Fire Emblem 6: Anniversary

Chocolate Kitty

77 members have voted

1. 1. Read the post on the last page, what's your opinion?

• I LOVE IT!!!!! :D
    • It sounds interesting enough, why not.
    • Meh, idk, no opinion at this point.
    • I'm not really a fan, but I'll see where it goes I guess.
    • I HATE IT!!!!! D:<

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great job on the hack so far! Finally I have a reason to play through FE6~

And I might try contributing some mugs to this hack, but I can't guarantee anything at the moment.

Edited by Kon

So will Elphin and Lalum be like Nils and Ninian or is Elphin purely an NPC this time around? I'm not a big fan of when plot important good guys don't actually fight to help(Malledus, Nyna)

Then get ready to be disappointed, because he isn't playable(if you looked at the sheet, his name is in green)...

The palettes are too good, stahp it.

also, I like that the Lady Sword is in, any other new weapons being brought from other games?

At this point in time, the quick weapons and poison weapons is all I will reveal for now.

They are my placeholders, that's pretty much it. :o

Ideally, I'd like to replace all of those default sprites or improve them all, but it's a difficult thing to do, so I have to stay within my restrictions.

With updating the sprites, are you planning to have simple quality upgrades or Elibian Nights Lyn style transformations?

Then get ready to be disappointed, because he isn't playable(if you looked at the sheet, his name is in green)...

At this point in time, the quick weapons and poison weapons is all I will reveal for now.

Darn it, I always went the the route just to get him. He looks waaay cooler than Lalum. But I guess the fact that he still has issues with temporary blindness makes sense that he would stay on the sidelines. But without his supports we're never going to learn this T_T

I'm actually planning on including every single support conversation from FE6, just not in an actual support, but through different events and talk chains. He's more suited as a fortune teller imo anyway.

Updating sprites is whatever I can get tbh, if it's good enough and can be touched up if needed, it works.

Edited by Kitty of Time

• 2 weeks later...

Small little update on the first page in the links section(which is new). Since I've been fairly busy with life, I haven't had much time to get past balancing 4x, so I decided to publically post all the completed maps. Feel free to comment, suggest, and or critique in accordance to them.

Well alrighty then.

For Chapter 3 the door to the throne has a funky white line which you can eliminate by using the other vertical door:

a7cc887704acd08f1a4434ca91da8dff.png

Though I have no idea if the doors function differently (Probably not but you never know).

For Chapter 5 I'm noticing a lot of zig-zaggy grass. The biggest thing that jumps out though is how vacant it is. The original ch 5 isn't too big in the original IIRC but this is huge. I would shrink it some and maybe add 1-2 houses to kind of fill in the space. OR you could try to add in a little forest in the bottom middle. Overall though I think shrinking it down could definitely help. Remember, this is only chapter 5 so map size matters.

There's also the whole throne being the size of the house entrance thing but whatevs.

Edited by Primefusion

I don't remember what was the original chapter 5 map again. Was it the one with brigands with interactive gate and that special lance?

Edit:

Yep it is. Seem interesting. Keep it up kitty >w<

Edited by Ubel Engel

It has not been asked yet, congratulations! :D :D :D

The thing on supports is, a lot of them are going to be changed. Every original support will exist though, it just may be a talk chain that progressing through certain chapters.

I do want and plan to improve some of them, though, yes.

It has not been asked yet, congratulations! :D :D :D

The thing on supports is, a lot of them are going to be changed. Every original support will exist though, it just may be a talk chain that progressing through certain chapters.

I do want and plan to improve some of them, though, yes.

Alright, then. Also a few more questions (if you don't mind, of course)

Are you planning on making the game as hard as vanilla FE6?

Are you going to make thieves able to be promoted?

Are you going to put Roy's promotion earlier in the game?

Sorry for the numerous questions, I'm just interested, is all.

As long as the questions aren't anything I'm trying to keep hidden for the time being, they are perfectly fine.

The game should be the same difficulty, as long as it's on normal mode. Characters have been balanced a bit better as well as new weapons being introduced will affect the gameplay in the long run.

Thieves will promote, yes.

Can't answer the Roy question exactly yet, but it will be earlier, yes.

unless Eric makes every thief promote into rogue ~'3'~

I would honestly prefer that, the rogue class and animation have always been more interesting to me. Perhaps he'll make some of them go rogue, some assassin, though.

Edited by seph1212

unless Erica makes every thief promote into rogue ~'3'~

What are you doing, hiding in my computer. :o

Because that's precisely what I'm doing. In my opinion, none of the thieves(Astol maybe if you squint) make sense as assasins. And making an additional class just for one thief is a bit silly.

If anything, you'll only have an OC assassin and possibly Astol.

NO NO NO NO I WANT CATH! D:

[5:37:36 PM] EricA: Chad/Cath don't even make sense as assassins.

I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you. :p