), or something, so maybe Normal mode would be more wise? Urgh.

Time for another poll!

If it isn't too late to be suggestig characters...I'd really like to suggest Treck on that list. While he is indeed mounted (he's a Cavalier), he isn't really all that useful besides what you can do with any mounted unit (Rescue-Dropping stuff). He's usually considered a little worse than Noah due to the fact he doesn't have auto Steel sword-usage and slightly worse bases. Overall, he ends up better than Noah and I've always considered him rather tanky and somewhat above-average Str in the end.

Oh, and reguarding difficulty- As much as I'd love to vote on 'dat Hard mode. I just can't, I feel it'd be rather cruel on you, especially considering your character choices.

If it isn't too late to be suggestig characters...I'd really like to suggest Treck on that list.

Oh, and reguarding difficulty- As much as I'd love to vote on 'dat Hard mode. I just can't, I feel it'd be rather cruel on you, especially considering your character choices.

I would add Treck, but I get the feeling he wouldn't get (m)any votes.

As for the difficulty setting, while I appreciate your mercy, it seems like nobody else shares it. At least they didn't pick the third option. I guess they're a bit merciful after all.

This is either going to be the best or worst time I've ever had playing Fire Emblem.

Oh, and it seems I'll probably be using Lilina, if the current poll numbers are any indication.

Added Treck and Ellen as poll options. Getting slightly ridiculous, considering we have ten contestants for three slots, but I suppose this is what happens.

Deadline for voting : Whenever I bother closing it, which will be sometime in the next sixteen hours. I'm not changing the poll anymore. Now, I'll leave it to you to decide my fate.

I'm beginning to be overcome with a horrible feeling of dread.

Alrighty then.

I voted for the last three, Oujay, Ellen and Treck. The other ones either don't catch my attention or just feel like dead-weight in HM.

Besides, Ellen is an earlygame healer. There's liek, no reason not to use her.

I voted for Tate, Noah, and Ellen:

Ellen is a healer, which are very helpful in HM. She NEEDS to be one of the picks, or else your chances for success are low.

Tate because she gets some pretty awesome HM bonuses, and you'll WANT a flier.

Noah because he's pretty good earlygame, and he'll want some statboosters as well.

Okay, the next two members of the party have been decided.

We now have

Roy

Wolt

Tate

Noah

Our remaining choices are

Sue

Lilina

Sophia

Wendy

Oujay

Ellen

Poll's over, I'll be thinking about who the fifth unit is going to be. Feel free to post any of your opinions on this selection.

Also, I got way more votes for this than I expected. It seems a ton of people are going to be watching, waiting for me to die!