Question about Ike

BlueLeafeon

Where is this confirmation? He seems pretty apathetic toward woman in general. If anything, Ike fell in love with "being a warrior" a long time ago.

Remember when I brought up Priam in our profile conversation? He's the reason Ike isn't gay. You'll see what I'm talking about when Priam's paralogue chapter is released in Spotpass for Awakening.

Although at least in the Heath supports, Heath is so decidedly nope that he doesn't even dignify what might be construed as an advance from Legault with a response, and Legault like runs after him going JOKING, JOKING

Edited by Rehab

Where is this confirmation? He seems pretty apathetic toward woman in general. If anything, Ike fell in love with "being a warrior" a long time ago.

What are the leads that Legault is bi? I'm curious.

His supports with Heath, holy crap.

Raven and Lucius are also pretty questionable IMO. In their A support Raven wants Lucius to be "someone to go home to" and rejects Lucius's notion of marrying someone. Doesn't seem like something heterosexual males would say to one another.

If being gay discounted people from having children then what does that make the teachers I know, my boyfriend's uncle's partner, and the myriad of others who were in relationships that bore children only to uproot themselves and find love with people of the same sex? Not that I want to start up this argument again, but being homosexual does not mean they never have sex with people of the opposite gender.

Anyway at this point I don't even want to talk about Ike anymore because obviously my headcanon isn't going to change other people's headcanons, and there is zero evidence as to Priam's claims except that he has a Ragnell, which is not even a unique weapon in this game any more due to the crazy timeline crossing shenanigans. For all we know there are somehow multiple Ikes! With multiple Ragnells! Who got together with multiple partners!!! ALL THE PROBLEMS OF FIRE EMBLEM SHIPPING ARE SOLVED EVERYTHING IS CANON*dies*

Given a medieval-ish society, it would hardly be surprising for a gay man to have children. Homosexuality has not been the most accepted thing at, well, any point in time.

So Priam is Paris's localized name? Huh. I've never associated that name with anything but Troy, so it'll be weird getting used to that. I definitely would have preferred Paris, given the Ike connection. Priam seems really random, other than being Paris's father.

Given a medieval-ish society, it would hardly be surprising for a gay man to have children. Homosexuality has not been the most accepted thing at, well, any point in time.

This actually isn't true. Most homophobia in Europe only came about during the decline of the Roman empire. Before then, taking young boys for lovers was as common practice as taking on female lovers, if not moreso. Japan had a similar story before missionaries came and convinced the samurai that the practice of having extremely... close... apprentices was bad. Before then, cheating on your wife was not really a big deal but cheating on your young male lover was frowned upon. And of course in Thailand they have never really cared and transvestitism is even relatively accepted there, even in modern day. That said, ancient homosexuality typically involved an age and power divide that is more or less unacceptable in modern culture even in heterosexual relationships.

Edit: Unless you're talking about the scope of medieval Europe, in which case the existence of homosexuality was well-known and particularly prominent during eras such as the Italian Renaissance, but was condemned by the church. The practices of ancient Rome involving male brothels for male clientèle as a taxable enterprise would have been absurd by this period of time.

Edited by Samias

Well, I warned you guys I might close it. Seriously, a page of off-topic-ness on a thread that already had the question answered? If you guys want to speculate on the sexuality of characters in Fire Emblem, make a thread for it. And the last post doesn't even have more than a tenuous connection to Fire Emblem.