So how many of us are going crazy over the release fiasco involving Fire Emblem: Awakening?

Kaze

I hope I won't have to drag my mom/stepdad out too many times just so I can get to the Gamestop in town that's by Dick's. I can walk to the one where I preordered my physical copy, but the one where I preordered the bundle is a different story. I REALLY wanted to preorder both at one Gamestop, but the day I wanted to preorder the bundle, I was going to a different part of town with my stepdad and he insisted I wait until we got there. >_>

And my parents will have to take me because I already paid for the bundle in full and they know they'd be real mean to make me lose over $200.

My mom knows how much I want this game and how long I've been waiting for it. She was even willing to take me up to GameStop on Friday if they got the game then. Ugh, I really wish I had my license and a job. Would really make things easier for not only myself, but also for my parents.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My mom knows how much I want this game and how long I've been waiting for it. She was even willing to take me up to GameStop on Friday if they got the game then. Ugh, I really wish I had my license and a job. Would really make things easier for not only myself, but also for my parents.

I know, right?! I'm still working with a job coach to get a job since I have a disability, but while I have a driver's permit, I haven't been able to get at the wheel for aaages! And I really want my license too. DX

Edited by Anacybele

I know, right?! I'm still working with a job coach to get a job since I have a disability, but while I have a driver's permit, I haven't been able to get at the wheel for aaages! And I really want my license too. DX

I just don't have to experience to get a job...Or even to be considered for a job apparently. Getting my license is difficult because we only have one car and things get tricky. Heck, even going to college is difficult. Oh well, hopefully if we have to wait until the 8th, this week won't go too terribly slow...

I just don't have to experience to get a job...Or even to be considered for a job apparently. Getting my license is difficult because we only have one car and things get tricky. Heck, even going to college is difficult. Oh well, hopefully if we have to wait until the 8th, this week won't go too terribly slow...

It'll probably be slow for me. I'm stuck at home all by myself a lot because my parents work and my younger brother goes to school...

Well, I do have a couple things I could do, but they won't take ALL week.

I'm going stark-raving crackers. I really do not want to wait for this game to come out, I really, really don't. Considering the game is SUPPOSED to be released TODAY, not to mention I do not have enough to get it on eShop, nor do I really have a way to GET the rest that I need onto eShop even if I could...'cuz I pretty much have the exact amount, but really only in cash(and GameStop's store credit). I want this game badly, seriously. I really, really do. I do not want to be visiting this store like every day of the week if they continue not to know.

Ditto. It sucks not having a licence and not being able to have a job because of it. Job search continues for me this week.......as well as the Awakening search...... >.>

Well, the nearest Gamestop to me isn't even open yet (but it will open soon), but I'll call later and see if they have it. It's actually a bit farther than I thought, 3.3 miles. But I can walk that. I've walked almost twice that distance in one day before. As long as I've got some water with me, I can handle it. I should be in better shape anyway. :P

Edited by Anacybele

Well, the nearest Gamestop to me isn't even open yet (but it will open soon), but I'll call later and see if they have it. It's actually a bit farther than I thought, 3.3 miles. But I can walk that. I've walked almost twice that distance in one day before. As long as I've got some water with me, I can handle it. I should be in better shape anyway. :P

While you are on your way to the store, pretend that you are treading across a battlefield on a mission to obtain the FE treasure cool.gif

While you are on your way to the store, pretend that you are treading across a battlefield on a mission to obtain the FE treasure cool.gif

Haha, that's not a bad idea! lol

I gotta be careful crossing that street though. The road this Gamestop is on lacks pedestrian crosswalks. There are a couple, but still. >.>

I'd like to play Awakening on my shiny blue FE 3DS first though, and I have to wait to pick that up until my mom or stepdad can drive me. I preordered it at a different Gamestop in town.

Haha, that's not a bad idea! lol

I gotta be careful crossing that street though. The road this Gamestop is on lacks pedestrian crosswalks. There are a couple, but still. >.>

I'd like to play Awakening on my shiny blue FE 3DS first though, and I have to wait to pick that up until my mom or stepdad can drive me. I preordered it at a different Gamestop in town.

Oh no, be careful! Don't forget your sword! tongue.gif

High-five! I'm also getting that beautiful bundle. Do you know when yours will be arriving at Gamestop?

So for those of you who didn't pre-order it from Gamestop.

[8:12:22 AM] Annieta: ok so.....I caled Wal-mart, Bestbuy and Toys R us

[8:12:24 AM] shadowofchaos725 (Rey): XD

[8:12:29 AM] Annieta: they said they HAVE the game, but they're not allowed to shelf it until tomorrow

[8:12:55 AM] shadowofchaos725 (Rey): who what

[8:12:56 AM] shadowofchaos725 (Rey): seriously

[8:12:58 AM] shadowofchaos725 (Rey): what

[8:13:08 AM] Annieta: yea because they're not a main stream gaming industry

[8:13:13 AM] Annieta: who gets to actually release games on the release dates

[8:13:29 AM] Annieta: some big stores like them have an actual street date that they can't break or they'll get fined $50,000 dollars

[8:13:45 AM] shadowofchaos725 (Rey): XD

Let the race begin.

Oh no, be careful! Don't forget your sword! tongue.gif

High-five! I'm also getting that beautiful bundle. Do you know when yours will be arriving at Gamestop?

High-five back! :D

Swords are awesome. Anyway, no, I have to phone them first. I'll be checking with the close Gamestop first anyway, to see if I can swing by and get my physical copy anyway. If I can save my parents gas and another trip, that's awesome. :P

And places like Target and Walmart can't shelf the game yet?! That's bullcrap, I got Brawl right on release day from Target years ago. :/

Edited by Anacybele

High-five back! :D

Swords are awesome. Anyway, no, I have to phone them first. I'll be checking with the close Gamestop first anyway, to see if I can swing by and get my physical copy anyway. If I can save my parents gas and another trip, that's awesome. :P

And places like Target and Walmart can't shelf the game yet?! That's bullcrap, I got Brawl right on release day from Target years ago. :/

Ah, I hope it arrives, today. You are such a good daughter~. Though, I don't think your parents would mind taking the extra trip, since the GS is in walking distance :) .

Brawl was HUGE. NoA made sure to make enough copies in advance for that game, since they had a good idea of the fanbase size. It's a shame that NoA didn't do their research on the FE fanbase laugh.gif .

Off topic, but I love how Nintendo is getting told off on their facebook page. I don't really blame people though--they just advertized that the game is out and we can't get it yet. :/

One person accused them of "purposely withholding physical copies to make more digital sales."

Ah, I hope it arrives, today. You are such a good daughter~. Though, I don't think your parents would mind taking the extra trip, since the GS is in walking distance :) .

Yeah, but it doesn't hurt to try saving a little money either. Especially due to what I'm asking for for my birthday...haha.

Brawl was HUGE. NoA made sure to make enough copies in advance for that game, since they had a good idea of the fanbase size. It's a shame that NoA didn't do their research on the FE fanbase laugh.gif .

Huge? No one was in line to buy the game when I got there! lol And I was in a major city at the time too. I was probably the first person in Pittsburgh to get it. :P

But yeah, NoA should've doublechecked the American FE fanbase. Haha.

EDIT: Magic Leaf, seriously?! That is just stupid! Nintendo would never do that! They're not so dickish. I'm sure they made an honest mistake, and they don't deserve to be insulted.

Edited by Anacybele

^That makes sense. I also don't like burdening my parents, so I didn't tell them about the FE bundle (I decided to buy it with my money). Because I didn't tell my mom what I wanted, she just ended up surprising me with a sweater NewYearsEmoticon.gif

Off topic, but I love how Nintendo is getting told off on their facebook page. I don't really blame people though--they just advertized that the game is out and we can't get it yet. :/

One person accused them of "purposely withholding physical copies to make more digital sales."

Hahah, that makes me want to join in on the fun. Maybe I'll call Nintendo sadists who, instead of let their fans play their games, choose to play with their fans' minds.

Edited by Lauren

Hahah, that makes me want to join in on the fun. Maybe I'll call Nintendo sadists who, instead of let their fans play their games, choose to play with their fans' minds.

XD It's all over their 3DS page. Have at it.

EDIT: Magic Leaf, seriously?! That is just stupid! Nintendo would never do that! They're not so dickish. I'm sure they made an honest mistake, and they don't deserve to be insulted.

Yeah, but the least they could do is maybe mention the delay in shipping. So far I've seen no attempt to apologize or actually tell us what is up. Smaller companies like Natsume would have done so already. Instead, Nintendo is announcing that the game is released today.

Yeah, but the least they could do is maybe mention the delay in shipping. So far I've seen no attempt to apologize or actually tell us what is up. Smaller companies like Natsume would have done so already. Instead, Nintendo is announcing that the game is released today.

Oh. Yeah, there's something wrong with that picture. :/

But technically, the game IS out. It's available in the eShop.

EDIT: Scratch what I said before about how far the closest Gamestop is to me, it's actually little more than one mile. Not 3. lol Yeah, I can definitely walk there.

Edited by Anacybele

I've also had to deal with a lack of public transportation (American here). I have to get someone with a license to take me anywhere.

For me, this.

I'd have to ask my mom's friend to get me over there, and he'll probably ask for five bucks to cover for gas. Considering how much money I get, plus rent and other things, having to get a ride from him twice in one week... yeah...

It'd either be that or walking in the cold.

*sigh* Nintendo, Nintendo... I don't understand this situation....

The only release fiasco I'm going crazy over is that PAL regions have to wait another two months. Think about that. You're the lucky ones, even if your copy's delayed for a few days.

I'm think I'm going to have a cry now.

People have already said that it's not about getting the game. It's being uncertain as to WHEN we're getting it. Although, I do think it's messed up that Europe had its announcement of the game first, yet they have to wait longer. :/

Edited by Anacybele

Although to be fair, Europe doesn't know exactly when we're getting it either, just 'April', and Nintendo of Europe's basically treating the game like it doesn't exist.

This would be cruel if it's like the situation with Persona 4: Arena.