Christopher Dorner Case

Pride

the events as reported by the L.A times

if you're curious I encourage you to look up other sources, especially regarding the so-called manifesto, of which there seem to be several variations floating about

This is a pretty novel case in that the killer is highly trained and his motivation seems to be killing officers instead of escaping. The police are very much on-edge as indicated with the incident where the two paper-delivery women were shot at. He's obviously lost it, but there are some people out there who sympathize with his stated hatred of police corruption, and the case that started his grudge back in 2007. I'm interested in how it'll all play out.

After you've caught up on all the relevant info I'm curious, what are your thoughts on the man, the murders, and the police response?

Edited by Wahrheit

I guess my first question would be: What do you think should be the price of corruption?

I think it's a very weird issue, on one hand there's a clear violation going on that probably isn't going to be addressed in the status quo without intervention but at the same time his idea of justice can be seen as a bit extreme.

I think the media needs to butt out, except to warn people of the affected counties to stay alert. The more interference there is, the less likely he'll be flushed out.

I think that my gut likes the idea of vigilante justice when faced with rampant corruption, but the fact of the matter is that he's a murderer who killed three innocent people and thus needs to be locked away.

If the LAPD's that corrupt, though, it needs reformation.

Apparently over 100 officers were employed to try and find him. Amazing. You can't trust the police to help you in your own time of need, but if they themselves are threatened, by goddamn they'll do everything they can to catch the culprit. Good ol' LAPD, serving and protecting the people themselves.

Edited by Constable Reggie

I'm almost surprised that Dorner is the first guy I've heard of snapping like this in his department, if the corruption is (and has been) as bad as Dorner and some commenters claimed. His actions (the murders, certainly) are nothing to cheer about, but it'd be nice if the climate that drove Dorner so far doesn't get left to lie as it is as soon as the hunt is over, or anything forbid it get even worse.

Edited by Rehab

From a barely educated (on whatever the hell went on) perspective, people who appear to have been something like good, and then mess up...badly. Those people make me question my faith in humanity. Hmm. I guess for other people that kind of sentiment is in tatters anyway? That's fair.

Very few middle class white men hate the police more than I do, but when you kill people - people whose only real offense is that they're shitty cops and scummy people - and carjack innocent civilians, I tend to lose my sympathy.

Very few middle class white men hate the police more than I do, but when you kill people - people whose only real offense is that they're shitty cops and scummy people - and carjack innocent civilians, I tend to lose my sympathy.

I'll admit that a part of me does like the idea of a vigilante going after corrupt organizations like the LAPD. I wouldn't have disliked the guy so much for carjacking, so much as murdering people. I mean it would be one thing if he were to actually go after corrupt individuals, but in reality all of the people he killed were completely unrelated.

If he were really planning on going after the LAPD by killing all of the corrupt officers he probably would have been better off not making a huge manifesto about it. Although he clearly had flown off the handle, so...

Dorner's killing of innocents was terrible, yeah, but I feel what's more significant in all this is Lapd's pathetic and dangerous handling of the situation. Putting three completely innocent civilians in huge danger (for the capital offense of having a truck looking very vaguely similar to Dorner's) and lying about how they handled the cabin situation is unsettling.

Well the LAPD is notoriously corrupt, I wouldn't be surprised if they framed the guy to cover up something else.

I don't like how they supposedly killed him by torching the cabin and everything in it. I don't like that resolution at all. Wouldn't be surprised if the guy is still on the run.

I wanted to say "un-fucking believable," but that would imply that this is something unexpected of the LAPD.

Just goes to show that even after such incredibly crazy shit nothing will change.