Spotpass Team references

Knight

Looking at the bonus spotpass teams for characters, I noticed something about the groups. Most of them have units included in them that relate to the character in some way. These are all I've noticed, Nergal's team consists of all the classes of the bosses in Light. Nino has Jaffar, Lloyd, and Linus in their classes. Serra has all her potential husbands; Erk, Oswin and Matthew (I think Matthew is one right?), Lyn has her mode's party; Kent, Sain, Florina,Wil, Dorcas, Rath, Matthew, Luscious, and Wallace. Hector has Oswin, Florina, Farina, and Matthew. And finally, Eliwood has the equivalents of Marcus, Lowen, Dorcas, Bartre, Oswin, Hector, Serra (or his mother), Matthew, and Guy, the first recruits in his mode except Rebecca.

I'm sure someone else had to have noticed it, but I haven't seen it brought up.

Edited by Knight

Looking at the bonus spotpass teams for characters, I noticed something about the groups. Most of them have units included in them that relate to the character in some way. These are all I've noticed, Nergal's team consists of all the classes of the bosses in Light. Nino has Jaffar, Lloyd, and Linus in their classes. Serra has all her potential husbands; Erk, Oswin and Matthew (I think Matthew is one right?), Lyn has her mode's party; Kent, Sain, Florina,Wil, Dorcas, Rath, Matthew, Luscious, and Wallace. Hector has Oswin, Florina, Farina, and Matthew. And finally, Eliwood has the equivalents of Marcus, Lowen, Dorcas, Bartre, Oswin, Hector, Serra (or his mother), Matthew, and Guy, the first recruits in his mode except Rebecca.

I'm sure someone else had to have noticed it, but I haven't seen it brought up.

I noticed Nergal and Nino's, so I figured the others were references in some way, just wasn't sure how. I hope all of them have little easter eggs like this.

I noticed Nergal and Nino's, so I figured the others were references in some way, just wasn't sure how. I hope all of them have little easter eggs like this.

Yes, me too. I don't think I'll be able to spot any Gaiden, or Thracia references though.

Seems to be the same way with Eirika and L'arachel's teams - Eirika has a Paladin, Cavalier, Knight, Pegasus Knight, and Priest on her team (the first units who joined her), and L'arachel's comrades are the same classes as those of her subordinates.

2ch wiki has already covered them all.

Nino, Serra, Nergal, Lyn, Hector and Eliwood's teams all contain references. Same for Eirika, L'Arachel and Marisa. Moulder's HP+5 skill was a reference to a gag too, that being he had high HP and Con for a magic unit in the original.

(And yes, for those who say game makers don't care about the internet, FE13 is actually full of FE-related Japanese memes.)

When FE4 Gen 2 floats around you'll spot another one if you've beaten Ch 22, even without having played FE4.

Julius's "adds" are the Dark Warlords (Appropriately enough)... but they're their versions from FEA instead of their FE4 versions. (Thus Elf with Valflame)

Also, aside from characters, Nino's spotpass team has an obvious reference to her own gameplay mechanics. She's an unpromoted unit around lvl10, while the Assassin, Swordmaster and Hero with her are all stronger promoted ones, so, if you get her through battling, you pretty much will be overpowered compared to her initially, mimicking her late game debut. I only wonder if her growth rates are any special here, like Marth's...

Edited by NeonZ

Looking at some of the other games:

Geoferry (FE9) has a team built around his NPC team in FE9 Ch24, made up of Valkyries, Snipers, Halberdiers (now Generals) and Cavaliers (now Paladins).

I think the Sage on Lucia's (FE9) team is supposed to allude to Bastian.

Ike's (FE9) team is a bit weird, but I think it alludes to the Greil Mercenaries with a Paladin (Oscar), Warrior (Boyd), Battle Monk (Rhys), General (Gatrie), Two Snipers (Rolf and Shinon) and a Sage (Soren).

Roy's (FE6) team is based off of his party in the first two chapters, with three Paladins (Marcus, Alan and Lance), a Sniper (Wolt), General (Bors), Hero (Dieck), Falcon Knight (Thany) and two Warriors (Lott and Ward).

The two Berserkers on Lilina's (FE6) team could allude to Garret and Geese, two Berserkers she recruits.

Lachesis' (FE4) team has 3 Paladins, based off of her three Paladin guards.

Sigurd's (FE4) team is based off of the playable units in FE4 Prologue, with four Paladins (Alec, Noish, Finn and Cuan), a General (Ardan), Valkyrie (Ethlin), Great Knight (Lex), Dark Knight (Azel) and Bow Knight (Midir).

One of the thieves on Salem's (FE5) team has Sol and Vantage, just like Pahn.

Olwen's (FE5) team has a Paladin which is obviously supposed to be Fred.

The Paladin in Leif's (FE5) team is most likely alluding to Finn.

The Fighter on Maris' (FE12) team is clearly based off of Dice, her father.

Roro's (FE12) team is obviously referring to Roro having clones of himself.

The two Paladins and Bow Knights on Hardin's (FE12) team are referring to Roshe, Vyland, Sedgar and Wolf.

The three Falcon Knights on Minerva's (FE11) team are alluding to Palla, Catria and Est.

Ogma's (FE11) team has three Warriors, referring to Cord, Bord and Barst.

Prince Marth's (FE11) team has three Paladins (Jeigan, Abel and Cain), a Falcon Knight (Caeda), a General (Draug), Sniper (Gordin) and War Monk (Wrys).

There's a Trickster on Navarre's (FE11) team that may be alluding to Julian.

Pretty much it. Others include:

Ishtar (Others, FE4-2) has references to the pegasus knights that she leads.

Mist (FE9) has references to some of the mercenaries too.

Sanaki and Oliver (FE10) carry the Luna skill, which are references to the Flare and Corona.

Norne (FE12) is themed after the allies who join at the same time as her, as well as the enemy formation.

Edited by nocturnal YL

Inne's team has all Falcoknights since Frelia is where Pegasi are from in FE8.

Also there's an Archer, Myrmidon and a Thief on her team. Which could represent Castor, Nabarl and Rickard who where all present in the BS Fire Emblem Chapter that's she's in. The Knights could also represent part of that chapter since they where guarding the treasure chests in that chapter as well.

Edited by arvilino

Also, aside from characters, Nino's spotpass team has an obvious reference to her own gameplay mechanics. She's an unpromoted unit around lvl10, while the Assassin, Swordmaster and Hero with her are all stronger promoted ones, so, if you get her through battling, you pretty much will be overpowered compared to her initially, mimicking her late game debut. I only wonder if her growth rates are any special here, like Marth's...

You notice the gameplay mechanic, but you didn't notice the Assassin, Swordmaster and Hero (probably) stand for Jaffar, Lloyd and Linus, her friends in the Black Fang? xD

Looking at some of the other games:

Geoferry (FE9) has a team built around his NPC team in FE9 Ch24, made up of Valkyries, Snipers, Halberdiers (now Generals) and Cavaliers (now Paladins).

I think the Sage on Lucia's (FE9) team is supposed to allude to Bastian.

Ike's (FE9) team is a bit weird, but I think it alludes to the Greil Mercenaries with a Paladin (Oscar), Warrior (Boyd), Battle Monk (Rhys), General (Gatrie), Two Snipers (Rolf and Shinon) and a Sage (Soren).

Roy's (FE6) team is based off of his party in the first two chapters, with three Paladins (Marcus, Alan and Lance), a Sniper (Wolt), General (Bors), Hero (Dieck), Falcon Knight (Thany) and two Warriors (Lott and Ward).

The two Berserkers on Lilina's (FE6) team could allude to Garret and Geese, two Berserkers she recruits.

Lachesis' (FE4) team has 3 Paladins, based off of her three Paladin guards.

Sigurd's (FE4) team is based off of the playable units in FE4 Prologue, with four Paladins (Alec, Noish, Finn and Cuan), a General (Ardan), Valkyrie (Ethlin), Great Knight (Lex), Dark Knight (Azel) and Bow Knight (Midir).

One of the thieves on Salem's (FE5) team has Sol and Vantage, just like Pahn.

Olwen's (FE5) team has a Paladin which is obviously supposed to be Fred.

The Paladin in Leif's (FE5) team is most likely alluding to Finn.

Roro's (FE12) team is obviously referring to Roro having clones of himself.

The two Paladins and Bow Knights on Hardin's (FE12) team are referring to Roshe, Vyland, Sedgar and Wolf.

The three Falcon Knights on Minerva's (FE11) team are alluding to Palla, Catria and Est.

Ogma's (FE11) team has three Warriors, referring to Cord, Bord and Barst.

Prince Marth's (FE11) team has three Paladins (Jeigan, Abel and Cain), a Falcon Knight (Caeda), a General (Draug), Sniper (Gordin) and War Monk (Wrys).

There's a Trickster on Navarre's (FE11) team that may be alluding to Julian.

As to Ike's team, what's with the Assassin and Falcon Knight? Also, it was Gonzales Lillina recruited, not Geese. And looking at King Marth's team... Anyone know what the reference is supposed to be? I can only assume it corresponds to the new characters from Shadow Dragon, but... Also, I can't help but think that the two Falcon Knights on Hector's team are supposed to refer to Florina and Farina, two of his potential wives. And then there's Edward and Leonardo, who have skills refrring to their respective personalities (Edward has Zeal, Leonardo Discipline).

Edited by Levant Fortner

As to Ike's team, what's with the Assassin and Falcon Knight? Also, it was Gonzales Lillina recruited, not Geese. And looking at King Marth's team... Anyone know what the reference is supposed to be? I can only assume it corresponds to the new characters from Shadow Dragon, but... Also, I can't help but think that the two Falcon Knights on Hector's team are supposed to refer to Florina and Farina, two of his potential wives. And then there's Edward and Leonardo, who have skills refrring to their respective personalities (Edward has Zeal, Leonardo Discipline).

I would Imagine the Assassin is Volke, and the Falcoknight is Tanith (since she's been in both games).

EDIT: Ninja'd.

Edited by Diortem

I would Imagine the Assassin is Volke, and the Falcoknight is Tanith (since she's been in both games).

Marcia is more likely, since the main characters' SpotPass teams tend to make reference to early units.

Also, most referenced characters are male, for some reason, even though there are data for female generics. Julius' team has a female Swordmaster in it.

Marcia is more likely, since the main characters' SpotPass teams tend to make reference to early units.

Also, most referenced characters are male, for some reason, even though there are data for female generics. Julius' team has a female Swordmaster in it.

Yeah, forgot about Marcia.

Still, I have to say, the fact that they put in the extra effort for the little references here and there is really cool.

I just summoned Ashnard for the lulz. This is on Hard, so it may be different of different diccifulties but...

All his generic troops have Strength maxed, but no other capped stats. This references his philosphy that strength is the only thing that matters.