Project X Zone localization coming Summer 2013 in NA/EU

Taichi01

NamcoBandai just announced that Project X Zone is coming to North America and Europe this summer! This is totally unbelievable. I can't...my feelings...after I imported the game last year too. Instant support!!! Banzai!!!

Oh and it will be Japanese Voice, English Sub only.

Links:

http://www.ign.com/a...o-north-america

http://www.destructo...ca-242789.phtml

https://twitter.com/NamcoBandaiUK

Edited by Taichi01

Wow, I'm actually surprised it's being brought over. That's frikkin' awesome!

Most excited about having Yuri Lowell and Kurt Irving in. Though still have much love for Chris/Jill and Ryu/Ken.

Oh and it will be Japanese Voice, English Sub only.

Gross. :(

But to each their own I suppose (no offense to those that prefer JAP voice acting)~

I am quite glad to hear this game is being localized though! I thought it looked interesting (plus where else am I going to get to play with Megaman/Zero? ;D).

Edited by eCut

X and Zero

Ha. They use X's opening stage music from X4. That's pretty awesome. And the ability X uses at the end there made me laaaaugh. Awesome throwback.

Ryu and Ken

Still my favorite right now. Just because of what Ryu does at 0:53 seconds in.

that FADC into ultra 1 HNNNNNNNG

Posted in spoilers just in case.

Edited by B00TE

How is this game played? Is it kinda like turn based action rpg-ish where you push buttons during your attack phase like Valkyrie Profile?

Units move on a grid based map. Units are usually paired up together, though there are solo units. Once you get into a fight, yeah it seems like Valkyrie Profile.

Took this from Wikipedia, if it helps:

The battle system is called the Cross Active Battle System, wherein pressing the A button in combination with the Circle Pad performs up to five basic attack combos. Additional gameplay elements include Support Attack, which allows the player to call in a nearby ally for assistance, and Cross Hit, which freezes the target in place during simultaneous attacks from multiple units. Also, the player can trigger Critical Hits by connecting their next attack just before the target hits the ground after the first. As the player's units deal damage, the player's Cross Power (XP) gauge fills up and can be used for special attacks and defensive moves on the map.

How is this game played? Is it kinda like turn based action rpg-ish where you push buttons during your attack phase like Valkyrie Profile?

It's one whole turn phase. Depending on your speed, the characters move.

Though I saw the Japanese voices only, English text coming. There's A LOT of voiced dialogue for the game for A LOT of characters.

That would have been a lot of spending for this game.

There goes my English and Japanese voices attacks exhibition.

Edited by shadowofchaos

TV Tropes has a list.

Cool, thanks.

---

Ugh, the list disappoints me. I really don't know why I even expected The iDOLM@STER would be represented luuuul. But, uhh, there are some characters who I know/like. I might check this out.

Heh, with even this being localised, my reasons for importing a 3ds have been thoroughly canned

And I'd like the option of jap voices, since Endless Frontier had it's jap voices as well(despite it being localized by ATLUS, and this is Namdai)

And slightly off-topic, question for shadow, how are Gemini and Erica in this? Are they good for practical use and do YOU use them? I've meant to ask you this for a while now

Edited by Soledai

And slightly off-topic, question for shadow, how are Gemini and Erica in this? Are they good for practical use and do YOU use them? I've meant to ask you this for a while now

I'm not that far in the game, simply due to FE13 taking up most of my 3DS time.

And I don't know much about Sakura wars.

But I laugh everytime I use those two. Especially when Erica uses her guns. I was like "WAT". Nuns with guns. And a catgirl outfit? I try to level everyone equally, even though the Jade Medal DLC you get for getting the game early gives a +20% exp boost to the two Project X Zone Original Characters I equipped it to. I've tried to switch that broken item around though.

Since I don't know much about those two, I'm not the best person to ask. But I love the animations and try to use EVERYONE. So everyone is at least usable.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I was excited for a minute, but really.

http://i.imgur.com/VwUWvyT.jpg

This does not look fun in the slightest.

I REALLY hope that's like... a bonus or New Game+ Chapter. Or at least the Final Chapter.

Because one of the most tedious things about this game, is the turn speed. Waiting for enemies to make their move takes FOREVER.