USA DEMO UP!!!!

Kiego

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Normal mode is too easy. I just destroyed both maps with paired up Krom and MU with MU as the lead.

You can do that in Hard also with MU/Fred team, MU in the lead with a sword. I did it multiple times to test the growth of MU's statline with different Assets/Flaws.

Normal mode is too easy. I just destroyed both maps with paired up Krom and MU with MU as the lead.

You mean the maps that Chrom gets tinked by everything?

That changes, even on normal mode.

How did you paired up in Normal Mode Prologue/ CH1 ?

Besides, yea you can solo both maps with Chrom or MU without any support at all, but so it happened in the other games.

In Ch1, for example, all the enemies are charging at you, which actually isn't very common in a Chapter 1 map in Normal mode.

Things always change later on, but i'm glad someone alredy confirmed it does.

EDIT : Quoted the wrong person lol...too lazy to change =p

Edited by Lanko

I know, I laugh whenever I see people complain about the first 2 maps difficulty or lack there of, because well, they're the 1st two maps.

EDIT:Unless it's for Lunatic

Edited by Thunderfox

• 2 weeks later...

Dude, if you're watching my blogging about my (now declared) main run, asset and flaw doesn't mean a thing when your Def rate is still at 40% at yet you have about 13 Def at level 7/8.

If you're playing Lunatic Mode, yes, it actually means something.

My low luck had me getting critical'd on a regular basis.

My first Avatar went through 3 different 2nd tiers but still had pitiful defence and res (even as a dark peg with at least 40+ levels under my belt I only had 14 def and 18 res), but her speed was absolutely through the roof. I would say asset and flaw absolutely matters.

In a "regular enough" playthrough of Lunatic mode, for every stat except Skill and Luck, you will encounter at least one situation with some character where a single point in it can make the difference between life and death. Probably several situations, per stat.

It matters.

If you're playing Lunatic Mode, yes, it actually means something.

My low luck had me getting critical'd on a regular basis.

Oooow! ...But luck's your flaw, right? I know in Normal Mode it wouldn't matter that much, but my best is magic and flaw is speed and they're the same freaking amount at the moment. And my Def is through the roof.

My first Avatar went through 3 different 2nd tiers but still had pitiful defence and res (even as a dark peg with at least 40+ levels under my belt I only had 14 def and 18 res), but her speed was absolutely through the roof. I would say asset and flaw absolutely matters.

Well, you also have to think about the growth rates, too, and how assets and flaws affect them, so while it does matters, it's not the final say. If you choose a flaw that, in the class you've chosen, already has a low growth rate, chances are you're not going to raise them well, either. Oddly enough, my stats didn't affected Defense at ALL, my Speed growth only lost 5% thanks to having Magic as my asset, and well... *points down*

Melanie, lvl 8

HP: 22

Str: 8

Mag: 9

Skill: 8

Spd: 9 <-- Yeah, still trying to figure that out. It's my flaw.

Luck: 7

Def: 13

Res: 6

This is my stats as seen in my Streetpass Team. Do help me figure out what I've done wrong here, because I've sworn I've chosen Magic as my Asset and Speed as my Flaw.

You realize that stat growths are luck-based, right?

and why the hell would you ever make the most important stat your flaw

I've been playing the series for quiiiite a while, so I know that, but this is the first time this happens to me! I've been double-checking the rates myself, but I've never seen luck like that before!

Some of us likes a challenge, of course. ...Then again, staring at the stats, I had a very DIFFERENT type of challenge... blink.gif

I've been playing the series for quiiiite a while, so I know that, but this is the first time this happens to me! I've been double-checking the rates myself, but I've never seen luck like that before!

Some of us likes a challenge, of course. ...Then again, staring at the stats, I had a very DIFFERENT type of challenge... blink.gif

Low-probability events happen all the time; the problem is that we don't notice many of them. Flipping a coin ten times and getting the sequence HTHTHTHTTH is exactly as likely as getting the sequence HHHHHHHHHH (the probability of each sequence is 1/1024), but people will only ever remember getting the latter sequence.

Stat growths have absolutely nothing to do with confirmation bias.

Any comments on what appears to be unusual luck yet has no special cause have everything to do with confirmation bias.

Okay, so what I've figured out-

1- I can be an idiot sometimes and assume things from personal experience.

2- 1 happened because Anna the RNG goddess has been good to my Avatars so far.

3- Anything can happen, but usually choices mostly affects your Avatar's growth.

4- Lunatic Mode is the same as Touhou's Lunatic Mode, apparently.

5- I now must make a Touhou character as an Avatar.

6- Chrom is still effing sexy.

Got and played the demo. More hyped... and at the same time, less hyped. It has sedated me. It'll be my life-sustaining energy source until June. XD

Anyway, it was good... but just a glimpse of what it truly is... :(

Yeah, so...

Normal - WAY too easy. Beat it in one try.

Hard - WAY too easy. Beat it in one try.

Lunatic - ... ... ... That's a big jump. A really big jump... Beat it in, like, dunno, 8 tries? Something like that.

While Hard seems a bit... underwhelming for someone of my caliber, I'll start with it since... it may be different. Maybe. Probably not. But still. I'll just play Hard. I don't want to be resetting every chapter five times. Not in the beginning, at least.