Awakening Localized Name Discovery Thread

I think that Malice finally being the official name is one of the only decent things to come out of this. Aside from the ones that stayed the same, that is.

Lewyn, Ced, and Raquesis especially, but nearly every name here is worse than what we've been calling them for years.

Minus the FE5 names that is... admittedly I never played much of it...

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's up to those who worked on the patches.

I'm toying with the idea of making edits to the old english translation patches myself if I can figure out how xD. Gonna pester Shin about it

Edited by Maverick Hunter Jedi

I'm toying with the idea of making edits to the old english translation patches myself if I can figure out how xD. Gonna pester Shin about it

Lol you totally should. If you want the complete list:

Celice- Seliph

Lakche - Larcei?

Skasaha- Ulster

Leaf- Leif

Nanna- Nanna

Julius- Julius

Julia- Julia

Altenna- Altena

Arthur- Arthur

Phee- Fee

Aless- Ares

Sety- Ced

Ethlin- Ethlyn

Cuan- Quan

Sigurd- Sigurd

Diadora - Deirdre

Lachesis- Raquesis

Levin- Lewyn

Fin- Finn

Jamka- Jamke

Ardan- Arden

Ayra- Ayra

Alvis- Arvis

At least I think that's everyone in FE4 that's in the DLC.

Thank you kindly for the list ZM

No problem, Jedi. Oh yeah, can't forget the Holy Weapons:

Tyrfing- Tyrfing

Swanchika- Helswath

Ichival- Yewfelle

Balmung- Balmung

Falaflame - Valflame

Mystletainn (So many fanon names, haha.)

Gaebolg- Gáe Bolg

Gungnir - Gungnir

Holsety- Forseti

Thorhammer- Mjölnir

Narga- Naga (could be wrong)

Edited by ZeeEmm456

Dammit, no Velthomerian Falcon? They could have made him so much cooler.

Can't say I was ever too attached the the old names, but I can't deny I preferred Alvis as he was. In other news, Raquesis is alright with respect to her actual name, but I was thinking Lexus. I can see I was a little bit off. At any rate, she is now Rayquaza.

Roro being renamed Legion seems good, with his clones and all. (If localization is doing so much work to research on the past games' elements, why didn't they localize FE12 in the first place?)

Lewyn is... I'd have wanted Levin. I guess they made this change to avoid confusion over the Levin Sword, but in that case why did they localize Thunder Sword as such in the first place? Surely they should be aware of Lewyn's existence when they localized FE11?

And Quan would need some time to get used to. This particular spelling gives me an urge to pronounce as Chinese (which sounds nothing like "Cuan").

Ced reminds me of Set's Litany.

Edited by nocturnal YL

Arvis is the only one of the new names I actually dislike. Sety->Ced is cool, and Roro->Legion is incredible. Skasaher->Ulster and Lakche->Larcei are a bit unexpected but fine by me. The rest I'm neutral on.

Ced is odd. Wasn't he named after Holsety or something? Oh well.

Legion. Welp, now there 3 Legions in games that I love (Mass Effect, Castlevania and now FE)

And even NoA gave up on Skashaher/tach. Lol. Ulster is good though.

Arvis and Ced are the only beefs I have here. Lachesis' localization was odd but still sounds fine. Skahasha and Lakche needed the name changes they were given. Cuan to Quan seems a little unnecessary to me though.

yay vindication!

Raquesis is the only weird one to me, since Lachesis isn't even an obscure mythological thing.

OH WELL

time to be a prick about using these more new names. Sayonara, Lachesis.

Arvis and Ced are the only beefs I have here. Lachesis' localization was odd but still sounds fine. Skahasha and Lakche needed the name changes they were given. Cuan to Quan seems a little unnecessary to me though.

It's strange given the whole Irish-themed stuff going on in Thracia (not that Leif is exactly the most Gaelic name around, granted). And naming a character Ulster means Alster can't be correctly renamed that, unless Ayra inexplicably named one of her kids after a city.

Actually, to be honest with you, Ayra was one of the ones I was expecting to actually get changed, so her name being right all along makes me feel weird.

Dagdar of course is totally fine and awesome, and Legion is seriously great even if his model is missing the mask (seriously, Nintendo, could you not have at least snuck that one in?).

Raquesis is the new L'arachel.

EDIT: Doesn't this mean they should be Lewyn Swords? Consistency, people.

No, because Levin Swords are just called Thunder Swords in Japanese. Their choice of the Levin name was completely unrelated to the character; if anything, that's exactly why they renamed him.

Also... well, those sure are name changes. I guess I'll give them some time to sink in; it's still like 6AM.

Really, I don't see the problem with these names. Sure, they're...odd, but they're the localized names of these characters. Doesn't matter what they are, as long as we have them. I'm just kinda neutral on a couple.

It's strange given the whole Irish-themed stuff going on in Thracia (not that Leif is exactly the most Gaelic name around, granted). And naming a character Ulster means Alster can't be correctly renamed that, unless Ayra inexplicably named one of her kids after a city.

Well, considering Lenster got renamed as Leonster, I doubt they would've used Ulster for Alster anyway. They could keep it as Alster for all we know.

Anyway, don't know if it has been mentioned before or something, but Fiana remained unchanged.

Sigurd emerges unscathed yes *fist pump*

My pet "dude what" one is Raquesis too, but being honest with myself it's not like it'd be the first time the series had a wacky name.