>looks at Lon'qu's and Basilio's descriptions

>gets the urge to go "KHAAAAAAAAN"

Edited by Levant Fortner

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...Has anyone noticed Lissa is "the girl most likely to snort"?

She's now a stoner

But anyway, I don't have many qualms with the names. Other than the fact that the thread has spoiled any possibility of me seeing Walhart as anything other than Walmart. CURSE YOUUUUUUUU

Even then, I don't mind it. I'll just try to see it more as "Wall-heart", although if or if not that would fit him, I don't know.

Also, I kinda like Cordelia as a name for Tiamo, although the sheer difference threw me off for a second. Even so, it's cool.

Plus, they had to change the names eventually, so I'm not complaining. Plus, who cares? It's not like it'll make the game unplayable. Eh, I guess I can just chalk it up to picky taste.

Cordelia is lovely. I like it far better than Tiamo. As for Walhart - I originally saw no problem with it, since I figured it was supposed to be German and would still be pronounced identically to Valhart. Then, like the others, I read this thread and Walmart became stuck in my head. *sigh*

If they're going with a German theme for the Valmese, does that mean 'Valm' will be pronounced 'Falm'? (as far as I know, 'V's are pronounced like 'F's in German, just as 'W's = 'V's) Has it been heard spoken yet?

Edited by Tarquin

Virion: No doubt poets would write of your grace in combat. "Stabulous", they'd say!

And I really hate the apostrophes. Renha's new name doesn't sound very Japanese, which I assume Shoshin was supposed to be. They all sound more like... Some other Asian nation now. I don't know, but all of Say'ri's MU support was "Let me talk about how Japanese I am!".

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Wutai

Edited by Mysterique Sign

I find it adorable that Donny refers to Chrom as "Your Majestyful"

Also, I was pleasantly surprised by Tiamo's localized name. I think Cordelia sounds lovely and matches her character very well.

Grima Wormtongue isn't that bad of a name for the giant dragon, if it wasn't for the fact that every fantasy nerd will be hearing it as Grima Wormtongue for the entirety of the game.

It's better than thinking of a certain dwarf every time you hear Gimle.

IT FEELS SO WRONG--wait maybe that was the point...stupid fell dragon

Also, yay for Cordelia! Cool name and VC reference FTW. And I would honestly be surprised if Walhart is indeed pronounced as it looks like. Considering the "Gregor is Russian" theory, German!Walhart would not be too much of a stretch. Real-world cultural diversity in my Fire Emblem? Can't say I'm not bored...guess I'll be on board.

Cordelia huh? I suddenly like her more now.

And Tharja has the darkest thoughts.

And what's up with Panne's artwork being edited to not show her body while Aversa's isn't.

Which they did the same for UMvC3 with Morrigan and Felicia if I recall correctly. Amusing to say the least.

Cordelia huh? I suddenly like her more now.

And Tharja has the darkest thoughts.

And what's up with Panne's artwork being edited to not show her body while Aversa's isn't.

Which they did the same for UMvC3 with Morrigan and Felicia if I recall correctly. Amusing to say the least.

That is weird, especially since she was one of the characters spotlighted on their Facebook page

If they're going with a German theme for the Valmese, does that mean 'Valm' will be pronounced 'Falm'? (as far as I know, 'V's are pronounced like 'F's in German, just as 'W's = 'V's) Has it been heard spoken yet?

That's not entirely correct. In German a "V" is either pronounced like an "F" or like a "W".

They made one little fault on the official website or maybe it are just two things.

On the site (story) it says Fell dragon Grima, but when you press on theocracy of Plegia. It says Fell dragon Gimle in that description.

Edited by pyromatic