the relationship between the characters

how you think the characters of one series is going to react to the other?

will they be friends? enemies? rivals? etc...

I think the 2 series characters are going to be enemies at first due to circumstance or it'll be a mixture of alliances and enemies between various characters in the universes, due to the morality of the SMT cast for the most part I think the 2nd is more likely

Edited by Jedi Of Connacht

A bunch of individual SMT/FE teamup duos is the first guess I come up with, maybe with some characters out on their own. Maybe something Kingdom Hearts style?

Something tells me that the characters on the SMT side would be more wary and suspicious of teaming up. I think Kazuya and the if... protagonists would probably the most trusting but still be cautious. Hitoshura would probably be that one guy who you have to beat down to get him to listen.

Well considering the original SMT cast will be in it here's how it'll possibly go.

A) Different factions with different chars working for them. Example: Chaos Hero would have brainwashed Ephram into thinking that the Law Hero kidnapped Eirika and is currently holding her prisoner when in all actuallity she is with Alph/Neutral Hero as they try to sort things

or

B)Factions are decided by Ideals such as Chrom joining with either Law or Neutral hero due to the worlds they have in mind while Eliwood may go with Chaos hero for some reason-can't really think of anyone to side with Chaos Hero over Ideals since they all seem like the goody-two shoes type. :/

The SMT characters can summon demon horses for the FE characters, maybe.

You are now imagining Hector, Krom, Ike and Sigurd riding demon horses towards the enemy lines, a stream of fire trailing behind them as the world trembles in the wake of such AWESOME and WIN.

SOMEONE MAKE THIS HAPPEN.

You are now imagining Hector, Krom, Ike and Sigurd riding demon horses towards the enemy lines, a stream of fire trailing behind them as the world trembles in the wake of such AWESOME and WIN.

SOMEONE MAKE THIS HAPPEN.

Not only that but they will also have guns

B)Factions are decided by Ideals such as Chrom joining with either Law or Neutral hero due to the worlds they have in mind while Eliwood may go with Chaos hero for some reason-can't really think of anyone to side with Chaos Hero over Ideals since they all seem like the goody-two shoes type. :/

I've played through the first SMT 1 after the announcement of this crossover... I kind of hope they go with different factions mixing characters from the two games, based on ideals.

Neutral side shouldn't be too hard to get FE characters, just look at PoR/Radiant Dawn, which was essentially SMT's neutral at least for Ike and co. Law can work fine if it isn't "Lawful stupid" here (Hi, let's nuke a city just to get everyone angry at us and fail to do any damage to the actual enemies), especially if they get Narga, that'd be easily enough to make all the Achanea and Jugdral cast join them. Chaos could be controversial, especially if they bring the usual mythological demons for the faction. Still, if they want to do something dark, rather than just plain fanservice, I think it'd be interesting to see, say, Hector going with Chaos, and Eliwood neutral or law, and ending up fighting against each other at some point. They can always go with SMT-style multiple endings but include one where everyone survives or is brought back to life in their own worlds/times at the end.

There's also always the easier choice of just throwing a bunch of FE villains to Chaos, like Ashnard and Medeus, and just allowing the player to side with them rather than any of the heroes (maybe the main character can be a new custom character or silent protagonist, rather than any of the existing SMT/FE cast...).

Maybe it'll be

apocalyptic

I think if the game is an end-of-world scenario in full swing, it might be interesting to see how some of the fe characters who haven't been in that kind of situation react, like maybe somebody we're used to seeing as a straight-person go "you know what? fuck it, it's fucked, just whatever man" and lose hope of even having anything to protect and go all chaos on us.

Edited by Rehab