The Lunatic Club

Shinori

Wait, Chapter 16 gave you trouble? I'm surprised you didn't just Rescue-skip it; you don't even need Galeforce. I would have expected stages like Chapters 23 and 24 to be a bit more challenging on Lunatic+ due to the high enemy density (which becomes much more of a threat when a good chunk of the map has Counter, preventing an Avatar dodgetank bonanza). I never got past Ch 5, but I'll probably resume Lunatic+ at some point.

Why not just try it out? If you don't want Donnel, then it's less annoying of a level. If you do want him, then feeding Donnel a Str Tonic might give you some more options, and giving him a +Hit Bronze Lance forge can save you some resets.

Those were too easy, specially since almost every unit that can learn galeforce had it by then, the big enemy numbers fell like nothing, to avoid those annoying counters i equipped everyone with short axes and spears, or either tomes, Tharja was pretty much immortal as well henry, those two with lifetaker, nosferatu with their high HP, mag and speed is just ridiculous. Henry was a little more frail, unlike Tharja taking hits as if she was a bloody warrior like nothing.

The first 16 chapters were the hardest for me due the limited master seals & second seals, once they became available for purchase it became a cakewalk.

Edited by Aura Kurai

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finished paralogue 1.

Had couple of oh-shit moments in there.

(Mainly with Fred. Then one with Chrom where I did something stupid that almost got him killed.)

>.>

Finished paralogue 1.

Had couple of oh-shit moments in there.

(Mainly with Fred. Then one with Chrom where I did something stupid that almost got him killed.)

>.>

I am surprised you didn't curse Donny on your post.

Nope. Donny lived and got two levels off that chapter. lol

Chrom also finally get his first level. :x

The only I would curse is the oh-shit moments or RNG hate.

No buffs or forge for Donny either :D

Edited by Ubel Engel

Nope. Donny lived and got two levels off that chapter. lol

Chrom also finally get his first level. :x

The only I would curse is the oh-shit moments or RNG hate.

No buffs or forge for Donny either :D

I LOVE THE RNG.

Enemy has 10% chance to hit and 1% chance to crit.

Son of a ***** hits, crits, + if they have a skill, they activate it. FML

Fred only activated Luna once this entire play through.

He got level 5 on chapter 3.

>.>

But who cares.

MU is in berserk mode now.

GO METZTLI!

I gave her a glass sword.

She used it 10 ten before it finally broke lol

Edited by Ubel Engel

Those were too easy, specially since almost every unit that can learn galeforce had it by then, the big enemy numbers fell like nothing, to avoid those annoying counters i equipped everyone with short axes and spears, or either tomes, Tharja was pretty much immortal as well henry, those two with lifetaker, nosferatu with their high HP, mag and speed is just ridiculous. Henry was a little more frail, unlike Tharja taking hits as if she was a bloody warrior like nothing.

The first 16 chapters were the hardest for me due the limited master seals & second seals, once they became available for purchase it became a cakewalk.

Merely using 1-2 range weapons doesn't seem like it would directly benefit you during the enemy phase, when enemies with Counter and 1-range Silver weapons charge at you with reckless abandon. Likewise, although Galeforce helps you take out an extra enemy during player phase, you'll still have to tank a decent number of enemies during the enemy phase, and abilities like Counter and Aegis+ present huge challenges to Nosferatanking. How prevalent would you say Counter was during the last few chapters?

I'm also wondering how you got Henry and Tharja to become decent combat units. That seems kind of challenging, especially after having reclassed them to Dark Knight for Lifetaker. Because of their mediocre Spd, they would presumably be finishing kills set up for them by someone like Avatar, which doesn't seem a great way to quickly gain experience.

Merely using 1-2 range weapons doesn't seem like it would directly benefit you during the enemy phase, when enemies with Counter and 1-range Silver weapons charge at you with reckless abandon. Likewise, although Galeforce helps you take out an extra enemy during player phase, you'll still have to tank a decent number of enemies during the enemy phase, and abilities like Counter and Aegis+ present huge challenges to Nosferatanking. How prevalent would you say Counter was during the last few chapters?

I'm also wondering how you got Henry and Tharja to become decent combat units. That seems kind of challenging, especially after having reclassed them to Dark Knight for Lifetaker. Because of their mediocre Spd, they would presumably be finishing kills set up for them by someone like Avatar, which doesn't seem a great way to quickly gain experience.

I got good growths on their speed, mostly during their Dark Knight phase.

Counter was quite annoying but what I did was stand at the edge of their ranged attacks so they would end attacking me with their bows.

The path I took for them was. Dark Mage > Dark Knight > Sorcerer > Sorcerer.

I did grind a little in the Golden DLC, those mages net me at least 1 level per kill, and Ruin helped a lot. (ended with about 860k gold lol)

For tharja when her HP became low Vengeance saved her rear all the time when nosfertanking, something that helped me but was a matter of luck for killing those counters, my units with Sol and the chance of activating it on the second heal to regain some of the health, by the time another unit with counter got near them, they already recovered their HP.

Glad the RNG works in your favor at times.

Edit: Loaded my save, here are their stats.

Tharja

Level 20

HP 80

STR 30

MAG 47

SKILL 37

SPD 41

LCK 40

DEF 42

RES 44

-Hex

-Anathema

-Vengeance

-SlowBurn

-Lifetaker

Henry

Level 15

HP 80

STR 24

MAG 45

SKL 40

SPD 40

LCK 39

DEF 42

RES 42

-Hex

-Anathema

-Vengeance

-Wrath

-Lifetaker

Edited by Aura Kurai

So I finally got the connection for my 3DS.

I'm already enjoying Eirika and Nino bonus character. (Eirika was amusing in Chapter 5.)

I'm just about to leave for Gamestop to get eshop prepaid cards to buy all of the packs.

Big thanks to Comcast dude!

Edited by Ubel Engel

post-5657-000454600 1362332789_thumb.jpg Damn straight.

This game is very similar to Radiant Dawn difficulty wise, and this chapter is the 3-6 for Awakening. The earlier chapters before this are easy but then the enemies stats increase drastically and you only have a team with a few units being really good. Oh well, I already know Chapter 18 and Chapter 19 are easy and I think I already know how to beat them, and I'll have to deal with Gerome's sidequest later on, so I'll have to deal with it.

Anyways, I have 3 Speedwings (I can fish for a fourth one via the Rift Door) and I am wondering if I should give them all to Henry. If I do he'll have 33 speed. (+6 thanks to Barracks boost and Speed Tonic with +8 due to Swordmaster) and 2 Nosferatankers are better than 1, especially since MU has 2 more levels until I can ACTUALLY RECLASS HIM. Also, just incase MU and Cherche don't get an S support by chapter 17, what do I do? The only sidequests left are Inigo's and Yarne's. Inigo's I'm not even going to try for obvious reasons so Yarne's would be the only one left.

Edited by Quick

Yarne's sidequest should be enough for support grinding, as you'll have a lot of combat if you choose to engage both teams.

I really don't think two Nosferatankers are better than one if your goal is to make the game as easy as possible. If you just have Avatar as a Sorceror and field no-one else but Chrom, you can quite literally mash start to skip the enemy phase, whereas having two Nosferatu users means that experience gets split and neither one receives as much EXP as he or she could otherwise. Additionally, Chrom wants some Str for the final boss, so fielding Avatar and him exclusively gives him many opportunities for Dual Attacks that would fetch him some EXP; this is important since Nosferatu won't do crap against the final boss. That said, the total absence of difficulty resulting from soloing the game with Nosferatu Avatar+Chrom support makes things...not that fun.

Yarne's sidequest should be enough for support grinding, as you'll have a lot of combat if you choose to engage both teams.

I really don't think two Nosferatankers are better than one if your goal is to make the game as easy as possible. If you just have Avatar as a Sorceror and field no-one else but Chrom, you can quite literally mash start to skip the enemy phase, whereas having two Nosferatu users means that experience gets split and neither one receives as much EXP as he or she could otherwise. Additionally, Chrom wants some Str for the final boss, so fielding Avatar and him exclusively gives him many opportunities for Dual Attacks that would fetch him some EXP; this is important since Nosferatu won't do crap against the final boss. That said, the total absence of difficulty resulting from soloing the game with Nosferatu Avatar+Chrom support makes things...not that fun.

I was referring to the difficulty of Yarne's map, but I guess I was accidentally implying for support grinding alone, my apologies. Also it's safe to say I can't let MU Nosferatank Chapter 17 seeing as how he can't use Nosferatu, haha.

Edited by Quick

Started a Lunatic run, finally. I'm glad that I did my initial playthrough on Hard mode to enjoy myself first, because Lunatic is dumb and unfun.

P: Kite enemies around the map and feed most of them to Avatar (mages weren't happenin').

1: Avatar + Fred sit on a fort and kill everything.

2: Avatar + Fred sit on a fort and kill everything.

3: Avatar is now level 14 and basically a secondary Fred.

I guess that I should try to train someone else now.

Hmm, I’ve actually found my latest Lunatic run really easy so far despite numerous restrictions. No DLC, spotpass, Anna shops, Barracks, shiny tiles, Nosferatu, etc. I’ve actually seen Panne/Chrom/Lucina face 0/0/0, which should not happen in no grinding Lunatic. <_<

Reclass -> level to unpromoted caps -> promote at Chapter 12 is pretty op. Unpromoted exp gain is fast enough to facilitate this and you get units with like ~30 in all the important stats really early. As long as Frederick isn’t used much after the opening chapters there’s plenty of exp to fund this.

10/20/1 Panne, on average, has like 58 hp, 33+2 str, 28 spd, 27 def. Gets exp like a level 25 unit. This is just Chapter 12.

I had 14/17/1 Wyvern Lord Panne, 20/2 Assassin Lon’qu, 18/15/1 Paladin Chrom, 20/15/1 Grandmaster->Dark Flier Avatar all by Chapter 13. When Lucina arrives she has like 30 all stats after Chrom Pair Up and Rally Spectrum, as well as getting 100 exp per kill for a while. So she quickly becomes op as well.

In my run, now at chapter 17, my 14/17/9 Panne with Assassin Lon’qu Pair Up has 67 hp, 49 str, 43 spd, 38 def, 109-119 avoid with Skills/Support, effectively 79% Adept. She demolishes the Heros nearby to the tune of doing 36x2 with an Iron Lance and facing just 50 hit, 4 damage. I could Rally Spectrum to bring that to 42 hit, 0 damage. Sure I have to be somewhat aware of Snipers, but it’s mostly a steamroll. This is where I remember the difficulty jumping, but now my exp allocation is much better (or I didn't use Frederick as much), so it's easy.

Again, it’s not like this is a solo, I have Chrom, Lucina, Avatar all with ridiculous stats (Avatar is the worst of the bunch by getting Mag/Spd screwed), like 40ish with Pair Up. I could train Yarne/Morgan for more ridiculous units if I wanted them. These characters are toptier at this sort of thing, but I’m fairly sure anyone with a good unpromoted reclass can do similarly (Stahl, Sully, Vaike, tons of characters). Also I still have Rally Spectrum, Rally Speed, Rally Magic, Rally Luck from various characters and could use Tonics for +2 all stats. Panne could be up to 55 str, 53 spd, 44 def, like 140 avoid, which is just silly.

My next run will likely be no Avatar, no Panne to test this, but honestly Lunatic just seems pretty easy in general once you understand the mechanics. I kinda just want to try no Second Seal now. >_>

Edited by XeKr

Besides, think of the moral ramifications. If we idolize a pot head what is that teaching the kids?

Haha... xP

On an unrelated note, I hate counter. It seems worse than lethality. With the high HP of warriors, if they ever one range you it'll end in your death.

The first time I had a run in with it, I didn't realize the enemy warrior had counter and I let him come to me. The next time a warrior ambush spawned and attacked at one range. Both times it happened to Lon'qu and the warriors had 0 percent chance to hit him. Counter really shouldn't activate 100 percent of the time. xD

Haha... xP

On an unrelated note, I hate counter. It seems worse than lethality. With the high HP of warriors, if they ever one range you it'll end in your death.

The first time I had a run in with it, I didn't realize the enemy warrior had counter and I let him come to me. The next time a warrior ambush spawned and attacked at one range. Both times it happened to Lon'qu and the warriors had 0 percent chance to hit him. Counter really shouldn't activate 100 percent of the time. xD

I think they should make it so that counter can't actually kill you. It would be much less troll-worthy if you had to actually land the kb yourself!

Started a Lunatic run, finally. I'm glad that I did my initial playthrough on Hard mode to enjoy myself first, because Lunatic is dumb and unfun.

P: Kite enemies around the map and feed most of them to Avatar (mages weren't happenin').

1: Avatar + Fred sit on a fort and kill everything.

2: Avatar + Fred sit on a fort and kill everything.

3: Avatar is now level 14 and basically a secondary Fred.

I guess that I should try to train someone else now.

nah you can just have Avatar solo the game from that point (yes really)

The only caveat is that you need to pair with Chrom and hope he gets enough dual strike EXP to kill Grima, since Nosferatu isn't so hot.

Edited by Paperblade

^ Or just train Lucina, who comes from a ridiculous chrom x avatar pairing and can have veteran.

So, I'm doing Lunatic +. I can't say Im enjoying it. Currently in chapter 16. A lot of the chapters had me resetting for several times until the skills werent completely stupid. Chapter 2 had me resetting for 2 hours straight. Now I have to face counter warriors with very likely hawkeye. This mode is dumb.

nah you can just have Avatar solo the game from that point (yes really)

The only caveat is that you need to pair with Chrom and hope he gets enough dual strike EXP to kill Grima, since Nosferatu isn't so hot.

That's really sad.

I'll try to get a four or six-man going, and play something resembling a normal game. Ch. 3 seems like a fertile training ground since I have infinite setup time and convenient choke points. I never got Morgan in my Hard pt, and Lucina was a fun time that merits a repeat, so AvatarxChrom it is. Time to find a wife for Fred, I guess.

I finally cleared the bloody thing on Lunatic + last night.......I might actually record the thing and do it again for youtube...hah.

The chapter that gave me the most trouble was probably 15 or 16, seeing almost everyone promoting and with 3x stats on the enemies while i still was on the first promotion for 90% of my units with 1x up to 2x stats, it was rage inducing.

Wait, did you grind at all? Even if so, congrats on beating Luna+. It seems I've finally found someone who has accomplished that.

Wait, did you grind at all? Even if so, congrats on beating Luna+. It seems I've finally found someone who has accomplished that.

Yeah I completed that, and i Did grind for a bit....i grinded with some of the easiest spotpass teams...they really escalate to idiot levels and promotions + skills, even the skirmishes are retarded, the most annoying thing in history is, i had sometimes to refran from attacking and wait for the enemy to initiate attack, those annoying vantage + with the hawkeyes were the most annoying things at the first 15 chapters, 15-23 are easy as crap, 23-25 ill just refrain from defining them due the inappropriate language.

For the endgame, i reached the point that if one of my units fell, i would not care, so I just rushed towards grima and attacked him over and over, lost about 4 units but at that time i honestly did not care. Glad it is not like Radiant Dawn where if another character that isnt MU or Chrom kills him, he regaines 40% health.

Overall I only started a run at it again...i am at chapter 9 and I honestly feel like, this is stupid I should just play on Lunatic or Hard, Lunatic + its more of a tryhard mode imo.