English Class Reel

Hirondelle

Again, I'm pretty sure this hasn't been shown before. This video has several English voices (albeit mostly grunts), and it sheds light on some of the localized class names:

Dracoknight -> Wyvern Rider (I could see this coming)

Griffon Knight -> Griffon Rider

Battle Monk -> War Monk (And I'm assuming Battle Cleric -> War Cleric? I'll wait for the confirmation though)

Dark Pegasus -> Dark Flier (Uh...OK)

Everything else is the same IIRC. They also don't show every class, shocker!

In other news...I'm glad Riveria's voice isn't too "womanly."

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh. They seem to have swapped out the white-haired Tactician for the red headed one they've used for the trailers though.

But Dark Flier and Griffon Rider? Really? Those are a bit of a step down overall.

Edited by Onestep

If you pay attention at the end when the screen says over 40 classes, you can see the names of some of the unfeatured classes. Dark Flier sounds wierd, and I'm disappointed that they left Bow Knight as is; it always sounded awkward to me. I am glad that they changed dracoknight to wyvern rider; I'm a nostalgic for GBA FE games and I always thought the Dragon rider class would be misleading in games with dragon units present.

Just why did they change Dragon Knights back to Wyvern Rider? Especially in Akaneia since Medon's Dragons are actual Dragons that were enslaved during the war and not Wyverns.

Edited by BrightBow

Got a good idea of what the voices might sound like but dear God, Gaia and Olivia...What happened to your voices? QQ Gaia's doesn't suit him and Olivia (might be my imagination) but it sounded very manly...

^ Actually, I rather like Gaia's. Lon'qu's is way off for me, though.

They didn't mess up Libera, omg. O_O

And lmao, Olivia sounds like a man.

Edit: I think Anna sounds a little manly too.

Edited by Keilis

^ Actually, I rather like Gaia's. Lon'qu's is way off for me, though.

They didn't mess up Libera, omg. O_O

And lmao, Olivia sounds like a man.

Edit: I think Anna sounds a little manly too.

All you heard were grunts from those last 2. They could just be deeper than how they normally speak.

And I rather like gaia's.

Log is the greatest weapon ever.

Dark Knight is the same. (It's hiding behind the C in classes at the end :p)

Huh, I would've thought they'd change it to mage knight.

Just why did they change Dragon Knights back to Wyvern Rider? Especially in Akaneia since Medon's Dragons are actual Dragons that were enslaved during the war and not Wyverns.

From what I've seen, wyverns have two legs, whereas dragons have four. The wyvern rider's mount in game has two legs.(although FE hasn't really cared much about that in the past)

Also, a bit off-topic, but I like how Paladins have res.

How in the world does Donnel lift and spin that log like that...?! :P

Seriously, he must be, like, the strongest character in the game... to be able to lift that thick and long of a log like that. o_O

Edit: Nowi speaking with her "human" voice as a dragon sounds... out of place.

Edit 2: I'm generally liking the voice acting very much. ^^ They could have made Nowi's and Ricken's voices a bit more... child-like, though.

Edit 3: So many "seasoned" characters... I wonder what they taste like. :P

Edit 4 (so many edits... :P): Yeah~ Dark Flier sounds... strange. I prefer Dark Pegasus, but... eh. It doesn't matter.

Edited by fireemblemfan4ever

I like Griffon Rider and War Monk. Sad they went with Wyvern Rider as opposed to Dracoknight, but it's nbd. Also, they went with Falcon Knight this time - interesting. I'm neutral to Dark Flier, since Dark Pegasus sounds weird to me.

Personally, I like Griffon Rider. And Dark Flier... ehh, it's fine by me, since Dark Pegasus sounds odd.

Edited by Levant Fortner