What's your deepest secret?

JustKillItWithRoy

I'd post my deepest secret, but then I'd have to make this topic disappear. Surely you don't want that to happen. Tee-hee~! :P:

Okay, fine. My RL last name is nigh-impossible to say correctly unless you know how to speak Japanese (and by "knowing Japanese" I mean "give Rey-chan a run for his money").

Oh yeah, the volume of interim reports which I have flushed down the toilet since high school cannot be grasped by mortal minds

Okay, fine. My RL last name is nigh-impossible to say correctly unless you know how to speak Japanese (and by "knowing Japanese" I mean "give Rey-chan a run for his money").

Why do you have to know how it that well? Japanese pronunciation is pretty straight forward.

Why do you have to know how it that well? Japanese pronunciation is pretty straight forward.

It's rare to come across someone who wasn't raised around Japanese who speaks it without an accent. Saying it with an accent. . .uh, ruins it.

I'd post my deepest secret, but then I'd have to make this topic disappear. Surely you don't want that to happen. Tee-hee~! :P:

I have never seen a single Japanese name that was difficult to pronounce for anyone remotely familiar with Japanese pronunciation, let alone a Japanese student. Unless you mean kanji, trying to figure it out from there. But that could make it difficult for many Japanese names.

Just post the name itself in katakana or something. No one would be able to figure out the family name from that unless it was something like "Johnson" or "Smith."

I have never seen a single Japanese name that was difficult to pronounce for anyone remotely familiar with Japanese pronunciation, let alone a Japanese student. Unless you mean kanji, trying to figure it out from there. But that could make it difficult for many Japanese names.

Just post the name itself in katakana or something. No one would be able to figure out the family name from that unless it was something like "Johnson" or "Smith."

1. I come from Hawaii, where most people are raised with a little bit of Japanese speaking know-how (blame the food). Most of the people HERE can't get it right.

2. My last name is stupidly rare, to the point that posting it would narrow down who I am to me. If it was something like Arakaki (which is quite common), I wouldn't hesitate.

I'm kinda like Eclipse in that if you don't know Arabic, chances are you can't correctly pronounce my name. So as a result, I just go by nickname, which some people on SF know me as. Not sure that's really a secret though.

I'm kinda like Eclipse in that if you don't know Arabic, chances are you can't correctly pronounce my name. So as a result, I just go by nickname, which some people on SF know me as. Not sure that's really a secret though.

same here except you need to know how to pronounce Tamil properly. It makes my name stand out so bad >_>