What's your 'unstoppable' duo?

Volke29

Everyone has their preferences when pairing units. Thought I'd get a thread going to see what who the community is pairing with who.

One I've liked thus far is Prince Marth (love this guy) and MU.

MU best stat was speed and weakness was Res. I figured I could either one shot or skirt those damn mages ...

The speed boost the two get makes them almost unhitable. Marth is lvl 13 with 17 speed and MU is lvl 13 with 16 speed. Pair the two together and you get a pretty nice speed boost.

Chrom and Kellam are my best frontline guys at the moment. The Defense boost they get makes neither of them take any damage, unless a mage comes along. Literally, these guys take no damage and if they do, it's like 1 or 2 hp. Kellam has 18 defense and Chrom has 15. They also get a nice Defense boost when paired together.

Anyway, if you guys have some powerhose combos please share! Playing on hard classic. Played Lunatic when Demo was up and I just told myself I have to learn this game before I play Lunatic.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I like Sully and Stahl to be paired up. I didn't really look at the boost, but they both ripped through everything.

I always pair up Prince Marth and Chrom so that Chrom could stay alive.

I also pair up Mirial with My Unit and that gives her a pretty big Magic boost. Not to mention she ends up getting criticals on practically every hit she deals.

My units consist of Gaius + Speed MU, Chrom + Olivia, Azure/Inigo + Severa, Morgan + Lucina and Henry + Tharja. The first four caps speed like it's nothing and since I like speed, it's funny seeing these units plow through the front lines like nothing.

As for Henry + Tharja, slap Lifetaker, Vengence for both and Nosferatsu on Tharja and Ruin on Henry makes it a very broken pairing. Tharja was capping speed for me while Henry's going high on skill and crits (79+% crit rate. Mmmm....)

Mine aren't too special, and I'm notpaying much attention to which stats are affected... I'm about to start the final chapter, and these pairs are maxed out in supports and are total bosses:

Chrom and Lucina

Maeve (MU) and Henry

Ricken and Morgan

Frederick and Sumia

Tharja and Libra

Lonqu and Miriel

Marth and Roy (aw yeah)

Flavia and Basilio

I'm only on chapter 14, but anything that gives a significant speed boost (4-6 points seems to be what I'm getting) onto a high move tank like Frederick or Cherche is completely unbeatable on hard mode. Usually this means I'm pairing up my underleveled Pegasus Knights with whoever needs the boost to double reliably. Sully/Stahl are great because they seem to be equally effective whichever of the two is in front. I'm tempted to look up the math behind the support and pair up systems, but I don't want to spoil that until I finish the game once and move on to lunatic.

Played on Hard Classic as well, no grinding allowed. Some particular standouts for me included:

Cordelia and Vaike, Vaike being reclassed as a Barbarian to go Berserker. The boosts they give each other are just so offensively delicious. Vaike gets three different crit boosting skills the way I raised him too, and would crit a LOT.

Miriel and Henry. Miriel was reclassed to Dark Mage, so it's the same idea as Tharja and Henry. Vengeance and Nosferatu pair up insanely well, trivializing enemies if you ever want to call in sick as a tactician, so to speak.

Stahl and Panne, with Panne being reclassed to Wyvern Lord eventually and Stahl going Great Knight. This pairing in particular had quite the versatile synergy. If I needed to double Panne was usually very reliable, and if I needed to tank, even during the very last stretch of the game there were some enemies that would do no damage to Stahl.

And it's incredibly common, but Chrom with Sumia was VERY good to me. Been hearing some people talk about Sumia eventually losing some of her mojo, but I had a VERY blessed Sumia (or possibly a slightly screwed Cordelia by comparison).

Chrom-Sumia was the CHROMBOMB POWER HOUR from about Ch. 5 to Ch. 12. Vaike-Lon'qu reigned supreme for slightly longer, as the TEACH RO(N)K-U TOUR.

Cordelia-Donnel was surprisingly effective even while Donnel was a villager; I found his pair-up to be extremely useful to her, and vice-versa. That one didn't have a funny name. That was just, "oh thank god, he's not dying finally."

As I near the end of the game I have built up so many supports and am constantly moving people around so that I don't really have many standout pairs anymore. However, I was pretty impressed at Libra!Noire (Sage) + Ricken!Morgan (Sorcerer) as a power-duo. As a Sage, Libra!Noire's defense is comparable to a Dark Mage and her Res is equally great, so she's a durable front-line healer that counterattacks with death. Then when everyone's healed up, Morgan comes back out and just noms all the souls.

Lynette/Kellam, mainly. She's +Def; with Kellam's further bonus, everything tinks her on HM, and she rips right through them in return.

More recently (as of Ch15), Panne/Vaike. I reclassed Panne to Wyvern Rider immediately for absolutely terrifying results; even before promoting, she had far higher stats than a promoted Cherche. With Vaike's Str, nothing stops her.

My avatar (+Mag, -Str Grandmaster) and his sweet wife Lissa (Dark Flyer). That duo just rape everything.

Chrom/Lucina is quite broken too.

Edited by Sartek

high mag low def MU+Velvet is basically unstoppable. Also, HeroVaike+FalcoknightCordelia is pretty good. Made it like that for the kids, but it emds up the first is a dodgetank and the second is a powerhouse.

Edit: only true because normal classic

Edited by I don't play for turns

Cordelia with Galeforce and Kellam. Attack magic user, switch to Kellam and tank, works very well. Also me and Lucina can't be hit by anything, neither can my Gaius and Chrom, or my Lon'qu and Cherche. Also my Ricken with Lifetaker topped off with his unnaturally high HP and defence, couple with Nosferatu weilding Henry, I'm pretty much set with those two. I have not yet bothered myself with 2nd gen characters except Lucina and Gerome, I look forward to even more unstoppable pairs.

Mine were:

Virion + Cherche

Severa + Owain

Lucina + Inigo

Morgan + Gerome

Gaius + Maribelle

All of the units I paired together had a S support with each other.

After Chrom got an S support with Sumia I just paired him with whoever gets recruited in a chapter or had him stand next to Lucina. (Or whoever else I wanted him to build a support with.)

Edited by Zelos

Tharja performed better than any of my characters that I've ever used. (Japanese runs)

Edited by Katarina

My Unstoppable units are Chrom and Sumia (his defence and her Res bonus make most damage inconsequential),

Gregor and Cordelia (He's just bulky as all get out, and her bonuses help quite a bit),

and Lon'qu and Panne (Their speed bonuses make them the dodgiest of dodge-tanks).

These three pairs are always good for a hard chapter, for me.